Thread: The mystery of the Bismarck ND dream

Default The mystery of the Bismarck ND dream

This isn't diaper talk, and you can move it if you like, this is just so baffling that I don't know where to put it, and It will get more views this way. Here is my post from the "Dreams" thread
    "I had a weird dream about the obscure North Dakotan Town of Bismarck. It started off with me in a beaten up coupe, maybe a Chrysler from the mid 2000's, snow was everywhere and it was very late at night, around 12-1am. I was driving and I had no radio, just static, the only music was a strange song with a very "cold" feel with no lyrics, I was also having intense flashbacks. I just kept driving and eventually passed the "Welcome To Bismarck" sign I was wearing a heavy brown, leather, winter jacket with workpants and heavy black winter boot, I was also wearing a pair of black leather fingerless gloves. As I drove into town I saw a few early 1990s ford broncos and a few 1980s Cadillac, I turned the corner to a cemetery behind a church, there was a Jeep in the parking lot. I got out of my car and walked to the back of the church and sat on a bench and just stared at this tombstone that said Janell Slack, Who is this, I don't know it just said this:

Jenell B. Slack
    1986-2000
    Loving mother
    Of two children"

This is the most baffling part of the dream, Janell as we will call her, there is only one janell slack in the USA, and she lives in Massachusetts, states away from North Dakota. It is odd because the MA Janell is still alive and works with composite materials, the ND Janell died In 2000, and was born in 1986, well after the MA Janell was born. What does the B stand for, that's where it gets tricky, B could stand for anything, benson, Brendan, Brock, and likely thousands more. What is with the really specific years, 1986 & 2000, those are years that don't get much press anymore, she would have died at 14, too young to mother any children.aside from that, what is with the cars, caddy's and broncos, two of the four cars featured in the dream, the other being a jeep in the cemetery parking lot and the Chrysler I was driving. This is where I will post four pieces of evidence, the cars.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	21688
    The Chrysler that I drove in my dream, the only difference being mine was a coup and a faded blue

Views:	51 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	21689
    The jeep, the difference was the one in my dream was yellow and had snow chains on the tires.

Views:	67 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	21690
    The bronco, the difference is that the dream bronco had snow chains edit:this is obviously a caddy, just look up bronco

Views:	67 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	21690
    The Cadillac from my dream, the only difference being that my dream car was beaten up

Sounds like a crazy dream. Are you looking for an interpretation?

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Sounds like a crazy dream. Are you looking for an interpretation?
    Yes, and does this have any simalarities to a movie, tv show or video game mission. Who the hell is Janell B. Slack.

The name was probably just random. The key things to look at are the cars, the church and the tombstone. I'm not a dream interpreter but it sounds like maybe you want to go back to your past but something in your past is no longer there. In your profile you mention Hot Wheels cars. Maybe there's something there. Members?
    Last edited by Scaramouche; 17-Aug-2014 at 05:07.

I"m curious. Is there a Bismark connection in your real life? I have reoccurring dreams about going home where I grew up. I'm always trying to find my childhood home. Most times I never find it, but get lost in some city. I have found it once or twice, but my parents are never there. In reality, they both died back in the 70s which is why they are never home in my dreams. Sometimes I dream I'm home, I'm a teenager and I'm briefly with one of my friends. That never lasts for very long, and we are soon separated. As hard as I try, I can't find him. In reality, I've lost contact with my friend and I wish I hadn't.

So your dream is probably reflective to something from your past, some longing or something unfulfilled. As for the random name, that is a mystery. In my novel, there is a chapter where the family all has prophetic dreams. We may soul travel in our dreams in which case, how wonderful when we return to our rightful bodies. Anyway....something to think about.

I have never been to Bismarck ND, it is really odd since everything had a "disconnected" feel, E.G the very outdated cars. Why would I be using a Chrysler coupe, it makes no sense since I have never owned a Chrysler, I've never even learned to drive, but since it's a small town, I can drive a farm tractor on country roads without out question. Why was there a jeep in the parking lot so late at night, and there were no houses anywhere near the church, and nobody in the cemetery at all. There were a few train tracks, and I even had to wait for a train, I waited next to a man wearing a Red Check Winter Shirt, the significance of this is unknown. I was the only person in the cemetery and I sat on wrought iron bench and starred at the mysterious Janell B. Slack's grave, who is this, that is the biggest question.