Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cloth diaper satisfaction?

Default Cloth diaper satisfaction?

My wife brought up the idea of getting a couple of cloth diapers for when I want to wear overnight. Her argument is environmental and I don't disagree from that perspective. My diapering is purely recreational and I'm not certain I would find the cloth experience satisfying. Have any other recreational DLs switched from disposable to cloth (I'm looking at a pocket AIO type) and found the experience equivalent? Thanks for your insight.

Here's a link to give you an idea for cloth AIO's. www.dependeco-adult-diapers.com I wear these a lot and have ten of them.
    For the occasional user these will save you in cost over the long run.

Cloth diapers are great. I mix my usage between them and disposables. They are beneficial in both environment and financially. They do have pros and cons compared to disposable. Such as the core of cleaning them, a lot more bulk between the legs.

AIOs are are about the most maintenance free it can get but the fabric well outlast the waterproof layer. Dependeco cloth diapers are good. They also have pocket diapers and other options available and lots of people are happy with them. The thing is that you have to put them through the wash and dry cycle about 5 times so they will become more absorbent. You must never use bleach or fabric softener, because they will ruin the diaper. This goes for any cloth diaper.

Prefold cloth diapers are a good option as well, they are easier to launder, they'll outlast AIOs as well. You don't have to use pins, there's other options out there that make applying then on a breeze such as Snappi fasteners and Boingo fasteners. Good thing about pre folds are that they are cheaper as well. You can stuff these as much as you need and have proper fitting plastic pants over them and they are good to go.

Cloth diapers are great at wicking, the whole diaper will be wet and if you don't completely fill the diaper, no need to worry about wasting a good diaper because you can throw it in the wash and it'll he good for another day.

I think I remember you saying that you had a 50in waist? Changing Times diaper company and Baby-Pants have your size. Dependeco also supports up to size 54". So you should be covered.

I did switch on occasion. Simply because my "stock" is not large enough to support more than a day worth of cloth diaper usage.

But if you do make the switch, invest in good diapers. Not the crappy comercial generic all in one or the crappy baggy pullups that look like a big trash bag made of cloth.

I liked SnapEZ diapers, though they are a bit small.
    I'd definatly buy custom made pockets or All in One.

I wore mostly cloth as a baby so it is only natural that I prefer cloth now. I am also happy when it saves me money. It keeps me on my toes with the laundry. The diposeables keep me on my toes with the trash so everything stays caught up around here.

Cloth are my favorite, but it takes some work to keep them clean.

I like wearing cloth in the summer - not as hot and sweaty. I use the All-in-Ones from Adult Cloth Diapers, Very comfortable. Come the Fall and Winter, though, I am back in disposables.

Thanks for all the feedback! How does soakability compare to a premium overnight disposable? I'm currently looking at the dependeco adult pocket diaper and the snap-ez pocket. I know if depends on how much you stuff them, but properly done will they keep up?

Quote Originally Posted by OtherJake View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback! How does soakability compare to a premium overnight disposable? I'm currently looking at the dependeco adult pocket diaper and the snap-ez pocket. I know if depends on how much you stuff them, but properly done will they keep up?
    With both being cloth you shouldn't have a leak problem. With any disposable there's always that possibility. I've worn the AIO's for overnight
    use and never had a leak. I also use the booster with them.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    With both being cloth you shouldn't have a leak problem. With any disposable there's always that possibility. I've worn the AIO's for overnight
    use and never had a leak. I also use the booster with them.
    Would you mind telling me specifically what you use? Which AIO and which booster etc.? Thanks.