Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will be buying my first pack of diapers tomorrow morning at Walgreens, which ones should I get?

Default Will be buying my first pack of diapers tomorrow morning at Walgreens, which ones should I get?

I will be buying my first ever pack of diapers tomorrow morning at the store, and I was wondering which ones would be within a good price to quality ratio.

I have a 10-15 dollar limit, and I am wanting something that I can wet every once in a while and sleep in.

As far as actual adult diapers your only choice is Certainty fitted briefs. Especially after the launch of Always incontinence line they are the only "diaper" left on the shelves. There focus is now on light incontinence products since that is the majority of the market.

Are you saying that that's all I can choose from given my price range, or that's all that is available?

If you want a pull up by the always discreet they run about 11.99 for a pack of 19 s/m. Walgreens also Sells depends maximum protection with tabs only S/M around 14.00.

You might be able to fit into xl goodnights or an equivalent. Depends on your waist size. They're super cute, but not very functional.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicZelda View Post
    Are you saying that that's all I can choose from given my price range, or that's all that is available?
    That is pretty much all that is available. I checked the Walgreen's web site ant the traditional Depends max protection is web only. At store level it is all about pull-ups and pads. It also doesn't help that over the past several years the incontinence shelf space has shrunk while DME (durable medical equipment) space has increased. Diapers, adult and baby, in general are a low margin product. DME is a higher margin product line. And in big businesses it's all about $$$.

I ended up getting a 20 pack of Walgreens Certainty for 10 dollars.

I supplemented it with some Always maxi pads.

I am very much enjoying them, I peed in them a little bit, then changed. I only have 17 diapers left

Great! Congratulations on the first pack. I still have some of my first packs that I bought in May. I have really enjoyed them. Today I used a baby diaper with an adult booster inside. It was heavenly. The Aldis diaper is cheap and thin, but has great leg guards so the booster fit perfectly right where I needed it. Maybe I'll try that under plastic pants again tonight.