Thread: Wetness indicator question

Default Wetness indicator question

So I dont usually wear often and i dont have ic, but this morning the front of my diaper changed from yellow to blue. Now I use cvs brand diapers and they have like 2 lines and only the one on the left and some of the one on the right turned blue. I dont think I wet it while sleeping but i was wondering maybe if sweating could have caused this. I remember when i woke up I wasnt hot or anything and I didnt even feel wet but I did see that the color changed. The only thing i can think of is if I was sweating but I just dont think a little bit of sweat can cause the wetness indicator to activate. Im confused. What do you think of this? Has this ever happened to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dommy View Post
    So I dont usually wear often and i dont have ic, but this morning the front of my diaper changed from yellow to blue. Now I use cvs brand diapers and they have like 2 lines and only the one on the left and some of the one on the right turned blue. I dont think I wet it while sleeping but i was wondering maybe if sweating could have caused this. I remember when i woke up I wasnt hot or anything and I didnt even feel wet but I did see that the color changed. The only thing i can think of is if I was sweating but I just dont think a little bit of sweat can cause the wetness indicator to activate. Im confused. What do you think of this? Has this ever happened to anyone?
    even a little bit of sweat will turn the color. Im pretty sure 90% of people here have a shared experience, nothing too out of the ordinary ^w^

Quote Originally Posted by Pianissima View Post
    even a little bit of sweat will turn the color. Im pretty sure 90% of people here have a shared experience, nothing too out of the ordinary ^w^
    Hmm interesting I never thought a little sweat could do that. Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Dommy View Post
    Sweat could cause on some diapers. I don't pay any attention to them on mine.

It's just sweat/humidity. There's a lot of moist heat trapped in there and wetness indicators can turn whether you use them or not over the not too long term.

I've had the Walgreens store brand (which if I remember correctly is the same as the CVS store brand) change without wearing due to very high humidity in the house before. That's why I tend to ignore the indicators unless it's a brand I know that isn't as susceptible to that kind of thing.

Sweat of course is another story. I've yet to find a brand that won't have the indicator change with even minimal exposure to sweat