Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burning Man ABDL Theme Camp

Pulluplover

Default Burning Man ABDL Theme Camp

There has been a ton of talk about freedom of expression, wearing in public(and how few venues are appropriate for that) and gatherings. Not to mention gaining more ABDL acceptance. I realize a handful here have been to Burning Man, myself not included, but I dont believe an ABDL themed community has ever been created specifically.

Think about, hanging out in Diapers and or dressed up for days with out being judged, showing others in an accepting environment what we are about...could be a lot of fun.

Some thoughts of what you could do, have public and private changing areas, Fury area, AB/DL lounge, diaper painting, AB activities, hand out free Diapers to those that have not worn before, trade in diapers(cant sell), singles lounge, call it the play pin and build a giant play pin......Man I could go on. Our rules would be simple, have to wear 24/7 as a member of the community, if you come in as a non-DL to check it out you have to at least try one of your choice on and where it in the community.

Would be a ton of work, but what an experience!

The biggest issue I see arising is one I heard from an AB on FurAffinity... She wanted to go to an AB meetup to regress and act like a toddler for a while, but when she got there everyone just wanted to hang around in diapers drinking beer and discussing football. Even if the guidelines say regression welcome, if the majority of people are going to be adults wearing diapers those who came to have "little" time are going to feel pressured to hold it in.

Which brings us to a decision: Is this a camp for DLs, or for ABs?

Pulluplover

It would be for both. But you can set up different areas. Could have the Playpin for age regression and say the padded lounge for just the DL side. To be honest I would mostly be on the DL side, but would definitely participate in the AB side a bid so I could sissy, age regress dress up comfortably. And maybe a 3rd area for Furs? Hell, I might try that as well!

So,

The question is...

How many abdl's goto burning man...?

I went back in the 90's a few times...last one I was at was 2002...

If there is enough interest I'm sure something could be done...

I think they capped the amount of people allowed to go now though and you need to get tickets in advance...this doesn't sound burning manesq...maybe it's just the way things are these days...

I'd even think about going again...if there was an Abdl area to play in...

It really does sound delightful and intriguing. The openness. The advocacy. The playfulness. The community effort. All amazing.

For me - I'd have a couple primary issues and one secondary one.

Primary 1 - confidentiality. What happens at burning man doesn't necessarily stay at burning man. Lots of stuff is videoed. Lots of cameras. I know people who've gone. As a private and professional person I have a ton to lose by having this part of my life become public. I wouldn't risk it at this point. Perhaps if I went into a different line or work or something I might be willing to entertain the idea but it just wouldn't fly among most of the people I associate.

Primary 2 - Family. It's a big commitment in terms of time and cost to go out there. I'd really love to some day and I've actually talked to my wife about it. But at this point, I just don't have the means to pull it off and especially with kids and a family. Wife has no desire to go melt in the heat for a week so it'd be just me but if I went, I'd want to bring diapers to trade/give, supplies for building, and tools, etc. I would want to take part fully. I'm just not in the stage of life where that can take place now.

Minor problem 1 - heat. Diapers and sand and hear and the desert aren't that compatible. Honestly. It Would be way more fun if it were held at a grassy field in 75-80 degree weather not a barren salt flat with 120 degree heat. That just is tough to be in wearing a diaper. Ugh. Not that appealing but I'd still do it (hence, secondary downer)

Anyways. Great idea though and I hope it happens

Yes,

Good points, I'm not sure about not getting on YouTube...

Back in the 90's even 02 it wasn't like everyone had a cell phone with a HD camcorder built in...

As for the heat...it also gets much cooler after dark...MUCH! Cooler...

As for making time...tis the reason I haven't been back in over ten years...albeit I have flown out there a few times for "emergency" reasons during the week...I still know people that go every year, and my ex is an artist so she knew a few of the regular artists as well...back in the early/mid 90's I was a young one still...

Pulluplover

It would be a huge commitment. I am not worried about being seen there or recorded. At home, yes. If something ended up on You Tube I guess I would ask for it to be taken down. A policy could also be set about photography in the ABDL community. This really does intrigue me as well. I too have a wife and kids, and its a HUGE under taking. Might have to be planned two years out or so?

You'll have to pack *all* of the dirty diapers out with you. Have fun with that.

Burning Man has a leave no trace policy AFIK. Plus the tickets are ungodly expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pulluplover View Post
    A policy could also be set about photography in the ABDL community. This really does intrigue me as well.
    You'd have to go trough the official channels for that and to just set the area up in general. However, going out there once a few weeks before the event and seeing the people running it. They'll given said space to some other group like a community of artists and such. You're better doing it at a furry con and opening it up to cubs and their caretakers. Less heat and can be in doors, not to mention you wont have to pack the diapers out as I said above.

Pulluplover

Maybe at one of the Nudist camps would be simpler, and not so hot. I like the idea of the outdoor exposure in an excepting location. And Burning Man does have its issues. Cannot vision doing this in a Hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by cm90210 View Post
    It really does sound delightful and intriguing. The openness. The advocacy. The playfulness. The community effort. All amazing.

For me - I'd have a couple primary issues and one secondary one.

Primary 1 - confidentiality. What happens at burning man doesn't necessarily stay at burning man. Lots of stuff is videoed. Lots of cameras. I know people who've gone. As a private and professional person I have a ton to lose by having this part of my life become public. I wouldn't risk it at this point. Perhaps if I went into a different line or work or something I might be willing to entertain the idea but it just wouldn't fly among most of the people I associate.

Minor problem 1 - heat. Diapers and sand and hear and the desert aren't that compatible. Honestly. It Would be way more fun if it were held at a grassy field in 75-80 degree weather not a barren salt flat with 120 degree heat. That just is tough to be in wearing a diaper. Ugh. Not that appealing but I'd still do it (hence, secondary downer)

Anyways. Great idea though and I hope it happens
    I went in 2001 and have looked for any photos of me and not found any.
    I wore a hat and sun glasses plus used a temporary hair dye just in case.

the heat
    I wore just a diaper and t-shirt so it was not that hot. plus many take a break during the hot part of the day as the real party takes place in the evening and last till about dawn.
    Though i am from the desert and wear year around anyway.
    and at night it can and does get cold.
    plus they had a unexpected 3 a.m. snow flurry in 2000.

The sand
    I did not find any sand just a fine dust.
    in everything.
    it took me a month to get it all out of my truck.
    http://sfist.com/2012/08/27/bay_area...urning_man.php