Thread: Rejected submission?!? lolwut

Default Rejected submission?!? lolwut

So I came across a funny little thing not too long ago. I was signing up for an RP community and I decided, 'what if I just wrote about myself and made /me/ my character?' So i wrote out my story, wrote my name in there -- my real name -- and filled everything out as myself. My submission was rejected accompanying an email that said something along the lines of this: Your submission has been rejected because the back-story of your character is too unrealistic and just overall too depressing to be desirable and the name needs to be re-worked. I USED MY REAL LIFE NAME AND STORY WTFFFFFFFF

Quote Originally Posted by Pianissima View Post
    So I came across a funny little thing not too long ago. I was signing up for an RP community and I decided, 'what if I just wrote about myself and made /me/ my character?' So i wrote out my story, wrote my name in there -- my real name -- and filled everything out as myself. My submission was rejected accompanying an email that said something along the lines of this: Your submission has been rejected because the back-story of your character is too unrealistic and just overall too depressing to be desirable and the name needs to be re-worked. I USED MY REAL LIFE NAME AND STORY WTFFFFFFFF
    Haha...sadly, if I did that regarding the last ten years of my life, it would have been rejected as too boring.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Haha...sadly, if I did that regarding the last ten years of my life, it would have been rejected as too boring.
    lol yeah. I jsut thought it was funny that my real name was rejected too lol. I knew the story would be probably rejected, but the name is what killed me lmao

Yeah, that sort of hurts. I actually hate my first name, so I guess I could understand their sentiments.

considering the entire thing is a roleplay site. them calling someones backstory unrealistic is a little weird don't thing don'tyou think

Quote Originally Posted by tai View Post
    considering the entire thing is a roleplay site. them calling someones backstory unrealistic is a little weird don't thing don'tyou think
    They're probably trying to avoid the cliche, "My family was killed in front of me at *insert young age here* and it traumatized me and I was the top of my class and everyone thought i was cool but I wouldn't talk to them because I knew I was different than them and that just made them think I was cooler" backstory.