Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bed wetting.

Default Bed wetting.

Hi, as I am IC I regularly wet the bed without having a small drink of milk during the night for a dry throat, BUT I have noticed that if I wake up in the night (say 2am ) and have even a couple of egg-cup fulls of milk from my lil bottle I wet a hell of a lot more.
    Does this trick the kidneys into thinking it is daytime instead of the middle of the night ?
    A couple of egg-cup fulls of milk turn into about a half a pint (or more) of pee.
    Has anyone else found this ?

I would have to try it to find out... I kinda stopped caring about my fluid intake before bed -- i'm not going to be thirsty just so i dont wet as much when volume is not something of consequence. I will, however try this in the next few days and get back to you though. also... how much is an egg-cup? Never heard the term before~

Thanks for your input Painissima,
    an egg cup is an old idea, it used to be made put of porcelain or silver or stainless steel to hold a soft boiled egg for breakfast.
    I would think is would hold about as much as a golf ball if that golf ball was hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiddles View Post
    Thanks for your input Painissima,
    an egg cup is an old idea, it used to be made put of porcelain or silver or stainless steel to hold a soft boiled egg for breakfast.
    I would think is would hold about as much as a golf ball if that golf ball was hollow.
    Oh, okay. I thought it was just a UK term for a certain type of glass lol. I know what you are talking about then. But I'll definitely try it out and maybe do some research on it

I have heard that urine production slows down during the night, so maybe your milk kicks it back in and the left over liquid from the night before is turned in to urine as well.

I can say that it doesn't happen with water for me, I quite often drink water during the night and don't see an increase in urine production.

Quote Originally Posted by babymt View Post
    i have heard that urine production slows down during the night, so maybe your milk kicks it back in and the left over liquid from the night before is turned in to urine as well.

I can say that it doesn't happen with water for me, i quite often drink water during the night and don't see an increase in urine production.
    we must experiment!!!

Yes, with most people the urine production does slow down at night but mine do not slow down, not that anyone would notice. I have been prescribed Desmopressin but that only made a slight reduction overnight only to make things 100 times worse during the day when my kidneys came round. I wet the car seat one morning during a half an hour car journey. That was the end of desmoipressin for me, even though the doctor wanted to double the dose.

Yes, with most people the urine production does slow down at night but mine do not slow down, not that anyone would notice.
    And that's when I decided to not even bother dehydrating myself before bed xDD I've never actually seen a doctor about mine tbh. Maybe next time I go I'll do it lol

Tremer

Hi, as I am IC I regularly wet the bed without having a small drink of milk during the night for a dry throat, BUT I have noticed that if I wake up in the night (say 2am ) and have even a couple of egg-cup fulls of milk from my lil bottle I wet a hell of a lot more.
    Does this trick the kidneys into thinking it is daytime instead of the middle of the night ?
    A couple of egg-cup fulls of milk turn into about a half a pint (or more) of pee.
    Has anyone else found this ?
    well maybe if you keep a glass of water beside your bed and just sip on it for "dry throat" you wont we the bed as much because you arnt fully waking yourself up, you know?

Thanks for your reply Tremer, I keep a feeding bottle full of milk for when I need a sip of milk. I only half wake up and I know exactly where the bottle is, all I have to do is reach around to grab it, I do not even need to sit up as the feeding bottle works well upside down.
    I loath water, it would have to be diluted with something tasty to make it right.
    It HAS to be milk.
    IF I am lucky enough to wake up when I need to pee I simply roll out of bed and use the loo/toilet that is next to my bedroom. If I am in a deep sleep I wet my nappy/diaper. The first wetting or need to pee is often before 2am. I have no or very little feeling in my bladder unless it is near bursting. When I lay down the only feeling I get is when the pressure caused by my bladder is pushing or trying to push the urine out.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your reply Tremer, I keep a feeding bottle full of milk for when I need a sip of milk. I only half wake up and I know exactly where the bottle is, all I have to do is reach around to grab it, I do not even need to sit up as the feeding bottle works well upside down.
    I loath water, it would have to be diluted with something tasty to make it right.
    It HAS to be milk.
    IF I am lucky enough to wake up when I need to pee I simply roll out of bed and use the loo/toilet that is next to my bedroom. If I am in a deep sleep I wet my nappy/diaper. The first wetting or need to pee is often before 2am. I have no or very little feeling in my bladder unless it is near bursting. When I lay down the only feeling I get is when the pressure caused by my bladder is pushing or trying to push the urine out.