Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Th BESTEST sounds in the world.

Default Th BESTEST sounds in the world.

What are your favorite sounds? I love the sound of blowoff valves installed in turbocharged cars. Basically, a BOV prevents compressor surge by releasing air when the throttle is shut and it makes an awesome "PSSSHT!" noise.
    http://youtu.be/Gn-AoxKQB90?t=12s
    Also, the sound of cars in general and crinkly diapers.
    Best sounds in the world?

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, that was supposed to say "the". Whoops.

I think this is cheating, but the word banjo is one of my favorite sounds. Its such a great sounding word. And i cant stand that sound, poison.... it scares me... well then again so does my toaster.... those things are evil

The sound of those tiny chattering birds who live in heathland and famland... Not sure what they are -- swifts? swallows?

Get enough of them and it sounds like a crazy three-dimensional soundscape of DJs scratching records in an ambiently abstract style. And they even dance through the air -- darting and undulating gracefully above the cornfields, or swirling in a sweeping double-helix into the air with another bird as their dance-partner.

Heh. I always wanted to make friends with the birds, but they're just so shy! Although I remember hand-feeding a wagtail in a town centre! I couldn't believe it (and nor could the small crowd that gathered to watch). He must've been hungry! It absolutely made my day!

The sound of my race car... No mufflers just straight out headers on a v8 :-) On a more subtle note (pardon the pun) The sound of my newborn baby is awesome.

I love the sound of my turbo spooling up and then the sound of the bov releasing on my civic. I also love the sound my 04 ninja 636 makes at wide open throtall.

Haha, I see some other people like the sound of turbocharged cars as well... Though it's no good for the turbo, if you don't have a BOV installed you get that squirelly "Dvdvdvdvdvdv!" noise. Sounds pretty awesome :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pianissima View Post
    I think this is cheating, but the word banjo is one of my favorite sounds. Its such a great sounding word. And i cant stand that sound, poison.... it scares me... well then again so does my toaster.... those things are evil
    PFFFT, TOASTERS? Clearly you've never tried to microwave something without waking someone up :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    The sound of those tiny chattering birds who live in heathland and famland... Not sure what they are -- swifts? swallows?

Get enough of them and it sounds like a crazy three-dimensional soundscape of DJs scratching records in an ambiently abstract style. And they even dance through the air -- darting and undulating gracefully above the cornfields, or swirling in a sweeping double-helix into the air with another bird as their dance-partner.

Heh. I always wanted to make friends with the birds, but they're just so shy! Although I remember hand-feeding a wagtail in a town centre! I couldn't believe it (and nor could the small crowd that gathered to watch). He must've been hungry! It absolutely made my day!
    Where I live you can't get close to the birds at all but in Salem, you can run right up to them and they don't fly away till the last second.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyboy View Post
    The sound of my race car... No mufflers just straight out headers on a v8 :-) On a more subtle note (pardon the pun) The sound of my newborn baby is awesome.
    What do you mean racecar? Do you race stock cars?
    Hahaha, and I love when babies coo, but not so much when they scream at the top of their lungs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebabymike View Post
    I love the sound of my turbo spooling up and then the sound of the bov releasing on my civic. I also love the sound my 04 ninja 636 makes at wide open throtall.
    What generation Civic? How much HP does it make? Do people make fun of it because it's a Honda?
    People always say 'Hondas are rice, Hondas have no torque, VTEC is stupid' but then again, half these people are kids who can't even drive yet. I'm kinda guilty of loving VTEC lol. It's so simple but so cool.

I race a rail/dragster. 24ft/7.2m long skinny car with the big wheels on the back amd the skinny wheels on the front with a parachute (for the non car minded ppl) I use a small block chev on methanol. Revs to 8500rpm :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyboy View Post
    I race a rail/dragster. 24ft/7.2m long skinny car with the big wheels on the back amd the skinny wheels on the front with a parachute (for the non car minded ppl) I use a small block chev on methanol. Revs to 8500rpm :-)
    That. Sounds. Amazing.
    You need a 'Prius Repellent' sticker above the exhaust pipe!

And yes I have raced while midly padded lol. My race suit is black and a little baggy for a reason ;-)