Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: liquid food diet?

Default liquid food diet?

Hi everyone.
    I want to blend all my food, and try drink a liquid diet for a while to try it.
    I want to try real home made baby food.
    I'm (turning) vegan, and don't eat nuts either. or extra sugar. I eat everything organic too
    I'd like to know what you guys think about it.
    advice, opinions, experience with it, etc.
    I think this should regulate my bowels as well
    I'm sure there's added health benefits, such as being properly hydrated all the time, quicker digestion, etc.

Edit;
    I've been having some strange psychological problem with eating food recently, I'm getting too skinny, liquid food will make it much easier for me to eat all the food I need to, with all the nutrition I need.
    Last edited by Mazza; 07-Aug-2014 at 02:49.

It's alot cheaper to buy baby food rather then blend, mix and spend more when you can buy your own flavor and decide what you like rather than make the stuff, tasting it, and realizing ":p I don't like this" If your vegan then there are baby foods such as apples and banana's but if you insist on making baby food then try this link.

http://www.parents.com/blogs/high-ch...-fruit-purees/

If you want to try this for example, then go for it because it's healthy and organic I use it for my neice and she loves it.

Applesauce
    Vitamins: A, C, Folate
    Directions:

-Peel, core and cut apple into slices/chunks
    -Place slices or chunks into a pan with just enough water to slightly cover apples and boil/steam until tender; be sure to check on the water level and stir
    -Apples may be mashed with a potato masher to achieve a smooth applesauce consistency. If your masher will not achieve a puree type of consistency, then follow steps below:
    -Reserve any left over water to use for thinning out the apples
    -Place into your choice of appliance for pureeing and begin pureeing.
    -Add the reserved water as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin puree - add cereal and serve. ^^ I always love this one.

There are other kinds and maybe if you have the one taste you love then I'd go for it but in the near future if you don't like it there is always healthy $1.00 Baby food on the market (Depends on where you live ^^)

-Maybe I set the wrong example and as Dogboy quotes you will eventually grow out of it, That IS possible and there are other kinds of dieting foods you can try Fruity Smoothies and here's a link to get you started.

http://www.prevention.com/weight-los...es-weight-loss
    Last edited by Snivy; 07-Aug-2014 at 04:05.

I think you'll grow tired of it. You just need to find food you enjoy eating. I enjoy cooking out on the grill, which is a good beginning place for meat. If you need to gain weight, pasta works well. Always eat a well balanced diet however.

I wanted to ddo that too(to loose weight)... But with no chance, I'm a foodie, any food that looks good I'll definitely try it... Gah... Sucks to be me... I'm afraid I might not be able to fit in the cloth diaper I just ordered><

I'd say to start with smoothies and health drinks! It's actually much cheaper to blend your own food than buy pre-made baby food (at least where I live) and baby food is actually less healthy, too.
    If you're not a picky eater you can easily grow accustomed to this kind of food making, and learn to adjust the taste until it's perfect. Added bonus; you can drink your food from baby bottle, if it's liquid enough lol

Try to puree your favourite foods first, just regular stuff you would eat anyway and go from there?

For a vegan, nuts are more important than grains. Lots of heavy greens. Good fruit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I'm (turning) vegan, and don't eat nuts either. or extra sugar. I eat everything organic too
    I'm sure there's added health benefits, such as being properly hydrated all the time, quicker digestion, etc.

Edit;
    I've been having some strange psychological problem with eating food recently, I'm getting too skinny, liquid food will make it much easier for me to eat all the food I need to, with all the nutrition I need.

Personally I'm a BIG BELIEVER in HEALTHY ORGANIC FOOD and it is one of the aspects in my own life that I take great care about - in general my health, my fitness, etc is VERY important to me - and good food is mandatory.
    I have not eaten convenience crap or junk food in ages... no ready made food, no off-seasonal vegetable... very little crap that has been taken far too early and "ripened" artificially and transported thousands of miles only so I can get strawberries in mid-winter.
    I believe in locally farmed organic produce etc...

BUT here's a thing: VEGAN ? no thanks.
    I get vegetarian diet easily enough - I think fair enough if you don't like meat... and it is quite easy to get all the nutrition you need for a truly healthy body without meat if you know your food / diet / cooking. Arguably though you'll be still more likely to have to source larger amounts of proteins and some vitamins from supplements if you're seriously sporty / working out hard. but it's definitely easily possible.

VEGAN though? You can do it - even with sports, but it takes a toll medically speaking in the long run if you're not 200% extra careful.
    Especially if you also turn down stuff like nuts (WHY??).
    For example a VEGAN diet will make it utterly difficult to take in enough proteins, iron, B12, DHA (think omega 3), creatine...
    All VERY important stuff for your body to stay strong, recover, keep healthy in the long run...
    So if you want to avoid health problems you will at one point need nutritional supplements (the artificial kind) as there's just too much lacking in your diet....

Free range chicken, locally farmed on a nice small farm for example produce nice eggs and the chicken don't seem unhappy.
    (we've got one of the organic farms right behind my shop).
    Just saying...
    Nuts have no life-problems...

And blending everything? YUCK... YIKES .. NO THANKS... but hey suit yourself.
    But I don't think it's entirely healthy (neither physically nor psychologically)...

Yeah after thinking about it more, I'll start off vegetarian haha.
    thanks for the advice so far, yeah I'll try some of my favourite foods.
    We have plenty animals, lots of chickens and such I just killed enough with my own 2 hands that I don't want to harm them anymore.. meat is like a last resort kind of thing.
    I've read that nuts are not good for you, but I guess that's really only the case if you have stomach/colon ulcers/polyps and such where they can get into them, rot, infect, and kill you..
    I don't have ulcers/polyps but my mum does, that's why I wanted to avoid nuts, but as long as it's not in her food should be all good :P

Fair enough about the meat aspect - if you're not comfortable with the killing.
    Just consider that for vegetables, there are also thousands of lives being taken. ploughing the earth kills a lot of creatures, pesticides kill even more - so you might not be eating those, and they may not be cute - but they're living things just as well.
    To me all life is precious (with a few notable exceptions) - but every creature is to some degree responsible for the death of other creatures... it's the way of nature.

but I am an advocate of moderation - when I see how some people basically have a meat-only diet - where they have meat at breakfast, lunch and dinner .. that is where it becomes grotesque in my book and a waste-life-style.
    Also so much meat isn't healthy either.
    But occasionally eating a bit of chicken or even red meat is healthy... especially if done in moderation.

I think balance & moderation are key points in a healthy nutrition - VEGAN is just taking stuff to some extreme for some pseudo moral "high-ground" that simply doesn't exist if you examine it closely. and Vegan-diets come at an incredible high risk of malnutrition if you're not really really careful. it's often stuff that will bare its ugly side years down the road and not immediately - the human body is pretty enduring superficially.

Also I never understood the issue with eggs - if they're organic, free range farmed from places where the chicken really can roam, are fed healthily etc... it's natural ... and they're not suffering at any rate.
    So what's the problem with eating eggs? (considering the fact that they make for a healthy nutritional addition).
    Same goes for dairy products (again: moderation is key)... if it's organically, free range cows, sheep, etc. that "deliver the goods"...

I'm absolutely AGAINST the modern mass-meat and dairy, poultry, egg "manufacturing" (industrial farming) - that is something I consider to be very very EVIL, unnatural, harmful, cruel, disgusting, despicable, etc. And I NEVER buy any such goods if I can avoid it (if you're someplace on the globe where there's no real options or declaration, etc... well). But as a rule, when I buy my own food, I am VERY STRICT in this regard.

Just saying - think things through

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Hi everyone.

Edit;
    Now, I'm sure you'll already been told this, but I feel I should mention anyway that you should be careful you don't cut anything important out of your diet. I noticed that you said you were going vegan and didn't like nuts. Are you making sure you get enough protein in your diet? Your muscles, internal organs, skin, hair etc. can suffer a lot otherwise as protein is used for repairing natural damage to the body. Beans and sprouts are good additions to a vegan diet for this. You could also try blending small amounts of high-protein nuts (cashews, walnuts, peanuts, soy nuts) with the rest of your food to disguise the taste of nuts.

In terms of hydration, consuming foods in liquid form isn't likely to help as you wouldn't be recieving any more water that just eating the food unless you actually add water into the blend.

One benefit for you I can see to eating purely liquid foods however is, as you mentioned, quicker digestion which could very well improve your appetite if you're trying to build yourself or maintain weight.