Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: going 24/7

Default going 24/7

I was thinking of wearing 24/7 but have a few concerns.

1) I work for a cable company and I install
    Install at people's houses, I'm
    concerned that I'll be cough easily.

2) A diaper that is discrete enough as well
    As absorbent.

3) Places to change and clean up.

4) How to properly clean up so I don't get
    A rash, or to stay dry.

Thank you for any advice. =)

#1 reason not to wear 24/7 is if it jeopardizes your job.

I practically wear 24/7 but when it comes to work, I just don't use my diaper unless it is near the end of the day and I know I will be able to change soon. Be sure to wear something that has re-applying tapes so that you can use the toilet if you need to go #2. I wear all in one cloth diapers so they re-apply because they have Velcro. Also, if somebody sees your cloth diapers and makes a comment, you can always say that your underwear just has cooler designs than theirs. Granted, with normal diapers, there really isn't anything wrong with people discovering you wear a diaper, you just say you have incontinence and move on with it, it would probably be embarrassing, but you wont get fired.

I work a tech job, so I don't do a lot that would make my diaper easily viewable, but sometimes there is some bending over and whatnot. I just make sure to pull my pants up when I do. As for you, I don't know what you can do to assure people don't see.

I work with family, so wearing at work is out of the question for me right now.

Thanks. I'm just always self concise about it that it's scary for me. Don't get me wrong I can wear in public with no fear. It's just when I'm near friends and work. Ugh.... I wish people would just accept us. Lol

If you wear a onesie, it will look just like a typical tucked in undershirt to all others, but will not have the possibility of pulling up and showing the top of your diaper.

Pulluplover

1. Wear either a Good Nite Pull up since they are never going to show or Onsie with bulkier diapers. If you have to wear a uniform shirt the Onsie will likely have to be reserved for the winter when you can wear a t-shirt style Onsie under the Uniform shirt.
    2. Good luck on that, probably have to be a granny panty. Maybe a Goodnite with Booster? Also simply use the restroom to minimize wetting issues.
    3. Very easy, just change at lunch. Pick a restaurant with a single hole. Even a Goodnite with reasonable usage will get you through until lunch.
    4. Use powder.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlejustin View Post
    I was thinking of wearing 24/7 but have a few concerns.

1) I work for a cable company and I install
    Install at people's houses, I'm
    concerned that I'll be cough easily.

2) A diaper that is discrete enough as well
    As absorbent.

3) Places to change and clean up.

4) How to properly clean up so I don't get
    A rash, or to stay dry.

Thank you for any advice. =)
    1. It is your choice if you want to wear while you are working. If a customer were to notice anything they would most likely not say anything. Even if someone does say something you just simply say its because of medical reasons.

2. I used to be very self conscious too, especially when it came to wearing at work. I'm a photographer and am often moving equipment or bending over and reaching into a camera bag and because of this I was concerned of the diaper showing when I bend over, to fix this issue I either wear a onesie (I have many now) or I wear a GaryWear protective pants (they are like plastic pants but much nicer and kinda look like underwear from a distance). As for the diaper you have many different options to choose from. If you plan on wearing a using all the time then I would go with something that can hold a lot, like an Abena M4. The plastic of the diaper would be muffled from the onesie and pants. If your concerned about noise or if you want to wear but be able to use the bathroom too (like while at work) I would go with a clothe backed diaper. I especially like Attends Breathable's Extra Absorbent. They are a great price, can be readjusted throughout the day and if I use a booster with them I can make one last almost the entire day.

3. This is hard for me to say because I don't know how your work is and where and when your close to a bathroom. If your out all day and don't really have the chance to go to the bathroom then you should probably use a premium diaper that holds a lot.

4. Keep your "area" clean, use baby wipes, and baby powder. If a rash does come use some Desitin on it and it will clear the rash right up.

Hope you enjoy going 24/7 and good luck!

I wear 24/7 but I never use my diaper at work. Usually I wear plain white onesie/vest over my diaper and it does make me less concerned about anything that might stick out of my pants