Thread: Can anyone figure out this sizing?

Default Can anyone figure out this sizing?

Hi,

I came across this preorder for a new brand of diapers a while back, but I can't for the life of me figure out what they're trying to say with the sizing.

http://www.rearz.ca/spoiled-rearz-diapers-p-870.html

Can any of you figure out what size diaper fits what size person?

Also, what are your thoughts on this?

I'm just going to self bump this because while it says I posted it 5 days ago, I haven't seen it register until now. Granted, I haven't logged in for a couple days, but I have a suspicion something went wrong with the system and it went unnoticed. I'll just leave it if no-one replies.

My guess is size 9, 33-42 waist and size 10, 38-52 waist. Size 8 not being made yet.

It is confusing though. I don't know what the other number is

It may be a max/min waist size
    30-24
    33-27
    38-32

3" of overlap between size 8 and 9, and 1" of overlap between sizes 9 and 10.
    though most people would put the lower number first.

mathematically speaking, the 2nd number is a very close ratio to the first number (0.8x) for all three sizes
    that led me to wonder if it refers to waist size and total diaper length

but they're too expensive :P

kinda looks like English is their 2nd or 3rd language. maybe a clue to the type product and service you can expect to receive from that source...just sayin'

And… What exactly about a foreign language being your primary language makes your service less reasonable? I mean… Besides when it comes to telecommunications… We all know that if you aren't dealing with someone who you speak the same language with… Or with the same dialect even… It doesn't really go well. But as for diapers… which are practically all made in China these days anyway… I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by babymt View Post
    My guess is size 9, 33-42 waist and size 10, 38-52 waist. Size 8 not being made yet.
    It is confusing though. I don't know what the other number is
    I think that what they are trying to convey, however I would contact them to clarify, especially at that price. It is odd that the sizing is so close together. The way they have the sizing listed could be some sort of coding error. I certainly wouldn't order unless I knew for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by incontinentGM24 View Post
    And… What exactly about a foreign language being your primary language makes your service less reasonable? I mean… Besides when it comes to telecommunications… We all know that if you aren't dealing with someone who you speak the same language with… Or with the same dialect even… It doesn't really go well. But as for diapers… which are practically all made in China these days anyway… I don't see it.
    Most diapers we buy aren't made in China.

Attends, Molicare, Absorin, Tena, Abena, Seni, Vlesia etc. are all 100% made in Europe, from resources to assembly. At least those we buy. Some also manufacture in China, but only for what they sell in China/Asia.

The most diapers are produced in Sweden, Denmark, Poland, France and Germany. Tena (SCA) is also the largest private owner of forest ground in Scandinavia, from which their plants in Sweden and Denmark produce the wood pulp and eventually, just like Attends, Molicare, Absorin, Abena, Seni and Vlesia, are produced in Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Netherlands, France, Germany, Switserland and Belgium.

i think it may actually be how wide the 'wings' are cause this is on the page for bags "Size 9: 33''*27'' fits to about 42" with 3" of overlap on each side" 33" might be 'wing' size and 27" may be tape landing area size?

I think the name 'Spoiled' was an interesting name for the product... Kinda gives off the impression of a factory second product. I hate that this company is encouraging people to pre-order and pay (a lot of) money when they haven't even put up a prototype photo yet. They have no real control over the arrival time of their shipment and there's always the chance that there could be a major manufacturing fault (eg. bambinos with upside down panels). They should be be encouraging interest and building hype via email and website etc, but not taking people's money for an unseen product which does not yet exist.