Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want a crib

Question I want a crib

Sup everybaby, I'm finally in a sort of stable living situation w/ parents, and what baby doesn't have a crib?? :P

I am a pretty small 5' 5 1/2" to 5' 6", 155 lb (trying to lose even more weight) man, could I possibly squeeze into a baby crib (if the bottom was reinforced somehow)? I have very little money and would prefer to get a used baby crib on Craigslist rather than try to build one myself with plans from the internet. Does anyone have experience with buying used cribs, what excuse would I give....

You could use the excuse that you are using it to copy a design and firgure out the rest as you go. (If you are good with building things) but whatever excuse or explanation you go with just be careful if you do not want people to find out! Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by rawrdiaper View Post
    Sup everybaby, I'm finally in a sort of stable living situation w/ parents, and what baby doesn't have a crib?? :P

I am a pretty small 5' 5 1/2" to 5' 6", 155 lb (trying to lose even more weight) man, could I possibly squeeze into a baby crib (if the bottom was reinforced somehow)? I have very little money and would prefer to get a used baby crib on Craigslist rather than try to build one myself with plans from the internet. Does anyone have experience with buying used cribs, what excuse would I give....
    This isn't really an excuse kind of purchase. It's a big piece of furniture. You may be able to keep it out of the way of casual guests, but you're living with parents and you can't exactly hide it.

So, I'd suggest the mature route (always ironic) and just own it. You don't have to tell everyone you're ABDL all of a sudden, but if you're going to get something that big just admit you wanted it. Say you were curious.

Also, you're probably too big for a baby crib, so you'll most likely either need to get something bigger specially ordered or make modifications yourself.

If all of that sounds a bit intimidating (it does to me after looking it back over), I would suggest hesitating before making the purchase and considering how important it is to you. This is a lot harder to hide than a box of diapers.

I don't care about hiding it from my parents, they already know I'm an AB. To hide it from other people when I'm not using it maybe I could drape a sheet over it? I don't care to do more than that. I'm almost 30 now and am tired of being ashamed about this.

I just can't afford (nor do I have the ability) to build something myself, but god damn it, I just want to sleep in a crib so badly.

Hi rawrdiaper.

I have a baby crib picked it up seven years ago for $50.00 and I sleep in every night. Now I am 5'7 and 175/180 and it's great. What you need to get is an older crib with a drop side and steel matrass spring to support baby the wood ones won't work. Here is my crib.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2712 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	21802Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5135 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	21803Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5140 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	21804Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5138 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	21805Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5141 (480x640).jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	21806

I don't care about hiding it from my parents, they already know I'm an AB. To hide it from other people when I'm not using it maybe I could drape a sheet over it? I don't care to do more than that. I'm almost 30 now and am tired of being ashamed about this.

I just can't afford (nor do I have the ability) to build something myself, but god damn it, I just want to sleep in a crib so badly.
    In that case, sure. I'd say google for oversized cribs, see if you can find anything in your price range. You can put a sheet on it or just say you thought it was the perfect decoration for the room, or just don't bother explaining at all. I'd be surprised if too many people even asked. If for some reason you were expecting someone over that you really didn't want to see it, you could probably carry it down to your basement for the day, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bn3baby View Post
    Hi rawrdiaper.

I have a baby crib picked it up seven years ago for $50.00 and I sleep in every night. Now I am 5'7 and 175/180 and it's great. What you need to get is an older crib with a drop side and steel matrass spring to support baby the wood ones won't work. Here is my crib.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2712 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	21802Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5135 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	21803Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5140 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	21804Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5138 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	21805Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5141 (480x640).jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	21806
    Thanks! By no wood you mean where the mattress goes or can the whole thing not be made of wood?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5168 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	21812

Thanks! By no wood you mean where the mattress goes or can the whole thing not be made of wood?
    The mattress support is a steel frame with wire springs as a base for the mattress the newer cribs have a thin sheet of board to support the mattress and that won't take your weight.
    Last edited by bn3baby; 04-Sep-2014 at 19:42.

You said you don't have much money; but if your living with your parents i'd say saving up for this crib is probably your best bet.
    http://ungulate11.wix.com/babicka

You can take it apart, hide it under your bed, and put it back together.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTyrant View Post
    You said you don't have much money; but if your living with your parents i'd say saving up for this crib is probably your best bet.
    http://ungulate11.wix.com/babicka

You can take it apart, hide it under your bed, and put it back together.
    I have looked at this crib and it's not for me. At $50.00 that I paid for mine you can't go wrong. Any thing after that is just a full size bed with sides doesn't do it for me.

bn3baby

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5168 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	21811[]Thanks! By no wood you mean where the mattress goes or can the whole thing not be made of wood?[/QUOTE]

Here is the steel frame and spring support for the mattress I was telling you about.

bn3baby