Thread: What would be an ideal evening with a caretaker?

Default What would be an ideal evening with a caretaker?

My husband is my little, and he really likes to me to take initiative. The thing is, I don't have a lot of ideas. My main thing is: put him in a diaper and a cute little shirt that is too small and/or his short alls, then watch a kid movie or Clone Wars or something, give him a coloring book, blanket and plushie. Possibly some dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets and tater tots. I'll sit on the couch with my lap top and keep an eye on him.

I'd like to mix up the activities, so I'd like to hear about some ideal evenings for you guys that are reasonable to carry out...
    Thank you so much!

Have you played "Chutes and Ladders" or other age appropriate games? Maybe he needs to be fed? What about other little toys like blocks and shape sorters?

His little seems to be in the 5-7 range. But that's a good idea! I can look for some 80s-90s board games at estate sales! I was in toys r us today, and the games just aren't the same.

I know what you mean although I'm surprised that there wasn't a good selection of games. Usually 5-7 year olds start getting interested in Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the like. Action figures maybe?

I was with my grandchildren this weekend and they were watching a Sponge Bob DVD and playing with the Sponge Bob play set. You can get it at Toys R Us.

If your husband is really a "little," you might want to invest in kiddie-looking shirts that are his size instead of ones that are too small for him. You can always use iron-on kids' appliques on a plain adult shirt, maybe in a color that adult men don't usually wear like baby blue or hunter's green. There are also sites that sell adult baby/littles clothing like dinosaur t-shirts. The admin of the blog Toddlerism is also a little and knows a lot of good places to buy those kinds of things.

You're on the right track with the shaped chicken nuggets and tater tots! I can think of a lot of other foods kids that age would like: Shaped macaroni-and-cheese, chicken-and-stars soup, applesauce, Spaghetti-Os, Grilled Cheese sandwiches, Goldfish or Whales crackers, Teddy Grams... real kids can't handle many complex tastes, so simple foods like those are better meal-wise. If you can find DunkARoos snacks (they're still around!) get them, because they're one of the few foods that's made to be "played" with. (Don't forget the Juicy Juice, a staple for 80s and 90s kids.)

I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say board games aren't the same. The artwork has been updated for many of them but the gameplay has not. Snakes and Ladders is still around, as well as kid classics like Trouble, Connect 4 (my grade 1 favorite), Hungry Hungry Hippos, and of course picture puzzles haven't changed. Cootie and other games by the company like Break the Ice, I believe, use the same pieces as they did 20 years ago.

It might be a good start for a play night if you gave him a toy as a wrapped present, maybe an action figure or a small playset. You mentioned Clone Wars: why not get some Star Wars action figures?

If it's possible, you could even give him character bedsheets and blankets. Some brands carry kids' themed sheets in Queen and even King sized, so shop around for those.

I guess what I meant about the games being different is that they all seem to have extra themes, like no plain candy land, it's princess candy land. The chutes and ladders had a hulk theme. He would be an 80s little, so it just doesn't seem quite right. Picked up Sorry though. Dunk a Roos is a great idea! And juice boxes! How could I forget about those?

And oh yes, Star Wars stuff! It's a little unclear whether that is for little him or just him. It's going to be extra fun this Christmas!

Okay, the too small shirts....I just think he looks extra adorable in a bellisimo diaper and a cat bug shirt that's too short. Maybe I'll get some shirts that fit

Thanks for the ideas everyone!

There is still a normal version of CandyLand out, they've just put the game's famous princesses on the cover because they now have a "Monster High" type look which all the little girls love right now. It's a marketing trick that's probably backfiring with sales since boys like Candyland too! It still has a gender neutral board with pieces for both boys and girls.