Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could an AB grow up?

Default Could an AB grow up?

I open this thread because I would like to know if some AB manage to grow up progressively. If my online mommy accept my AB side and encouraged me to be myself, I believed that she would like to help me to be a secure adult. But i don't know if I could succeed in doing this. Now i feel like a 12 years old little boy and I seem to be block at this age.
    What do you think?

I like the theory, but I don't know if will work in practice. You're in unknown waters at this point, but like they say nothing ventured nothing gained.

its like being gay you can try and force your felling's away but they will keep coming back

last year I got over this and a couple months later I wet the bed and my abdl side hit me like a ton of bricks

I don't think so in the way that you mean. On the other hand, it's intrinsic in the AB title: already "adult", just juxtaposed with "baby". We must attend to both sides rather than seeking to extinguish or bury one of them. When you begin to accept yourself, I hope you can find a good balance.
    Last edited by Trevor; 20-Aug-2014 at 17:13. Reason: !#@$! autocorrect!

I do imagine that one could roleplay through an extended scenario. Someone with a long-term partner might, over multiple sessions, go from RPing a 1 year old all the way up through age 10-12, with all sorts of different individual events from potty-training on up.

That said, I don't think one can "grow out" of AB interests, as others here are saying. Someone who finished that whole scenario would, after resting a little while, still want to RP as a child of some age or other, quite possibly going back to wanting baby things.

I am answering this more through my personal observations and inferences rather than personal experience (I consider myself mostly a DL). I think that there is always a range of flexibility for anyone who identifies as AB or TB and each one has different ideas on who they are and what they are trying to be. As far as the concept of "growing up" I see it as two distinct scenarios in play: Growing up as in progressing in ageplay (ex. from age 2 to age 6), or alternatively Growing up as in growing out of being an AB. For the former, I can relate it to my previous statement as something that can range in flexibility. For the latter, I think that there are many factors in play that can cause the idea of stopping from being an AB but I also buy the idea that it is something that you can't really abandon from oneself.

I am afraid that as of now there isn't really much of a strong ideological debate on these ideas but generally each person is unique and it is always important to be comfortable with oneself.

When my mom sent me to the shrink, the psychiatrist thought I would outgrow it, but more than 40 years later, here I am. I always knew when I could regress and when I had to be my biological age. I've always wanted to be a part of society and to be reasonably successful. There's a time to play with toys, and a time to put away toys....or something like that.

I agree with all the other respondents that it is almost impossible to get rid of the AB feelings, but on the other hand it is very well possible to become more secure in adult life by being accepted. And that can have a significant influence on the intensity of the AB feelings. The more secure and pleasant I feel in adult life the less need I feel to escape to my little world. So it is a kind of vicious circle for me.

When I was younger I was an extremely insecure adult. I tired to have regular relationships but that did not work out at all. Then I found my Mommy. She fully accepted my little side and because my little side was happy my adult side became happier and I felt more secure, and over time the need and desire to regress got less and less. And due to the circumstances there also was no option to regress and I did not even miss it. I actually had the illusion that I was actually growing out of them.

But as soon as my Mommy passed away I went straight back into little mode, and learned that this part of me is still very much there.

Thank you very much for all your answer. It helps me a lot.
    So, I will try to find a balance between my two sides !
    If you have some advice I really am interested.

12 seems to be the normal upper limit on ageplay age. You may find it difficult to leave that era.
    I have heard of only one AB growing up totally, so the odds are not good, but if that is your goal, I wish you all the luck in the world at becoming the second. It is also my ultimate goal, and although I have made progress, I am still a child.