Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Diaper fitting issue?

  1. #1

    Question Diaper fitting issue?

    So I just got up enough bravery to diaper myself for the first time. I've not worn a diaper since I was a baby, though I DO know how to put one on.

    I bought a large sample pack of the Bambino Bellissimo diapers, figuring they would fit me in the waist, since that's the measurement they use. My problem is THIS:

    I am a VERY wide-hipped woman. Like 'honey, my hips are shelves in a brick house' wide-hipped. So the diapers don't really fit my hips too well. Hello Kitty duct tape solved THAT problem when the tabs wouldn't stay, but I had to fold the sides in a lot so that the diaper fit my waist properly without leaving a gap big enough to put a kangaroo joey inside.

    Did I do something wrong? I put the diaper on myself just like I remember doing for my little sister when she was a baby, and my grandma when she was bedridden and dying.

    Do I need to move up to the X-large size (When Bambino ever gets the sample packs of them in stock) and just fold the waist in so it'll fit my hips?

    I like how this diaper feels on me, I just don't really like having to use my pretty pink Hello Kitty duct tape to make it stay on me properly thanks to my gigantic hips and much smaller waist. What can I do to make it better?

    Also, I can't really get anyone to help me. I live in a place where stuff like this is only for old people and babies, not a DL, and I DON'T want my parents to find out. I'm not comfortable with it, so I can't go up to someone and ask 'hey, do I have this diaper on right?' no matter how much it would help.

  2. #2

    Default

    I would refer to this if you need help with sizing, may not match the diaper of your choice but this will give you a clue on what size you may actually need.

    http://www.xpmedical.com/sizing.html

    Everyone messes up their first time so there's no reason to feel bad. I know I was when I first messed up.

    You could upgrade to X-large but I wouldn't see why you would need to a bellissimo is a thick diaper and is large on the outside it's not the padding that matters it's the plastic as well that stretches. <I realized my mistake argh!!!>

    It's different from diapering yourself to someone else diapering yourself and if you need a little extra help diapering yourself then this link is perfect for you because I had a little trouble but thanks to this article it helped me out.

    http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthrea...ut-On-a-Diaper

    This article is really useful and sometimes it can all depend how you put it on and if it's correct, then the size you thought of is different than you originally think.

    Also the tape you were mentioning I ahh the plastic on Bellissimo's I think (Never tried them) I don't know how that would work because tape can tear through plastic after so much force is given but if you tried it then I think you did nothing wrong. You may have ordered the wrong size diaper, lots of people have done this before so your not the only one.

    Also, there are plenty of members here that would love to give you advice and assistance but no explicit stuff ^^
    Last edited by Snivy; 08-Aug-2014 at 03:58. Reason: -_- Made a mistake :p

  3. #3

    Default

    Ummm


    Quote Originally Posted by me
    I bought a large sample pack of the Bambino Bellissimo diapers, figuring they would fit me in the waist, since that's the measurement they use.
    I did buy a sample pack. In size large. Sorry if that was confusing. ^^;

    And I do really understand how to diaper myself, I think. I have seen that thread, which is one reason I joined the site, because it seems I did everything right, but stuff still isn't quite fitting how it should.

    As for the sizing chart, that kind of says I DO need to go up to an X-large because of the HIP issue. My hips are huge, as I said originally, but my waist is small. I'm asking what to do about that to make sure it fits in both the hips AND the waist, and if an X-large might solve the issue so I don't have to use duct tape to MAKE things fit.

    Thank you for posting, though. ^_^

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Default

    Oh no, you've not! I didn't know about that fitting thing you posted. I thought you just went by the waist-size only, not whichever was bigger between hip and waist. That was really helpful. That answered one of my questions, actually. Sorry I didn't actually say that, I was in the process of finding a flashlight on my desk so was semi-distracted. It just shows that I may actually need to go up to the X-large size so my big dumb hips will fit. I just still don't know what to do about the waist thing.

  6. #6

    Default

    Besides what Snivy has already said... don't be disappointed for it's just been your first time. You didn't do anything wrong probably. It simply takes a bit of practice for getting used to do it right by yourself. Especially since you're used to see it in the reversed perspective it might be a bit tricky at first. ;)

    Anyway, that might also explain if you got the wrong size, or not at all maybe too. I guess you're used to grab the right size regarding the measurement of someone's hips and waist. So it could've also been bad luck and as always those little things take some practice to master them.

    What might be helpful in general would be to know your hip and waist size. I mean how much difference is between them? Even if you'd have more than 30cm/12inches it should work fine with the upper and lower tapes to fit them comfortably. But if they barely fit you around your hips you might need a bigger size, but mind you the Bambino are a bit smaller in contrast to other diapers.

    By the way, having "some" hips is a nice advantage. Diapers just tend to slide down way less. ^_-

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by daLira View Post
    Besides what Snivy has already said... don't be disappointed for it's just been your first time. You didn't do anything wrong probably. It simply takes a bit of practice for getting used to do it right by yourself. Especially since you're used to see it in the reversed perspective it might be a bit tricky at first.

    Anyway, that might also explain if you got the wrong size, or not at all maybe too. I guess you're used to grab the right size regarding the measurement of someone's hips and waist. So it could've also been bad luck and as always those little things take some practice to master them.

    What might be helpful in general would be to know your hip and waist size. I mean how much difference is between them? Even if you'd have more than 30cm/12inches it should work fine with the upper and lower tapes to fit them comfortably. But if they barely fit you around your hips you might need a bigger size, but mind you the Bambino are a bit smaller in contrast to other diapers.

    By the way, having "some" hips is a nice advantage. Diapers just tend to slide down way less. ^_-
    Well, I can give you my waist and hip size, though it's a bit embarrassing. ^^;
    Hip circumference: 52 inches. (Yes. I know. I am gigantic and I can't lose weight there, my hipbones jut out NOW)
    Waist circumference: 38 inches.
    I'm very, VERY hourglass shaped down below. I thought a Large would fit me, though, because I was sizing up for the sake of my hips anyway, and with a waist measurement that said it fit 44 to 58 inches, I thought I'd be all set. I was wrong. Maybe it is just because I had a hard time, but the tapes really WOULDN'T stay closed.

    And guess thanks for the encouragement about having hips? I get a lot of flak about having big hips and no butt. I can't help that I'm built like a Lord of the Rings dwarf, like someone so nicely put it to me once. :/

  8. #8

    Default

    While I can't offer any specific advice, I know I too had trouble with Bambinos. I have approximately 51'' hips and 42'' waist, and ordered the large-size sample pack. Perhaps I wasn't putting it on right - it was my first time with a tape-on diaper - but no matter how tight I tried pulling the tapes, it was just too loose on me. I only ended up wearing one of the two, because besides the size problem the plastic backing made my behind extremely sweaty.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Yuni View Post
    Well, I can give you my waist and hip size, though it's a bit embarrassing. ^^;
    Hip circumference: 52 inches. (Yes. I know. I am gigantic and I can't lose weight there, my hipbones jut out NOW)
    Waist circumference: 38 inches.
    I'm very, VERY hourglass shaped down below. I thought a Large would fit me, though, because I was sizing up for the sake of my hips anyway, and with a waist measurement that said it fit 44 to 58 inches, I thought I'd be all set. I was wrong. :( Maybe it is just because I had a hard time, but the tapes really WOULDN'T stay closed.

    And guess thanks for the encouragement about having hips? I get a lot of flak about having big hips and no butt. I can't help that I'm built like a Lord of the Rings dwarf, like someone so nicely put it to me once. :/
    That would hardly match a dwarf. ;) Besides that there are none anyway, Dwarves just spring out of holes in the ground! Or has this been a disbelief since they are so alike in voice and appearance (no hourglas shape), that they are often mistaken for dwarf men. Also don't forget about the beards!

    Well seriously, large should fit and every brand I could find actually. Is there an gap actually, so that you cannot use the tapes? If not, maybe try not to stretch them all too much, except the upper ones for your waist. Just tape them with an ~30 angle downwards to the middle.
    If nothing works in the end you might try x large, but they will be a lot bigger I guess (if the difference is as big from medium to large).

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by daLira View Post
    That would hardly match a dwarf. Besides that there are none anyway, Dwarves just spring out of holes in the ground! Or has this been a disbelief since they are so alike in voice and appearance (no hourglas shape), that they are often mistaken for dwarf men. Also don't forget about the beards!

    Well seriously, large should fit and every brand I could find actually. Is there an gap actually, so that you cannot use the tapes? If not, maybe try not to stretch them all too much, except the upper ones for your waist. Just tape them with an ~30 angle downwards to the middle.
    If nothing works in the end you might try x large, but they will be a lot bigger I guess (if the difference is as big from medium to large).
    I've often felt that my fiancee and I are simply exceptionally tall dwarves. There's the tendency to head-butt anything, affinity for axes and large shields, General round, stocky, and muscular builds, red to blond hair, and propensity to consume large quantities of beer, cheese, bread, and red meat, for hours upon end whilst chanting rhythmically and laughing heartily. Of course, that could just be our shared Bavarian ancestry. Xd

Similar Threads

  1. Bambino Diaper Fitting Questions?
    By SilverSurfer in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-Nov-2012, 18:23
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 20-Apr-2011, 01:37
  3. Proper Fitting Of A Diaper
    By NikonFilmPhotog in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 13-Sep-2009, 20:06
  4. diaper fitting
    By megaman in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-Jul-2009, 01:57
  5. Diaper fitting
    By Cosmos in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 16-Aug-2008, 10:37

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.