Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy/Kids While Being an AB/DL?

Default Pregnancy/Kids While Being an AB/DL?

Hello ADISC! A few weeks ago, I discovered I'm pregnant (if I've forgotten about anyone who knows me in real life on here I'd appreciate this to be kept a secret. I want it to be a big surprise.) Me and my boyfriend are happy about it. But I was wondering if being an AB/DL could still be part of my life without being weird or awkward? Did it feel strange for anyone being pregnant to get diapered up? Or when you have/had a little one around the age you were acting did it feel uncomfortable? And, unless you decided to tell them, as they got older how did you hide it from them if you still had time to participate in AB/DL things? Thank you!

Well I'm just waiting for calico to respond to you. She is a pretty well known member here who wears 24/7 i believe and also has kids. Only reason I bring this up is because I just figured I'd respond to tell you that there are some members on here who continue to be diapered while raising kids. From posts I have read here, it doesn't seem to be a big deal until you child gets old enough to talk and then you have to worry if they are going to blurt out that 'mommy wears diapers!' Most importantly though, if they understand that talking about other people's underwear is not appropriate, then you should be good. I cant say anything about how this would affect potty training though, I would bet that if you kept your diaper wearing not totally obvious then you should be fine. Besides, I think that pressuring a kid to get out of diapers or they are 'not-a-big-kid' is sending the wrong message and causes too much pressure. If you can teach your child that the reason they get out of diapers is because it will be easier for them at school and in life, rather than, 'get out of diapers or you will be grounded,' I think you would be better off with the first message. If you don't support the 'grow up already' mentality, then I don't think they will be in much personal conflict if they ever found out on accident that you wear diapers, this can easily be explained away by saying, "I just have to... incontinence." Parents don't have to be perfect in my opinion, they just need to not do stupid shit like leave children in cars and ignore their progress in schooling.

This of course is all opinion, as I am a single white guy who sits in front of a computer a lot.

Tyger, opinions are valued! I think I've seen calico around a couple of times, but I haven't been on ADISC very much lately to really familiarize myself with anyone. But if she does show up her response will be welcomed. ^.^ I definitely don't think I could ever take a mean or demanding approach to potty training. I feel it's important that a child is potty trained before school, but I also feel it's important not to pressure them. Like you mention, explaining to them that it will be easier for them is definitely what I think is a good approach. Once my kid is old enough to walk and talk and all of that good stuff, I definitely wasn't planning on wearing in an obvious way, simply because if it did slip out, whoever was told was liable to flip. People really freak out over AB/DLs, for all the wrong reasons, especially when they have kids of their own. I don't get all diapered and little too terribly much because life is keeping me busy, and with a baby I'm sure I'll have even less time to. I just wanted opinions and experiences about when I have time to. Thank you for replying!

Quote Originally Posted by Greeniebell View Post
    Tyger, opinions are valued! I think I've seen calico around a couple of times, but I haven't been on ADISC very much lately to really familiarize myself with anyone. But if she does show up her response will be welcomed. ^.^ I definitely don't think I could ever take a mean or demanding approach to potty training. I feel it's important that a child is potty trained before school, but I also feel it's important not to pressure them. Like you mention, explaining to them that it will be easier for them is definitely what I think is a good approach. Once my kid is old enough to walk and talk and all of that good stuff, I definitely wasn't planning on wearing in an obvious way, simply because if it did slip out, whoever was told was liable to flip. People really freak out over AB/DLs, for all the wrong reasons, especially when they have kids of their own. I don't get all diapered and little too terribly much because life is keeping me busy, and with a baby I'm sure I'll have even less time to. I just wanted opinions and experiences about when I have time to. Thank you for replying!
    You could wear AB style diapers at home, and regular when out and about. This way, if that situation of a talkative kid does arise, you can fib about the pregnancy and say it's left you partially IC. The regular diapers are in case you need to prove it for some ridiculous reason

I'm a guy so I didn't get pregnant, but my wife did three times. When the kids were in diapers, I didn't have too many moments where I wanted to be diapered. You'd think with all those diapers around the house I would, but it was like a red flag for me. Several years later, when the kids were out of diapers, the desire came back big time. Fortunately, I had Fridays off, so I wore when I cleaned the house. I made sure everything was put away by the time the kids and my wife came home.

Quote Originally Posted by dadbro92 View Post
    You could wear AB style diapers at home, and regular when out and about. This way, if that situation of a talkative kid does arise, you can fib about the pregnancy and say it's left you partially IC. The regular diapers are in case you need to prove it for some ridiculous reason
    That sounds like an awesome idea. Thank you for the suggestion!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I'm a guy so I didn't get pregnant, but my wife did three times. When the kids were in diapers, I didn't have too many moments where I wanted to be diapered. You'd think with all those diapers around the house I would, but it was like a red flag for me. Several years later, when the kids were out of diapers, the desire came back big time. Fortunately, I had Fridays off, so I wore when I cleaned the house. I made sure everything was put away by the time the kids and my wife came home.
    That's how I feel like it's going to be for me for some reason. I have this feeling that taking care of an actual baby in diapers is going to make me not want to be in diapers, at all. But I suppose having it put aside for a few years wouldn't be devastating. Thank you for your insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeniebell View Post
    That sounds like an awesome idea. Thank you for the suggestion!

- - - Updated - - -

That's how I feel like it's going to be for me for some reason. I have this feeling that taking care of an actual baby in diapers is going to make me not want to be in diapers, at all. But I suppose having it put aside for a few years wouldn't be devastating. Thank you for your insight.
    Yuppity yup

Congratulations! My 7 kids are 8-30. I am looking forward to being diapered 24/7 next pregnancy. I will admit that spending so much money on diapers kept me from taking any when my kids were little. But I saved every one and wet them a few years after my kids were out of them. When they were little I mostly just wet myself while pregnant. Then I just had a towel in the bed to catch anything. My kids kind of know because they get into my packages and some sample packs are not very discreet. As far as I know they only told my husband. I told them he already knew before they did and it wasn't nice to talk about other people's underwear. I do not think I would stop wearing 24/7 if I had another I'm diapers, but I do think that all the fun of diapers makes me question my desires to have more kids. I am very satisfied with my life the way it is. I am a mommy to a 6 month old AB as well, so I get to do plenty of nurturing.

When I was with my ex and our darling little girl, I can't think of a time when wearing a diaper was an issue. When she got old enough to ask, I simply just told her I was like her and still wet the bed, and sometimes had issues during the day. For a while, we even had matching plastic pants, which we loved, because she was 'Just like Daddy.' For me, my little time was playing with her, which was great, both from a father aspect and an AB aspect. It was easy to stay in the mood, but still be a responsible parent. The only thing I really missed was quality time with my teddy, but the snuggles with Stinkerbelle made up for it, and some more.

Potty training on the other hand was a little hard. because she decided that wearing diapers was ok since Daddy wore them too. It took a little convincing, a little 'tough love' (not punishment or spankings), but we got through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azie View Post
    When I was with my ex and our darling little girl, I can't think of a time when wearing a diaper was an issue. When she got old enough to ask, I simply just told her I was like her and still wet the bed, and sometimes had issues during the day. For a while, we even had matching plastic pants, which we loved, because she was 'Just like Daddy.' For me, my little time was playing with her, which was great, both from a father aspect and an AB aspect. It was easy to stay in the mood, but still be a responsible parent. The only thing I really missed was quality time with my teddy, but the snuggles with Stinkerbelle made up for it, and some more.

Potty training on the other hand was a little hard. because she decided that wearing diapers was ok since Daddy wore them too. It took a little convincing, a little 'tough love' (not punishment or spankings), but we got through it.
    Up vote for awesome.