Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well that was rude.

Default Well that was rude.

Well first off, I'm 18 and still live with my parents who don't know about my diapers, so online ordering is not an option. So, I go to a local walmart to pick up some Depends when I run out. Well last time I was in there, I got to the check out counter, set the Depends on the conveyor belt, and as soon as I did so, I overheard a MANAGER say very loudly, "oh somebody actually wants Depends!" He was no less than thirty feet from me and I could hear him as if he was right next to me. The employee next to him kind of hit him and shushed him up, but the damage was already done because all eyes were on me now. As if purchasing diapers in a store isn't uncomfortable enough, having all nearby attention drawn to you by a MANAGER in my eyes is shocking and quite frankly unacceptable. You would think a manager would learn to keep his mouth shut. But then again, it is walmart.

I had simalar experience before living on my own and online ordering was acceptable :P . I was picking up a bag of attends at a local drugstore i ran 2 dollars short of the ammount due the lady and her daughter was behind me when i felt a tap on the should she didn't say anything thing to me just handed me 2 dollars and some change. i turned to her and said thank you and asked how may i repay you she stopped me after i said that and said to not worry about it . I on the other hand felt like everyone was looking at me as well and felt like a a piece of crap for running short. over all it turned out alright but still was embarrassing .

Quote Originally Posted by theb View Post
    Well first off, I'm 18 and still live with my parents who don't know about my diapers, so online ordering is not an option. So, I go to a local walmart to pick up some Depends when I run out. Well last time I was in there, I got to the check out counter, set the Depends on the conveyor belt, and as soon as I did so, I overheard a MANAGER say very loudly, "oh somebody actually wants Depends!" He was no less than thirty feet from me and I could hear him as if he was right next to me. The employee next to him kind of hit him and shushed him up, but the damage was already done because all eyes were on me now. As if purchasing diapers in a store isn't uncomfortable enough, having all nearby attention drawn to you by a MANAGER in my eyes is shocking and quite frankly unacceptable. You would think a manager would learn to keep his mouth shut. But then again, it is walmart.
    Here is a different way of thinking about it. The person at Walmart who pointed outů Might be a DL himself. He realizes that depends as a functional diaper are terrible. He was surprised that someone actually bought such a shitty diaper.
    Think of it from that perspective and maybe he will seem less of a dick.

Happened to me at the grocery store once, I was buying goodnites and these 2 teenaged workers snickered as they walked past my self-checkout line. Was really kinda rude and made me feel embarrassed.

Report it. There should be a survey on your receipt. If not, go to the website and find the HR number. Trust me, the corporate wigs can and do come down on people at the store level when a customer gets angry enough.

Quote Originally Posted by theb View Post
    Go call the 800 number for walmart complain he will never do that again for shure.
    Mite save some one like you next time.
    I would.

I buy depends at walmart and rite aid and being shy i use to walkout half the time without bying them!! I found this site and found that i am normal so when i go in to buy them one i need them and two im buying them and happy when i get home with them screw everyone else!!

If it was an assistant or department manager, report it to the store manager. If it was the store manager, you need to report it to the head office in Bentonville. Trust me, their HR department will come down on that manager hard as long as there is proof, and yes, they will check the security camera footage to verify. Had something similar happen to me before.

Completely un-acceptable behavior, no matter who you are... as a Manager, even more so, should be reported, I would have got right in his face with a comment like that being heard by everyone... some people have that disease, verbal terrets, they just spit shit out of their mouth and can't seem to help themselves. Someone like that should NOT be running a store in my opinion. AB/DL or IC, does not matter, he should have never said anything, it's too sensitive a subject to blurt a word out about in the middle of a crowded store.

Yeah that's actually not acceptable behavior at all and it's a big deal for Walmart corporate. They don't know why you're buying those diapers. Imagine the old excuse was actually right and you were buying them for your granny, and the manager said something like that. What a jerk! If people at the stores are acting that way, it hurts the company's bottom line because it means customers won't want to come back and won't feel comfortable fulfilling all their needs at the store. Again, huge deal for corporate if it's a store manager perpetuating that kind of attitude.