Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony has holograms

Talking Sony has holograms

you have to see it to believe it. Sony finally mastered the hologram and they made a demo by unleashing Nessy in the Tokyo Bay. A huge 15m Holographic Monster. This could’ve been a huge hype machine for Cloverfield, but damn - Sony just owned everything. This looks 20 years in the future. How will they adapt this technology? Will it be in gaming? Who knows.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHDT8cfY6jA

Me personally just want to share this because its awsome but it has me wondering do any of you think this could be aplied to gaming? How awsome would it be to play out some of the boss battles in real time life size?
    Last edited by d4l; 22-Feb-2008 at 04:27.

EmeraldsAndLime

Silly Japanese and their oversized sea-monsters.

But as for the technology, that's just awesome! Not since Back to the Future 2 have I seen such a good hologram. >_<

Hmm, that's quite huge... and awesome! Maybe a smaller form really will somehow end up in gaming eventually.

We may eventually be controlling games with our minds rather than controllers. I just saw an article about it recently, but now I can't find it.

Well the thing could have moved a bit more, but still very impressive.

As for gaming, I think we're going to need a bigger room to play in.

Amazing!
    I saw holograms only in games and fiction, but finally it's true. Now I'm waiting for hologram movies.

That is Kinda cool! It will be cool to see what they do with it.

Nooo, they definitely won't make games with holograms, it would cost waaaaaay too much money to make. Movies might work, though, but the visual quality isn't very good so computer-made special effects work better.

OMG. Yes, yes, yes. A thousand times yes. Oh wait, I don't have blue ray and my hd hologram projector won't play blu-ray 3d holograms. Oh noes. Remember last time Microsoft was behind the emergence of a clone army ( foresee this, IBM did not...) and now Sony is making rebel hologram projector tech... I sense a ripple in the force. Microsoft is eying Google suspiciously and is trying to buy Yahoo (which looks like it is going to turn hostile)... While Sony sneakily develops into a threat... and on a moon hidden at the dark side of Endor Apple and Sony enter into what will become a rebel alliance against the republic of Microsoft... People have forgotten Microsoft was once seduced to the dark side and is biding its time... Remember the empire's death star plans were hacked, and R2 units plainly were built by unhackable Apple...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSunDS View Post
    Nooo, they definitely won't make games with holograms, it would cost waaaaaay too much money to make. Movies might work, though, but the visual quality isn't very good so computer-made special effects work better.
    Two thinks:
    Mass production - Everyone would want these things
    Over time the components will drop in value.

I'm a little sceptical on how it works.

By the looks of things there is a projector, yet what is the image being reflected/shone on? Just plain Air?