Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is god to you?

Reword

Default Who is god to you?

I curious to see the views of the members of this community on who the big guy upstairs is. I love theology and have taken multiple courses these past few years. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

To put it simply, the creator of everything. The heavens and the earth, the entire universe. I find that "life" in general is too extraordinary to have just come to be by "chance" as would be explained with evolution. I look at the world and wonder how could a greater power not be at work here?

Tremer

we are god, we praise our selves and better ourself we are the creator of everything, Creative minds....

Tremer

Quote Originally Posted by starrunner View Post
    To me, god is a fictional character.
    i agree with you

Smile

To me, god doesn't exist... unless you define it that way!

Humpty Dumpty explains the concept of "un-birthdays" to Alice:

‘...and that shows that there are three hundred and sixty-four days when you might get un-birthday presents —’
    ‘Certainly,’ said Alice.
    ‘And only one for birthday presents, you know. There’s glory for you!’
    ‘I don’t know what you mean by “glory”,’ Alice said.
    Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. ‘Of course you don’t — till I tell you. I meant “there’s a nice knock-down argument for you!”’
    ‘But “glory” doesn’t mean “a nice knock-down argument”,’ Alice objected.
    ‘When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’
    ‘The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’
    ‘The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master — that’s all.’
    So... "god" is just whatever people choose it to mean! To me, it's just a "tool" people use to project their own ideologies onto the world. God was built in our image.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas View Post
    I find that "life" in general is too extraordinary to have just come to be by "chance" as would be explained with evolution. I look at the world and wonder how could a greater power not be at work here?
    If you think evolution is too impressive to exist by chance, isn't it more incredible that a god exists by chance...?

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    If you think evolution is too impressive to exist by chance, isn't it more incredible that a god exists by chance...?
    Not really, the odds of God existing are much better than the odds of intelligent life happening as perfectly as it did, through the theory of evolution. I guess I just find it harder to believe that out of the entire known universe so far, ours is the only one able to sustain life or actually has life on it. It's just too perfect for everything to have happened the way it did without a greater power helping out so to speak.

But I guess we will see who is right and who is wrong eventually right? But by then it won't matter. So I see no sense in arguing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reword View Post
    I curious to see the views of the members of this community on who the big guy upstairs is
    Hold on I'll just give him a call to find out. >.<

The joking / funny answer is my cat. But my serious answer is the Christian deity. Bland and cliche, I know.