Thread: Custom Queen Fitted Sheet

Default Custom Queen Fitted Sheet

Anybody know of a seller who would make custom fitted sheets for AB's? I saw this http://www.angelfluff.com/nfMattressCovers.htm But I have a waterproof sheet already, and if i got one that was cute and had print, it wouldn't matter because i would have to cover it up with a sheet on top of it, namely because i don't want to sleep touching the waterproof material.

That's actually not that hard to find. Google "queen size children's bedding." While it does't end up being babyish, it gets very juvenile.

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    That's actually not that hard to find. Google "queen size children's bedding." While it does't end up being babyish, it gets very juvenile.
    I have done that before, and I just don't like any of the patterns. I'd rather find somebody that would just sew up something.

I'll stick to the plain white one I got at WMart, for all of $8 it does the job, and you can't see it anyhow. Now a comforter on the other hand... hmmmm!

Making fitted sheets isn't all that hard once you find the fabric. You just cut squares out of the corners and sew the cut edges together to form the pocket. You stretch the elastic while you sew it with a rather widely spaced zig-zag. Any seamstress will have little problem with this.

No sewing skills available? Just by the material leaving it oversized, pink the edges, and just tuck it under the mattress. The military (and even my college dorm linen service) gave us two flat sheets.

Here's a video for the technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRByQfYkV1A

Quote Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
    I'll stick to the plain white one I got at WMart, for all of $8 it does the job, and you can't see it anyhow. Now a comforter on the other hand... hmmmm!
    I see my fitted sheet all of the time, namely because my top blanket always ends up as a crumpled ball.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    Making fitted sheets isn't all that hard once you find the fabric. You just cut squares out of the corners and sew the cut edges together to form the pocket. You stretch the elastic while you sew it with a rather widely spaced zig-zag. Any seamstress will have little problem with this.

No sewing skills available? Just by the material leaving it oversized, pink the edges, and just tuck it under the mattress. The military (and even my college dorm linen service) gave us two flat sheets.

Here's a video for the technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRByQfYkV1A
    Good idea, maybe I will just go with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Anybody know of a seller who would make custom fitted sheets for AB's? I saw this http://www.angelfluff.com/nfMattressCovers.htm But I have a waterproof sheet already, and if i got one that was cute and had print, it wouldn't matter because i would have to cover it up with a sheet on top of it, namely because i don't want to sleep touching the waterproof material.
    Not exactly sure what the situation is like for you guys in the US, but in Australia it's actually super duper easy to get bedding custom made to whatever specifications you need.

That's super strange to hear that you can't find many people near Utah as I would have thought anyone with the skill would be happy to take custom work.

I actually had Lion King sheets done because they only had them in Single and Cot sizes here and I wanted them because, well... it's the Lion King! Gee!

Pro-tip if you haven't already: Don't specifically look for people who are AB/DL aware in your quest to get a fitted sheet done, anyone at all who does custom stuff in your area would work great

I can make whatever you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I'm new here, but I have a good sewing machine (and a separate Serger/Cover stitch machine) and I have some experience making things. I generally make things at cost + $20. Depending on the material and the print, this would cost $40-$50 for a queen (or king).

Quote Originally Posted by Okamiyasha View Post
    Not exactly sure what the situation is like for you guys in the US, but in Australia it's actually super duper easy to get bedding custom made to whatever specifications you need.

That's super strange to hear that you can't find many people near Utah as I would have thought anyone with the skill would be happy to take custom work.

I actually had Lion King sheets done because they only had them in Single and Cot sizes here and I wanted them because, well... it's the Lion King! Gee!

Pro-tip if you haven't already: Don't specifically look for people who are AB/DL aware in your quest to get a fitted sheet done, anyone at all who does custom stuff in your area would work great

Ahhh! Lion king is totally what I want. That is a good idea, maybe I'll just go to a fabric store and see if they know anybody that would do some custom work for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paddedfilly View Post
    I can make whatever you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I'm new here, but I have a good sewing machine (and a separate Serger/Cover stitch machine) and I have some experience making things. I generally make things at cost + $20. Depending on the material and the print, this would cost $40-$50 for a queen (or king).
    If I don't see anything local I will certainly take you up on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you find some super cute lion king fabric.

The only issue is that if you don't want seams in the sheets, it's going to cost $$ because it's hard to find extra-wide fabric.