Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Urging question.

Default Urging question.

I been now wanting a bottle for quite sometime now after some major thinking but I need some input and suggestions. Nothin too fancy (but god no pink bottles ^^ pink and green may mix but not with me)

Maybe an average bottle but the sad thing is I throw up when I drink regular milk and it's hard for me to drink chocolate milk although there is 2 brands I did link but I think they are discontinued... What's that "bottle feeling" like?

It can be nice, but all that sucking for a small amount of milk can get rather tiring. I've heard of some people using a needle to make the hole in the nipple bigger though. I got my bottle at Walmart for less than a buck (plus a few cents tax). It has lions and birds on it.

Have you tried soy or almond milk? I find vanilla and chocolate flavored almond milk quite tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    It can be nice, but all that sucking for a small amount of milk can get rather tiring. I've heard of some people using a needle to make the hole in the nipple bigger though.
    As our baby got bigger we found it necessary to do this as he wasn't getting fed fast enough. Also, I believe we put cereal in with the milk and that also required a bigger nipple hole.

As Kimba said, try different things. It doesn't have to be milk. It can be juice or even water.

You don't need to use milk. You can use other things like juice if you wanted instead.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzBaby View Post
    You don't need to use milk. You can use other things like juice if you wanted instead.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    It can be juice or even water.
    Juice it is! But little more detailing on the bottle I'm kinda nervous

Look around online for a design and size you like. I have a Nuk 5, 10 fl oz bottle (300ml), which is pretty ideal for my preferences; not too overwhelming, about the size of a tall glass, easy to hide, adorable as Hell (those elephants), and short enough for me to be able to dry it wish a dish towel.

It takes a little practice to get used to drinking from it, so it might feel like you're drinking very slowly for a while. Start filling it about half way and make your way up from there. You can always use juice or water if milk won't work for you. Having a snack with your bottle might also help you. Definitely don't drink soda or anything carbonated until you're actually used to your bottle; that was the first mistake I made, even worse because I filled it to the brim. While I liked drinking Dew from my bottle, it took me forever to drink it all because I didn't know how to drink from it fast enough for the flavor to supersede the tickling of the carbonation. (Plus, the soda smell can stick onto the nipple for quite a while.) After a day or two of practice, hopefully you can manipulate the flow rate to your liking; if not, you might want to consider modifying the teat.

Modifying the teat is kind of the popular vote, but just for posterity's sake, I never had to modify my teat, and I can down 10 fl ozs of milk in 15-20 minutes on average. And I personally like being able to drink comfortably at a fast pace while having lunch, and also being able to put it at a slow and steady pace for when I just want to lay back on my bed and watch T.V. without having to get up and take a swig from a cup every few minutes. I also really like being able to clench my bottle in my teeth when laying down, I can keep drinking from it and have both hands free to play my 3DS.

I just got a bottle, and I'm going to get an adult-fitting rubber nipple for it (oh god is there a better way to say "rubber nipple"?? that word is so stupid XD) So yeah, if it's hard to suckle, get that!

Ps. I'm vegan and I can recommend soy and almond milk! Occasionally I use hazelnut or rice milk, I do like them too. There's a lot of alternatives if you feel like you need milk for authenticity!

Quote Originally Posted by ClandestineWing View Post
    Look around online for a design and size you like. I have a Nuk 5, 10 fl oz bottle (300ml), which is pretty ideal for my preferences; not too overwhelming, about the size of a tall glass, easy to hide, adorable as Hell (those elephants), and short enough for me to be able to dry it wish a dish towel.

It takes a little practice to get used to drinking from it, so it might feel like you're drinking very slowly for a while. Start filling it about half way and make your way up from there. You can always use juice or water if milk won't work for you. Having a snack with your bottle might also help you. Definitely don't drink soda or anything carbonated until you're actually used to your bottle; that was the first mistake I made, even worse because I filled it to the brim. While I liked drinking Dew from my bottle, it took me forever to drink it all because I didn't know how to drink from it fast enough for the flavor to supersede the tickling of the carbonation. (Plus, the soda smell can stick onto the nipple for quite a while.) After a day or two of practice, hopefully you can manipulate the flow rate to your liking; if not, you might want to consider modifying the teat.

Modifying the teat is kind of the popular vote, but just for posterity's sake, I never had to modify my teat, and I can down 10 fl ozs of milk in 15-20 minutes on average. And I personally like being able to drink comfortably at a fast pace while having lunch, and also being able to put it at a slow and steady pace for when I just want to lay back on my bed and watch T.V. without having to get up and take a swig from a cup every few minutes. I also really like being able to clench my bottle in my teeth when laying down, I can keep drinking from it and have both hands free to play my 3DS.
    Give this guy some positive rep because this is extremely helpful, Thanks buddy ^^

I bought some of the plastic bottles that are colored blue, yellow and clear. I took the end of a cork screw and enlarged the nipple. I drink cranberry juice from mine. The thinner juices work very well, and little ones drink juice from their bottles. You might try apple juice. I typically drink a mixture of cranberry juice and ginger ale. Canada Dry uses real ginger in their ginger ale, and it's very good for the stomach. The hospital got me started on it years ago when I had my bleeding ulcer.

A baby bottle really makes me regress. I think it tends to really feeling like a baby. I don't use it often, but when I'm in need of serious regression. My wife sometimes raises her eyebrows....sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I bought some of the plastic bottles that are colored blue, yellow and clear. I took the end of a cork screw and enlarged the nipple. I drink cranberry juice from mine. The thinner juices work very well, and little ones drink juice from their bottles. You might try apple juice. I typically drink a mixture of cranberry juice and ginger ale. Canada Dry uses real ginger in their ginger ale, and it's very good for the stomach. The hospital got me started on it years ago when I had my bleeding ulcer.

A baby bottle really makes me regress. I think it tends to really feeling like a baby. I don't use it often, but when I'm in need of serious regression. My wife sometimes raises her eyebrows....sigh.
    Ouch, no permanent damage I hope.