Thread: Dream about being punished for my ABDLism resulted in an oddly beautiful poem.

Lightbulb Dream about being punished for my ABDLism resulted in an oddly beautiful poem.

I just woke up not an hour ago. I had a very odd dream where I was found out as an ABDL, and was subsequently institutionalized. I was put in a room alone with a bed and tons of boring toys, like bored games (only one player) and cars, etc. Every time I asked the woman (the only one who actually talked to me) to leave, she said that it wasn't my choice, and I had plenty of things to do in the room.

I got so bored that I wrote this poem. When the woman found out, she kept going on about "See! I told you that being kept in there was good for you! Look how creative you were forced to be!" I blushed, knowing she was right.

Then I woke up, and stayed laying down, focusing all my thoughts on not forgetting the dream or the poem.

Here is the poem itself.

The dream itself tells me a lot about how I view myself and my ABDLism, and the poem talks about societies reaction to unwanted novelty.

What are your thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyHugs View Post
    I just woke up not an hour ago. I had a very odd dream where I was found out as an ABDL, and was subsequently institutionalized. I was put in a room alone with a bed and tons of boring toys, like bored games (only one player) and cars, etc. Every time I asked the woman (the only one who actually talked to me) to leave, she said that it wasn't my choice, and I had plenty of things to do in the room.

I got so bored that I wrote this poem. When the woman found out, she kept going on about "See! I told you that being kept in there was good for you! Look how creative you were forced to be!" I blushed, knowing she was right.

Then I woke up, and stayed laying down, focusing all my thoughts on not forgetting the dream or the poem.

Here is the poem itself.

The dream itself tells me a lot about how I view myself and my ABDLism, and the poem talks about societies reaction to unwanted novelty.

What are your thoughts on this?
    I read your poem and enjoyed it very much sir! I'm curious though, surely you didn't think of this poem whilst you were actually dreaming? Perhaps even just the rough idea and inspiration enabled you to write it after you woke up? Because if so, I find that quite marvellous! I don't recall ever having a dream so vivid as to produce a clear paragraph of text (if I ever have, there wouldn't be hope of remembering it), and not only that but it is indeed - as you mentioned - a creative and interesting piece of writing. Are your dreams normally so vivid and clear?

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingBlueWolf View Post
    I read your poem and enjoyed it very much sir! I'm curious though, surely you didn't think of this poem whilst you were actually dreaming? Perhaps even just the rough idea and inspiration enabled you to write it after you woke up? Because if so, I find that quite marvellous! I don't recall ever having a dream so vivid as to produce a clear paragraph of text (if I ever have, there wouldn't be hope of remembering it), and not only that but it is indeed - as you mentioned - a creative and interesting piece of writing. Are your dreams normally so vivid and clear?
    The first paragraph was completely vivid in the dream, the second paragraph was merely a firm idea with strong imagery. The rest I filled in as I wrote it from the vague ideas I had of the poem in the dream. (In fact, in the dream, I hadn't finished the poem yet!) I was still in that sleepy and creative frame of mind, so it flowed more or less naturally, save figuring out a few rhymes.

I usually don't have such vivid dreams. Or rather, I do, but I never put much effort towards remembering them. Did you know that you dream almost constantly throughout the night? The only chance you have to remember them though is if you wake up in the middle of it. And if you forget something entirely, it's like it never happened, so you assume you don't dream at all usually! The reason for this is that the unconscious mind doesn't handle memory in the same way as the conscious one. In order for you to consciously remember a dream, you have to fight to transfer whatever fragments were being processed at the time into your conscious memory. The reason this one was so vivid is because I tried so hard to remember it.

Oh, by the way, thank you!

The first paragraph was completely vivid in the dream, the second paragraph was merely a firm idea with strong imagery. The rest I filled in as I wrote it from the vague ideas I had of the poem in the dream. (In fact, in the dream, I hadn't finished the poem yet!) I was still in that sleepy and creative frame of mind, so it flowed more or less naturally, save figuring out a few rhymes.

I usually don't have such vivid dreams. Or rather, I do, but I never put much effort towards remembering them. Did you know that you dream almost constantly throughout the night? The only chance you have to remember them though is if you wake up in the middle of it. And if you forget something entirely, it's like it never happened, so you assume you don't dream at all usually! The reason for this is that the unconscious mind doesn't handle memory in the same way as the conscious one. In order for you to consciously remember a dream, you have to fight to transfer whatever fragments were being processed at the time into your conscious memory. The reason this one was so vivid is because I tried so hard to remember it.

Oh, by the way, thank you!
    You're very welcome. ^^ I have to say, while it's been a while since I looked up on this stuff so my memory may be a little hazy, but I think I've heard differently in regards to how much you dream during the night. Is it not just the so-called REM sleep that you're able to dream in?

Yeah, REM sleep happens in bursts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sleep_graph1.gif 
Views:	63 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	21632

When I was in college, I'd often wake up in the middle of the night and start writing a poem. It's weird how the mind works. Typically, I'd finish it the next day. The last poem I wrote, I thought of the first four lines while eating lunch at work. I went to a computer lab and wrote it out along with a few more lines. When I got home from work I was able to finish it.

What do you know about Writer'sCafe? I'm self published, but I'd love to have a publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    When I was in college, I'd often wake up in the middle of the night and start writing a poem. It's weird how the mind works. Typically, I'd finish it the next day. The last poem I wrote, I thought of the first four lines while eating lunch at work. I went to a computer lab and wrote it out along with a few more lines. When I got home from work I was able to finish it.

What do you know about Writer'sCafe? I'm self published, but I'd love to have a publisher.
    Literally nothing other than you can post stuff you write to it. I searched "where to host poetry online" and it was one of the top results. Wish I could find my old poetry and put it there...

Literally nothing other than you can post stuff you write to it. I searched "where to host poetry online" and it was one of the top results. Wish I could find my old poetry and put it there...
    Yeah, I kept all of the poetry I wrote as a college student. Many years later I put the best of them to Word, saved and printed. I'd like to be able to write more poetry and publish both sets, sort of a Songs of Innocence and Experience.

Hey, that was a really enjoyable poem :0! I usually don't "get" poems, but this one is pretty awesome.

I often have vivid dreams, too. Usually I get comic ideas from them!