Thread: Nominations please

Default Nominations please

Hi

Apologies in advance to all our tirelessly working staffers, but there seems to be a position currently vacant.

EPO1 has definitely left us for a while (I never doubted he would, he was always a man of his word). He is definitely missed.

Therefore we need a successor to be appointed to take his place on our forum.

The nominees need to be:

Completely and brutally honest
    Not attacking in a personal way
    Very thick skinned
    Able to call out anybody trying to harm themselves or others deliberately
    Able to call out anybody who is an exhibitionist
    Able to call out anybody who is trying to pull other people in to their fetish unwillingly or dishonestly
    On ADISC tirelessly to not let a single thread get by them
    Open to lots of criticism
    Also, they need to not apologise in the first sentence of a thread (unlike me)

If you know anybody like this please nominate them here........

Personally, I think that filling in for EP01 should be a group effort. We could all stand to point out to people from time to time when they're not acting in their own best interest or haven't thought their actions through.

Being a new EP01 isn't a job, it will happen to someone random. It's not like a staff job to call out others or to make vital points about one or another. It isn't a choice either, it just happens,

We could always petition Moo to make a new mod position called "EPO1."

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    We could always petition Moo to make a new mod position called "EPO1."
    Haha that would be cool!

It's sad to see him go. His posts were good and his opinions respectable. But alas it seems there's little we can do but try to post as he would post, and browse as he would browse as we await a new chosen one to be coalesced from the vapors of pure internet.

Quote Originally Posted by soupy View Post
    It's sad to see him go. His posts were good and his opinions respectable. But alas it seems there's little we can do but try to post as he would post, and browse as he would browse as we await a new chosen one to be coalesced from the vapors of pure internet.
    The thing we should all remember is that while emulating EP01 is good (I do so myself) the best we can contribute to ADISC is as ArchieRoni put it: a group effort. Do not strive to be EP01. Strive to take the lessons he has shown us in awareness and constructive criticism and simply work towards being the best member you can be, whether that is staff or otherwise.

Greatness is not some esoteric thing that only the select few are granted. It is the result of trial and error; hardwork; persistence. If we want another EP01 then we all need to look into ourselves as ArchieRoni said and make it a collaborative effort to maintain this forum. Waiting will get us nowhere. Nor will worrying over the loss of a fellow member (especially one who was as dedicated and contributive as EP01). But we can continue on in his name and keep this place rock steady.

Besides, it's not like he's dead. Business should flow as usual.