Thread: A comparison of diapers by weight.

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm assuming there's some correlation between weight and absorbency, especially for the various disposables, which are probably varying primarily by amount of SAP in the diaper. I also recognize enough of them to know that some of the more absorbent ones are heavier. Do you have an explanation anywhere of how that correlation works? Is it linear?

My guess is that there is a linear correlation between diaper weight and diaper absorbency. The line might not be perfectly straight due to diaper construction variables not effecting absorbency, but the general correlation ought to be linear, I think. Perhaps we might ask Gary of XP Medical to weigh the diapers in his tests.

It would also be helpful for me if you labeled each of the diapers. I recognize about half of them, but some I have no clue what they are.