Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Save Express Shipping Questions!

Default Save Express Shipping Questions!

I want to order from Save Express, but I have never used the shipping options they offer... I think!? They're some sort of courier options and uh.. durp.. how do I use those services!? I feel SO DUMB ASKING :''D But! I live in the middle of nowhere and if I miss the courier, and have to go get the package by bicycle from somewhere far away, I'm done for. I just cannot do it, everything is so far away!
    Does anyone know how this transaction goes? If I'm not there to pick it up do they leave a message and I can arrange another time to pick it up? Or do they leave it to the nearest postal office?

I have some sort of problem with reading forms, so this is extra hard for me ;u; haha..

Ps. I live in Finland. Suomalaisten kokemukset erityisen tervetulleita! (finnish experiences very welcome!)

I think my question comes down to this: DHL, GLS or UPS?
    Last edited by TyphaHare; 05-Aug-2014 at 21:08. Reason: forgot to add..

I live in Italy, so my experience could be a bit different or not, depending on which courier services you get in Finland...

Usually the best price-service ratio is with DPD, a friend in the Netherlands has a very good experience with it, but alas that doesn't ship to Italy, so I'm left with the cheaper, not tracked DHL option, which would take a lot of time (2 weeks or more? Not sure, haven't used it) or the premium, tracked DHL option, which usually delivers in one week. It's pretty expensive (around 40% of the cost of the diapers shipping to Italy), but you can follow your shipment online step by step. If you are in a situation where you want to know when the parcel will be delivered, I'd say this last option is your best bet!

Huh, UPS seems to be the cheapest option for me (didn't notice them until now! Edited it in there!) but haven't used them either.
    This is very troublesome. I am such a weenie about ordering online but I gotta learn at some point!

Thanks for the input Quattrus! I'm really weighing my options here..

Quote Originally Posted by TyphaHare View Post
    I am such a weenie about ordering online but I gotta learn at some point!
    You could always plan a trip there like I did my first (and 2nd, and 3rd) time I bought from them If you purchase a big enough amount, you get the trip for free with the money you save on the shipment! (Plus a 10% discount if you pay with cash)

Ah, a good suggestion! My problem is, that I cannot travel right now. Germany would be lovely any time of the year!
    Maybe I should attend the furry con over there next year tho, meet up with some diaperfurs and go visit the store/storage :P Sounds like fun to me at least lol

I think I'll try to order using UPS for now since it's the only company that has their website completely in finnish! Also, I know a friend of mine has used UPS many times to ship their repaired game consoles.. so yeah.

Suggestions, info and experiences still very much wanted! Even if it would be a horror story about how horrible UPS is in Finland lol

Quote Originally Posted by TyphaHare View Post
    Germany would be lovely any time of the year!
    Maybe I should attend the furry con over there next year tho, meet up with some diaperfurs and go visit the store/storage :P Sounds like fun to me at least lol
    Yep, Germany is one of the countries I like visiting the most around Europe! (but just because I haven't been to Scandinavia yet... )

Coincidentally, I was considering that same convention for this year but in the end I won't be going, if you are going next year let me know, if I come on the road I'll be most definitely passing by Save Express at some point!

If I remember rightly, the Save Express web page tells you the "brand name" of the courier's delivery option (like "Express 48" or whatever). If you go to the courier's website and check their re-delivery policy, they should tell you what happens if you are out when they call.

I don't know of any couriers in the UK that will make you collect the parcel from their depot after just one failed delivery. Some companies will leave you a card and ask you to call a number to arrange re-delivery on a date of your choice. Some will just try again the next day. Usually after the 2nd or 3rd failed delivery, the package(s) will be returned to the sender. But I don't know if they have the same policies in Finland...

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    Yep, Germany is one of the countries I like visiting the most around Europe! (but just because I haven't been to Scandinavia yet... )

Coincidentally, I was considering that same convention for this year but in the end I won't be going, if you are going next year let me know, if I come on the road I'll be most definitely passing by Save Express at some point!
    I'll definately keep this in mind for next year >:3!

Some companies will leave you a card and ask you to call a number to arrange re-delivery on a date of your choice. Some will just try again the next day. Usually after the 2nd or 3rd failed delivery, the package(s) will be returned to the sender. But I don't know if they have the same policies in Finland...
    They're an international delivery service, so I asssssuuume they would have same rules all over O_O ..oh well! We'll see! I hope this is super fast and I get my package by Friday. I really wanna sleep in nappies but I'm just about to go out of them ;__;

Oh! And I dug out some info from a finnish ABDL site which informed me that no matter what delivery method you choose, they will use UPS for Finland so.. well done, me! I picked the right answer! whoo!

I would recommend UPS, not so expensive and they will make three attempts to deliver to your adress, if they cant deliver the first time they leave a infonotice and you can then arrange a specific day for delivery by contacting them , if the make three missed attempts and you didnt respond to the notice then they keep the package at their terminal for a week before returning , i have used UPS several times, always worked ok even thou UPS are not the sharpest tools in the sheed here in Sweden either, (recently they have starting using a subcontractor where i live, now everything works much better than when ups them selves made the deliverys)

If you live remote or dare you can on the backside of the notice give them permission to just leave the package by your door, or to a neghboor,

Firstly I can highly recommend Save Express as I have used them many many times.
    As far as the shipping procedure goes (I currently live in Germany) I always use the DHL option as it is the cheapest for me here because they are actually owned by Deutsche Post. Anyway after selecting the neutral packing option (duh!) and selecting DHL the order is processed. I then get an email about 1 or 2 days later with a tracking link. Simply check the tracking link to see where the parcel is at. To add to the simplicity you also get a mail from DHL telling you when your parcel will be delivered, ie "Your parcel will be delivered between 13:00 and 16:00" on the 21/08/14 etc.
    I really love this as I currently live in the same house as my Mum so it enables me to make sure I am not only in but ready to race down to intercept the delivery before prying eyes .

HTH