Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online dating

Default Online dating

I wanted to ask the members on this site if anyone have any luck with online dating. I've more or less given up on finding anyone near me.

I've had moderate success. You never know with online dating until you meet the person in public. Talking on a website and telling them about yourself is totally different than meeting in person and describing yourself again.

It depends on the woman/man.. and until you meet in person.. I wouldn't expect anything. Sometimes it is truly better to meet someone at a bar.. In my opinion.

My husband and I never drink, so I am glad we did online dating. We would never have met over 800 miles apart otherwise. I joined a site through the church I attend, so it was pretty easy to find a man with the same values I have. It was also really nice that we both homeschool our children and we both lived on a farm. Neither of us smoked or drank and we already had a church to attend together. It has worked out beyond my wildest dreams. I enjoy having space between myself and my family. He is eating more vegetables (I am vegetarian) and dressing in a suit and tie for church.

So after we started sending messages back and forth on the dating site he kept asking for my phone number. I had not paid for my membership, but after a couple of months I paid and got his number. I was only a paid member for one month. We met in person about six months after I joined the site. He asked me to marry him the day we met.

Pulluplover

I met my wife online. The majority of couples meet online today. Before too long it will be 80%++

That's pretty cool! To meet and him ask you to marry him the same day you met in person! Meant to be! That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinating View Post
    My husband and I never drink, so I am glad we did online dating. We would never have met over 800 miles apart otherwise. I joined a site through the church I attend, so it was pretty easy to find a man with the same values I have. It was also really nice that we both homeschool our children and we both lived on a farm. Neither of us smoked or drank and we already had a church to attend together. It has worked out beyond my wildest dreams. I enjoy having space between myself and my family. He is eating more vegetables (I am vegetarian) and dressing in a suit and tie for church.

So after we started sending messages back and forth on the dating site he kept asking for my phone number. I had not paid for my membership, but after a couple of months I paid and got his number. I was only a paid member for one month. We met in person about six months after I joined the site. He asked me to marry him the day we met.

I use the internet for a lot of things. I got my job from there, reconnected with my boyfriend there, met my girlfriend there, a lot of dates there.

I did not do the bar thing, and my church was not a good source, so I went on to E-harmony. (shameless advertisement)

In 2 months I was introduced to 138 women and communicated with 30 of them. I meet my wife on 4-27 and proposed to her on 5-28.

It was the best $100 I ever spent. We will be celebrating out 10 wedding anniversary this October.

P.S. My mother always told me it is for "losers", but it is anything but that. On line dating is for people that are to damn busy with careers, and do not go where the perfect mate probably wound not be unless there friend drags them there.

I'm personally on some dating websites but i get super tired of them, I always feel like after reading their profile that I don't have anything to try and ask them about themselves because they just told it to me. I was actually thinking of building an online dating/social site that would combat that problem. Cant say the details though.

I liked the personality profiles offered but honestly do not think they influenced my choice at all. What I did use were the filters that let me narrow down distance, and remove all drinkers and smokers. I think I used age and education a little as well. From there it was mostly just find someone and hit it off. He matches me perfectly in everything except he is 10+ years older, but since his son and my daughters are less than a year apart, it really does not matter very much. We have a great blended family.

I really liked him a lot and told him so before we ever met. He said he wanted to wait and meet me before making any commitment. Once he found out I really did match my picture, he was ready to make it permanent.

Met the love of my life and soul mate on POF......although we don't admit that to many people.