Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting News Story - Walmart Runaway

Default Interesting News Story - Walmart Runaway

http://abcnews.go.com/US/runaway-boy...ry?id=24961900

Apparently a 14 year old was found hiding out in a Walmart earlier. He stayed in the store for over two days and the article reports he was found with hideouts/forts in stacks of paper towel packages and 'baby products'.

It also claimed that he wore diapers while in the store, to avoid using the restroom and being caught (perhaps that was the 'baby products' alluded to?) he even had a pet goldfish.
    Last edited by Dan09; 14-Aug-2014 at 08:52.

I always wondered what it would be like to make a fort and live in the toilet paper section of a store. With diapers, too? This kid was living the dream!

Hah, wow, yeah, that's pretty interesting. Can't say I'd want to do that myself, but I've sure thought about hiding away in a store. When I was much younger, I used to hide out in the t-shirt racks when going shopping with my parents, hehe. This kid must have been pretty dedicated to use baby diapers for a couple days. I bet his hideout smelled awful unless he was throwing them away... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    Hah, wow, yeah, that's pretty interesting. Can't say I'd want to do that myself, but I've sure thought about hiding away in a store. When I was much younger, I used to hide out in the t-shirt racks when going shopping with my parents, hehe. This kid must have been pretty dedicated to use baby diapers for a couple days. I bet his hideout smelled awful unless he was throwing them away... lol.
    Apparently the only reason they found him was because of a 'trail of trash' that the employees eventually noticed. Not sure if this included diapers (there was a image that showed size 6 Huggies and loose diapers across some blue jeans in one of his hideouts) but if it did...I'm not surprised he was found out.
    Last edited by Dan09; 14-Aug-2014 at 08:52.

I remember buying baby diapers at 14 and not having enough sense to get the size 6! I got size 4 with some size 5's thrown in there. If he is completely uneducated with this and figured out what diapers to wear, he's got a leg up on me intelligence-wise at that age haha.

Haha....I saw that news clip too and was amazed that he was hiding in the baby/diaper section and wearing diapers. The news said that he wore and used diapers so the cameras wouldn't catch him using the bathroom again and again. He also changed clothes frequently, stealing the clothes from the store so that he'd look like a different kid on camera. Still, I'm not buying the diaper bit. I think he enjoyed wearing them and I'll bet when he's home with his parents, they'll be hauling his butt to a shrink. My mom did when she found my diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Haha....I saw that news clip too and was amazed that he was hiding in the baby/diaper section and wearing diapers. The news said that he wore and used diapers so the cameras wouldn't catch him using the bathroom again and again. He also changed clothes frequently, stealing the clothes from the store so that he'd look like a different kid on camera. Still, I'm not buying the diaper bit. I think he enjoyed wearing them and I'll bet when he's home with his parents, they'll be hauling his butt to a shrink. My mom did when she found my diapers!
    I tend to agree with this.

Why, of all the many places inside a Walmart, did he pick the baby aisle to hide? Wouldn't it be smarter to pick a less trafficked area or something? If it were me...I'd hide on the perimeter of the store, maybe in the outdoor/sporting goods section or something. The fact that he hid where the diapers were says a lot.
    Last edited by Dan09; 14-Aug-2014 at 05:59.

Hiding in the baby stuff makes sense. Ask anyone who works at walmart as a stocker. If you're going to hide out in the store, do it in the baby department. It's usually the least monitored and the one that gets restocked the least often. It's high traffic for customers many of whom aren't going to pay attention to some random teen they see in that department.

Now the best part is that there was no reason for avoiding the bathrooms. Those 'cameras' that point at the restrooms? They actually don't and many of them are actually fakes. I know someone who works for Walmart and she showed me how to tell which are the fakes. Hint: Look for blinking LEDs and avoid the ones without them

Must have been a 24/7 Wal*Mart otherwise during closing hours he would have been caught at some point.
    Hard to imagine his getting away with it at all with all the cameras that Wal*Mart has - security must have been asleep.
    Wonder how many 'Goldielocks' items of clothing and diapers he had to try on to get it just right ?
    And then the Wal*Mart stockers what were they doing with all this scattered baby clothing and diapers ?????
    Just putting it back on the shelf and then the food issue ! All too brief of a story/event with missing elements.

The sequel is going to be fun reading if he escapes parental discipline measures - "I was a Wal*Mart diapered brat" !

I always dreamed of doing that, but never actually did.

Really hope he isn't in an abusive family and that's why he was trying to live at Wal-Mart tho.