Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: League Of Legends Question

Default League Of Legends Question

I have all weekend and I managed to slide onto here.

SlyFox wants me to get League of Legends for my computer but I know nothing about it if I were to download. Can I get some pointers or any advice or information about the game? How fun is it? Is it interesting? Will anyone join me or something? I got titanfall today and I plan on getting this game :p I know nothing. I need helps.

I used to play league professionally. There is a moderate learning curve, but most of the game is based around knowledge, skill, and timing rather than RNG which is nice. Its really fun to play with a group, or even by urself. And even better: ITS FREEEEEE~

As you're new to the game, I would suggest, you try a few game and see for yourself.
    The tutorial is well done and give you a good overview.

The game requires a bit of knowledge as you progress : how to cs, what's laning, what are timers, etc. but don't go into that before you try the game out. If you do get hooked however, some websites are great to learn and youtube is full of tutorials and progamers streaming. But, you won't need that before you reach at least level 15-25, I'd say.

And as Pianissima said, it's really fun to play with a group (especially if they are of the same skill level as you) and as much as I'd like to play with you. We're not on the same server :p

I used to play on NA when I began and I remember there was a chat room for beginners called league academy or something like that, check the official forum to see if this kind of things still exist.

If you like the game and want to keep playing and improve, don't hesitate to pm me in a few days/weeks/months and I can give you a bunch of links to check out. But, as you just begin, don't fill your head with too much info at first. Just go in and play

league of legends is probably the best game for losing friends over. It has one of the most toxic and unfriendly playerbases I've ever encountered.

If you play with friends, be fully prepared for them to get frustrated and find excuses to quit playing with you. if you play with the general public, be fully prepared to see people yelling at you for reasons that make no sense and telling you to just uninstall.

But other than that, it's a pretty fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by irnub View Post
    league of legends is probably the best game for losing friends over. It has one of the most toxic and unfriendly playerbases I've ever encountered.

If you play with friends, be fully prepared for them to get frustrated and find excuses to quit playing with you. if you play with the general public, be fully prepared to see people yelling at you for reasons that make no sense and telling you to just uninstall.

But other than that, it's a pretty fun game.
    Yes and no. Its a very tense game where you have to rely on your team to perform at the same level as you. Most of the players are pretty harsh when people make big mistakes or dnt understand the game fully. This, if you cannot handle well, will lead to a bunch of quarrels over really stupid things and a lot of hate and blaming. But past that, if you have fun with it and you enjoy yourself and try to have others enjoy themselves too, it hapens way less. Note, im saying having fun, not trollig or having no intention of improving one's skill.

P.S. (to accepted) i have never come accross your friend, but can tell you he is in the lowest possible tier of rating, so if he wants to go pro, he needs to do A LOT of improving, not being mean about it -- we all start somewhere -- but im not sugar coating it either.

It's not that great, and it'll really just piss you off more than anything. Steer clear from it. I play it, and I hate it every day. It really just isn't all that fun, especially if you want to get serious about the game.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not that great, and it'll really just piss you off more than anything. Steer clear from it. I play it, and I hate it every day. It really just isn't all that fun, especially if you want to get serious about the game. If you're not worried about taking it seriously, then go ahead and play it. You'll be much better off that way, although other people will take it seriously in your place and lower the quality of your game play by doing so. It's just really impossible to have an extended good time while playing that game, sad to say. It's infested with the worst type of person. The company around the game does a ridiculously terrible job of balancing it as well, and they're really full on money hungry. Riot is seriously one of the worst game designers in existence, and I mean that with absolute sincerity. Remember, I play the game on a daily basis, so it's not like I full on hate the game and want to trash talk it. It's not like that at all. I play the game all the time rather seriously and the extremely moronic and baffling decisions that Riot does in terms of balance and design are absolutely mind boggling and horrendous. But seriously, play it, don't take it seriously, try to have fun and maybe you will, who knows. Be prepared for flamers and really pissed off people for practically zero reason, but if you can get past all of that, you should have a pretty good time when playing with friends.

- - - Updated - - -

ADISC is still a broken mess (much like League) so I can't edit my posts. Enjoy three posts back-to-back until they get their shit sorted and maybe someone will come bye and spruce my post up the way it's actually meant to be.

League is awesome, long learning curve. Been playing for over a year and still improving. Lots of fun with friends, buy yes some players can be quite toxic. Don't think that problem is exclusive to league however.

I've been playing LoL for about 2 years now and at the point where I play at least 2 games everyday. I will tell you that it takes A LOT of time to learn everything. Like others have said you will almost constantly run into toxic players but don't let them discourage you. There is a feature in game that lets you ignore toxic players and just report them at the end of the game. Do Not Let Toxic Players Ruin the Game For You. There will be games that you run into where you are just having the time of your life. A game where win or lose, just leaves you feeling great because you had fun.

There are a lot of champions in the game now that have different playstyles and just learning all the names and what skills they do will take some time. If you chose to start I highly recommend sticking to playing against bots and stay away from solo que for the time being. As mentioned before, watch some recent youtube videos or some pro streamers on Twitch. Go through the list of champions and pick some that appeal to you and do a little research on them.

league is pretty fun as long as you don't take it too seriously. If you're just starting out I would recommend going with some of the older and cheaper character like Annie or Ashe because as the game went on riot got more fancy with abilities and passives so they are harder to learn but don't be fooled the cheaper champions are still just as viable and just as fun and they don't carry the steep learning curve of their new counterparts. and with any game like this practice makes perfect the more you play the more you will get better especially with help from some online guides concerning item and mastery builds. Like others have said don't get discouraged the better you get at it the more fun you will have, just fyi I'm more than happy to play a game with you just message me for my league name.

I've been playing League for not quite three years and I think it's a spectacular game. I've had a wonderful time playing it and still play it pretty regularly.

For starting, I think it's actually good to play alone for a bit. Play the tutorial, play some games vs. bots (they recently added a new intro bots game mode that is perfect for people learning how the game works) and just try some of the free characters that interest you. I think the best way to get into the game is to find a character or two that you really like: could be their art, their abilities, their voicework, just something that really appeals to you. And then play them a bunch. Even if it's an expensive character, I think it's worthwhile to play someone that really appeals to you, instead of just playing the cheap characters that everyone recommends. Though, if you want to just experiment, many of the cheapest characters are just as good, if not better, than the new releases. Ryze, Ashe, and Annie, for example, are all competitively viable.

I'm also of the opinion that once you've got a few levels, you should try playing vs. other people and not just against computer opponents. The game has a pretty good matchmaking system and you're very likely to play against other new people of similar skill levels. Sometimes people might be rude, but you should just mute them and keep playing. I think you learn a lot more and can have a lot more fun playing against other people instead of only playing against bots. But, whenever you want to practice something new without worrying about being serious, bots are a great way to do that.

Lastly, after you've played a few games, I've got a smurf account that's only level 6, named StillDiapered on the NA servers, if you ever want to play together. I don't play it much (hence level 6), so PM me here if you ever want to set up a time to play together.