Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: recommendations for a discreet diaper bag?

Default recommendations for a discreet diaper bag?

Any ideas on where to buy a discrete looking diaper/nappy bag? (If not in australia needs to be an online seller that ships to australia) all I have seen so far is baby style ones, which is not what im looking for. It needs to be able to pass as just an ordinary bag in public.
    I'll preempt the inevitable reply of just use a normal bag and say I need a water proof compartment which ive only seen in diaper bags. Im very absent minded and forget to replace plastic bags in my backpack and having that compartment seems like a great idea as a back up when out and about.
    Any hèlp would be greatly appreciated.

I work out alot so i can carry around a gym bag, you can also use a string bag.

It all depends on what you want to carry in it, and how much. Obviousely it's not a problem for girls because they can carry anything they want, but we are more limited in our options. I often see guys with what could be a laptop bag with room for other things, which may or may not actually contain a laptop. I've got one but never use it because I don't have a laptop anymore, just a tablet. But I got a more utilitarian-style Benini canvas purse from a second-hand store that doesn't look girly, that holds a spare diaper and a tiny bottle of powder, and has separate zippered pockets for my phone, wallet, ipod, etc. It works perfect for my needs while not arousing any curiosity.

I use a messenger bag as a dedicated diaper bag. Nothing too special. For now it's also my school bag, since I carry a binder and a notebook as well as my tablet, so there's still room for wipes and a few diapers. It has a dedicated laptop pocket which I almost never use, but if you're into that then you should search for one for more space to place items.

As for water proofing inside, I've never went out without some plastic bags. Just keep more than a few in your bag. What I do is when I need to restock items in the bag, I supply it with everything, even if it doesn't need replacement, I simply rotate stock, so to say. Lets me know exactly what I have in my bag at all times.

I would say go onto Etsy (hyperlinked) and find someone that makes custom backpacks and work it out with them. If you ever need anything specific, Etsy is the best place to go!

Use a backpack. Spray the inside with FlexSeal. Boom, water proof discreet bag.

I got a lunchbox bag from walmart that has a large zippered off area in the lid that works well for a spare diaper, bag, powder, etc. Mine's a can cooler. I had to look around quite a bit to find one with a separate large compartment in the lid. (I was replacing one I got a long time ago, a promo cooler from pfizer)

Like this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trai...liner/14313280

The one I found, the zipper for the upper compartment was a lot more subtle, and I removed the pull, so you have to be looking for it and WANT to open it to open it, there's no opening the lid area by accident. The top area isn't too much thicker than the insulated sidewalls so it doesn't really stick out as an extra missing area even when you unzip and open the main compartment.

I take this to work with me every day. I haven't had to change at work yet, but the powder's come in handy on several occasions. I carry the little "travel size" talc and cornstarch little white bottles, and refill them as needed from the more economical large ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Pianissima View Post
    I would say go onto Etsy (hyperlinked) and find someone that makes custom backpacks and work it out with them. If you ever need anything specific, Etsy is the best place to go!
    Awesome. Looks like i should be able to find something suitable there. Thanks for the tip mate.

Quote Originally Posted by nick85 View Post
    Any ideas on where to buy a discrete looking diaper/nappy bag? (If not in australia needs to be an online seller that ships to australia) all I have seen so far is baby style ones, which is not what im looking for. It needs to be able to pass as just an ordinary bag in public.
    I'll preempt the inevitable reply of just use a normal bag and say I need a water proof compartment which ive only seen in diaper bags. Im very absent minded and forget to replace plastic bags in my backpack and having that compartment seems like a great idea as a back up when out and about.
    Any hèlp would be greatly appreciated.
    I have this one http://www.amazon.com/McKenzie-Kids-...productDetails works great holds a lot of diapers. The changing pad is to small for me. But the bag works great. Comes with a lot of stuff too. It looks more like a duffed bag than a diaper bag.

Woot had FILA diaper bag knapsacks a while back. I had to buy one. Looks like a small knapsack (mine's black) but it has an insulated bottle pocket, a place for wipes, etc...