Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ohgoddamnit,people.

Default Ohgoddamnit,people.

Itseemsmyspacebarbrokeoff.Ineedtoknowhowtoputitbac kon.Seriously,Iamnotkeepingspaceonmypaste.

did the actual bar come off the keyboard or is it attached but not making space when you press it?

If it just fell off, you can try to press it back into the little clips that hold the bar to the switch underneath, as the keys are designed to come off. If the clip is broken, you might need some superglue.

if the bar is attached but doesn't work, it may be time for a new keyboard. Try it on another computer if one is available, to verify the keyboard is bad.

Well, I put the spacebar back on, but it takes the strength of both of my hands make a space. What else should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
    Well, I put the spacebar back on, but it takes the strength of both of my hands make a space. What else should I do?
    something isn't fitting right. Make sure the little metal spring thing is clipped all the way in on the bottom of the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Snap View Post
    something isn't fitting right. Make sure the little metal spring thing is clipped all the way in on the bottom of the key.
    What little metal spring thing?

This thread has served it's purpose. My spacebar is really wobbly, but it works great now.
    Last edited by Martin; 19-Jan-2009 at 10:03. Reason: merging doublepost, try the edit button the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
    This thread has served it's purpose. My spacebar is really wobbly, but it works great now.
    There is a thin metal wire, this isn't under the plastic catches you should see under the space bar. Other wise it's going to act like a seesaw.

If all fails, a new keyboard is relatively inexpensive.