Thread: Babyfur DOLLS! And other babyfur toys :)

Default Babyfur DOLLS! And other babyfur toys :)

I was browsing Target a few days ago when I discovered THESE:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pTRUCA1-18185001reg.jpg 
Views:	1982 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	21813

Name:	pTRUCA1-18184993reg.jpg 
Views:	1397 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	21814

Name:	nyanya.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	21815

I realize that masked-face stuffed animals aren't cute to everyone, but I collect similar vintage-style ones and think these are pretty great. They're called "Animal Babies" and they're by Jakks Pacific. The smaller versions come in a TON of varieties: cats, dogs, bears, monkeys, etc. There are only four of the larger ones (sitting upright) but they TALK and come with a bottle! They're also sold with a bonus rattle at Target.

I feel like little me would have fun playing with these and it would be a lot easier to get into a "cub" mode (something I've been dying to try) if all my toys were of anthro animals instead of human.

Also, for those of you interested, Target also carries a pair of adult sized footie pajamas that are tiger-themed -- and have a HOOD with EARS AND WHISKERS! I bought some Sock-Monkey pajamas from there last year and love them, but I might need a new pair after seeing those... (And the baby tiger doll to match!)

Seeing these somewhat "babyfur" themed items reminded me how much I played with furry toys as a kid, and I thought of this toy in particular:

Name:	mRg8KxRgKNuWOGGdiLsRWLg.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	21816

He's from a set called Hideaway Hollow. I have the original set (Mom, Dad, Baby, and dollhouse with a few accessories) but unfortunately never got any of the others. Maybe later I'll get some.

I also found these, which are a bit ahead of my time, unfortunately, but which I'd still like to have a few of:

Name:	il_570xN.379393141_kl22.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	21817

Name:	magic_diaper_babies_dinos_toys_of_the_90s_by_kratosisy-d5g85nt.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	21818

Yep, those are diapered babyfur figures! They're called "Magic Diaper Babies" and there's a whole mess of them -- mostly human, but there are furries too like those above! (I really want the pig!)

So that's my long post. Anyone else have any other babyfur items from their childhood or from here that they'd like to share? I'd love to see more.

These would have driven me crazy when I was a little kid as I realized I wanted diapers back when I was 4. I think they look cute. I'm going to have to go to Target just to see these in person.

Quote Originally Posted by FeekaDimension View Post

Name:	mRg8KxRgKNuWOGGdiLsRWLg.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	21816
    Well now...I found HogansHeroes. I wonder what he was doing there?

I totally forgot about these until I saw mine in a drawer and went "D'OH!" Tea Bunnies Babies!

Name:	12272256776_f9fc0fe8a4.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	21830

There were four in different colors/flowers. Mine is pink.

I actually have all of the first series of (adult) Tea Bunnies... the last three were waiting for me IN BOX at a thrift store near my house along with all the other first series ones in their boxes... I decided to leave them for some other lucky collector since I already had the rest of the bunnies from my childhood.

Hehe, My sister had those diaper pets when we were (little) kids. If I remember right their diapers would change colors under hot or cold water. I wish there were more toys like these, I'd definitely buy. Except those dolls... they kind of freak me out.

Sam: Correct-o-mundo! They're Magic Diaper Babies... their diapers are white until under water, then it turns pink or blue so you know what the sex of the baby is.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Thought I may as well share some vintage Ruth E. Newton babyfurs. These were toys based on her FANTASTIC Illustrations. I found a human Ruth E. Newton doll in my Grandma's attic after wanting one for years... but I'd LOVE to have some of these babyfurs as well!

Name:	7803085004_2cac619e28_z.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	21844

Name:	2e9d3c3960.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	21845

Name:	dd94b974b809f4c0c5872d92125f8849.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	21846

Name:	dadfdde9.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	21847

Am I really the only one here who knows about these babyfur toys? Doesn't anyone else have ones they'd like to share?