Thread: School

Rena

Default School

Hi everyone, I have severe urinary IC and occasional fecal IC. I've been attending high school at a special school for those with mild physical disabilities (that don't require a caregiver) or depression/anxiety. Sometimes I am the only person in the classroom, and there's never more than five or so students. Those with physical disabilities tend to stay in my classroom and those with depression/anxiety tend to stay in the other. This isn't enforced by the teachers or anything, it just happened (and I definitely can't complain, the other class is always much louder). Due to the low number of students and the ability to come and go as I please, no one has ever said anything about my IC (if anyone even knows about it) and it has never been a problem. However, for my senior year I'll be attending a normal high school as my current school is lacking in extracurricular and specialty courses. I'll also be going to school with my boyfriend for the first time. He knows I wear but does not know about my IC. So far I have only told two friends (luckily they're both wonderful and completely understanding).

So I have a few things I need advice on. What (disposable) diaper should I wear to school? I have some PUL pants that I almost always wear (over disposables, I don't do cloth), should I wear those? Should I tell my boyfriend about my IC? Should I tell the school administration and my teachers? How would I go about doing that? When and where should I change? Classes are 80 minutes long and there are four classes per day. Lunch is between periods 2 and 3, and there's also some sort of recess thing between periods 1 and 2. Sorry for asking so many questions but I'm really scared and don't know what to do.

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Rena View Post
    Hi everyone, I have severe urinary IC and occasional fecal IC. I've been attending high school at a special school for those with mild physical disabilities (that don't require a caregiver) or depression/anxiety. Sometimes I am the only person in the classroom, and there's never more than five or so students. Those with physical disabilities tend to stay in my classroom and those with depression/anxiety tend to stay in the other. This isn't enforced by the teachers or anything, it just happened (and I definitely can't complain, the other class is always much louder). Due to the low number of students and the ability to come and go as I please, no one has ever said anything about my IC (if anyone even knows about it) and it has never been a problem. However, for my senior year I'll be attending a normal high school as my current school is lacking in extracurricular and specialty courses. I'll also be going to school with my boyfriend for the first time. He knows I wear but does not know about my IC. So far I have only told two friends (luckily they're both wonderful and completely understanding).

So I have a few things I need advice on. What (disposable) diaper should I wear to school? I have some PUL pants that I almost always wear (over disposables, I don't do cloth), should I wear those? Should I tell my boyfriend about my IC? Should I tell the school administration and my teachers? How would I go about doing that? When and where should I change? Classes are 80 minutes long and there are four classes per day. Lunch is between periods 2 and 3, and there's also some sort of recess thing between periods 1 and 2. Sorry for asking so many questions but I'm really scared and don't know what to do.

Thanks everyone!
    If your boyfriend is a "keeper", it's best to be honest and tell him. If he cannot handle that, it's HIS loss.

Unfortunately, it seems you have no option but to wear, and so I guess you just have to go with the most discrete options possible. Also if you're able to, choose clothing that provides a good cover for what's underneath. Being IC you must already have strategies like these anyway. As far as school goes, your teachers should probably be aware (how aware is up to you) then they can be discrete about giving you a little freedom for changing etc.
    I wish you luck....I don't think I gave you anything new, as far a the bf goes....why does he think you wear now? If you told him it's for comfort or pleasure and he accepts that, surely he'd accept your medical need. Remember the way you 'need', not choose, to toilet, doesn't define who you are.