Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone regret becoming a bed wetter?

Default Anyone regret becoming a bed wetter?

Whenever this topic comes up it is met with a chorus of “don’t do it”. Perhaps I’m unique, but I have zero regrets. Just the opposite, for me waking wet with no memory is the ultimate high. It never gets old. So I’m wondering, anyone here who has purposely regressed back to bed wetting wish they had not?

Quote Originally Posted by WBxx View Post
    Whenever this topic comes up it is met with a chorus of “don’t do it”. Perhaps I’m unique, but I have zero regrets. Just the opposite, for me waking wet with no memory is the ultimate high. It never gets old. So I’m wondering, anyone here who has purposely regressed back to bed wetting wish they had not?
    WBxx

Oh well, to each his own I'd say.

After 35 years of bedwetting, trust me - if I'd have an "off-switch" I'd have flicked it LONG ago.

I don't know how old you are - neither do I know how long you have been wetting the bed.

But honestly I'm not buying into the "it never gets old" thing.
    Maybe it is for the time being the ultimate high for yourself - as you say... fine.

However think about issues like traveling, holidays, girlfriends / boyfriends, etc.
    I know from my own experience that neither Incontinence nor bedwetting STOPS me from doing / getting any of this.... but it sure is a hassle.

and that is the one thing I fail to see: why would you willingly burden yourself with such a hassle only for a bit of a "cheap thrill".?

Atomic6

one does not just become a bedwetter

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    WBxx

Oh well, to each his own I'd say.

After 35 years of bedwetting, trust me - if I'd have an "off-switch" I'd have flicked it LONG ago.

I don't know how old you are - neither do I know how long you have been wetting the bed.

But honestly I'm not buying into the "it never gets old" thing.
    Maybe it is for the time being the ultimate high for yourself - as you say... fine.

However think about issues like traveling, holidays, girlfriends / boyfriends, etc.
    I know from my own experience that neither Incontinence nor bedwetting STOPS me from doing / getting any of this.... but it sure is a hassle.

and that is the one thing I fail to see: why would you willingly burden yourself with such a hassle only for a bit of a "cheap thrill".?

Almost twice your age, as a child I wet the bed into my ninth year. Then, after years without a genuine nocturnal accident, during my nineteenth summer I wet the bed on four separate occasions after drinking beer. Encouraged, I managed to regress back to sleep wetting perhaps three out of four nights by my mid-twenties. That’s forty years ago, little has changed since.

Admittedly, I have a huge advantage in that I have an “off-switch”. You see, for the most part I only wet in my sleep after consuming extra fluid and when diapered. But there are exceptions so I take precautions when sleeping away from home.

As for the why, wish I knew. Do know growing up I was scolded & spanked for wetting the bed. And at some point my sexuality became intertwined with bed-wetting.

Point is, despite all the naysayers, I believe the vast majority of folks who purposefully regress back to bed-wetting have zero regrets. Furthermore, if it doesn't work out I believe one can easily regain control. No?

Quote Originally Posted by WBxx View Post
    Almost twice your age, as a child I wet the bed into my ninth year. Then, after years without a genuine nocturnal accident, during my nineteenth summer I wet the bed on four separate occasions after drinking beer. Encouraged, I managed to regress back to sleep wetting perhaps three out of four nights by my mid-twenties. That’s forty years ago, little has changed since.

Admittedly, I have a huge advantage in that I have an “off-switch”. You see, for the most part I only wet in my sleep after consuming extra fluid and when diapered. But there are exceptions so I take precautions when sleeping away from home.

As for the why, wish I knew. Do know growing up I was scolded & spanked for wetting the bed. And at some point my sexuality became intertwined with bed-wetting.

Point is, despite all the naysayers, I believe the vast majority of folks who purposefully regress back to bed-wetting have zero regrets. Furthermore, if it doesn't work out I believe one can easily regain control. No?
    Interesting insight.

well if it floats your boat - good for you.

To me though coming from the bedwetting aspect it has been nothing but a load of hassle all my life.
    The daytime IC is a hassle too - and if I would have to choose (odd scenario) I'd get rid of the day-time stuff for sure and stick with the bedwetting.
    But as said if I'd be able to stop it, then stopping it I would.

I have some DL tendencies that used to be much stronger years ago, most likely developed as some sort of weird coping strategies for having to wear diapers as a teenager,...
    To this day the diapers / pads provide me with a bit of a comforting-solution (although during the day I choose often to go with other product options for practicality).
    But especially for the bedwetting, the diapers have proven to be a good remedial fix.
    I hate waking up in wet beds - and the diaper thus is far far better.
    Actually I find them (at least when dry) oddly comfortable.
    None the less, I guess the deprivation of a real choice is what I find to be an absolute negative aspect. Of course I have a "Choice" - I can go with a soaked bed, I can wear different products, but alas - the choice isn't a "realistic" one at best.

Now as to the regaining of control - that is medically highly debatable at least.
    Apparently its easier to loose the control than to regain it.

And if you don't mind me asking: you honestly have never found it to be inconveniencing for example on road trips? travels in general? sleep-overs? Dating? Summer times...? Thinking about what happens when you "fall asleep on the couch"... or other such scenarios?
    Constantly needing to bring diapers wherever you plan on staying overnight?
    Finding good diapers abroad?
    Making extra sure that there are no leaks, say at hotels, friends places, etc?

I have a hard time believing that you have as a bedwetter never encountered these problems or have been completely unswayed by them in their unpractical aspect...?

In my time living with IC & Bedwetting I for sure have learned to deal with it and have managed to not let it hinder me from living the life I want most of the time....
    but I give you a simple example of regret: I wish I'd could embark on a multi-month motorcycle trip... sort of a round the world thing on my bike....
    Wish I could - but such an undertaking is complicated enough without the day & night needs for Incontinence products and it is frankly speaking next to impossible with my IC. I can get away with about a four week thing, but at some point I'll run into supply / washing / etc problems that will just be difficult enough.
    I'm not completely giving up on the idea - and my recent switch to condom catheters for daytime stuff has made the problem already quite more "manageable".
    If I can get a similar solution for night time wetting that works for me (so far no luck) - than I could pull it off.
    The point is, bedwetting and IC issues can be handled effectively in 95% of the situations - but those remaining 5%...
    As another example I'm a huge outdoors sports "fanatic"... and whilst again the IC & bedwetting doesn't completely rule it out, it just makes stuff like trekking around nepal for example with a backpack far more complicated.
    Sleepover somewhere else... I mean at home I've got my supplies, I've got my waterproofed PUL / cotton sheet, etc... Outside I need to carry the supplies to any location, I need to bring PUL Pants (as added protection), then there's taking care of the waste.

Again, 95% "easy",5% really suck.

And here's where I simply can't believe that the enjoyment you possible get out of bedwetting (which to me is obviously difficult to understand) outweigh all negative side effects.

The other issue I have with your post is that it comes over as an encouragement for some who are on the "brink" of trying to go that route.

I don't quite meet the requirements of the question because I'm not exactly trying to become a bed wetter purposely. My bladder is just too darn small and I have to drink a lot of water before bed to prevent serious morning headaches. I can't be getting up 3 times a night to pee. Now, as a DL anyway, I chose a practical solution and now I'm heavily padded most nights. The problem is that I tend to wake up wet with no memory of how I got that way. I think I'm still consciously going, but like when someone wakes you up briefly and talks to you, the memory is lost because I fall right back asleep. Any morning that I wake up and don't remember peeing thru the night and don't currently have to go, that's a sure sign I did go at some point, but I have to peek at the blue lines on the Abena to confirm.

Of course, after a few months of this, the time came when I was in a situation where I really didn't want to sleep diapered, but now I was terrified that I would wet a strange bed. But as a test, I tried it and simply had to get up 3 times during those nights.

I recently went 2 months unpadded to see what would happen, and only had the most minor of accidents a few times. But my sleep was lousy from all the trips to the bathroom.

I would agree with the 95/5 thing. Also, as my kids get older, I'll have to deal with them knowing eventually, but will be as discreet as possible so maybe I don't have to hear them blurt it out LOUDLY in public one day.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Now as to the regaining of control - that is medically highly debatable at least.
    Apparently its easier to loose the control than to regain it.
    Not so sure about that. I've yet to see a creditable account of anyone who purposely regressed changing their mind and then not being able to regain control.

And if you don't mind me asking: you honestly have never found it to be inconveniencing for example on road trips? travels in general? sleep-overs? Dating? Summer times...? Thinking about what happens when you "fall asleep on the couch"... or other such scenarios?
    Constantly needing to bring diapers wherever you plan on staying overnight?
    Finding good diapers abroad?
    Making extra sure that there are no leaks, say at hotels, friends places, etc?
    Absolutely, at times bed-wetting has been a hassle for me. In the beginning I was convinced it wouldn't happen away from home so long as I limited fluids and fell asleep with a “do not wet” mindset. That actually worked in the beginning. Then one morning on a business trip I woke to “oh no, what do I do now!” And not long after it happened again without protection while sleeping with my wife at my folks place. Far as I know in both incidents I cleaned up sufficiently that no one knew. As mentioned before, I now always wear protection just in case when sleeping away from home.

Strange that you mention it, late one night I did wet on a sofa after falling asleep in front of the TV. And there was the afternoon I took a short nap after work in an unprotected bed in our guest bedroom. I pride myself on taking full responsibility for my bed-wetting to minimize the impact on my wife. These non-diapered wettings were regrettable and to the best of my ability will not happen again.

I fully admit to myself and even more so my wife that a grown man wanting to wet in his sleep is ridiculous. Willing sleeping in my own urine, nothing could be more absurd. Yet there’s something deep inside that drives me to do it over and over. To make it tolerable for my wife, I wear sufficient protection that she rarely knows either way in the morning. And I take full responsibility for any cleanup making sure everything is put away so she can have friends over without concern. Although my wife doesn't begin to understand, she accepts and even promotes my bed-wetting.

The other issue I have with your post is that it comes over as an encouragement for some who are on the "brink" of trying to go that route.
    I see two situations here. First are “kids” still living at home looking for advice on wetting the bed in hopes their parents will supply diapers. I agree, total and absolute discouragement in this situation.

But there’s also established mature individuals looking for advice on the subject. For this group I have no problem with listing the cons, but feel one should also be open to the possibility. Wouldn't it be disingenuous for me to discourage these folks from pursuing an endeavor that has been so positive for me?

I usually go to bed diapered now that I'm retired from the demanding day job. I usually have my days to myself and so I have no problem with going to bed diapered with the anticipation of wetting sometime during the night. Typically I'll wake up and it becomes a convenient act. It's only on rare occasions that I'll wake up in the morning and have wet while asleep. I'm not incontinent so I don't have any problem when we visit at our daughter's house. If I did, I would stop because that's not something I would bring into her house out of respect.

I've always been attracted to diapers and it is sexual for me. I'm both AB and DL so it brings me both enjoyment and a sense of peace. I am sensitive to our genuinely incontinent members, and so I rarely respond to a thread like this, but being attracted to wearing diapers and regressing is who I am, or what I'm stuck with depending on my mood. In the past years I've come to accept this and enjoy it.

For those who are AB/DL and not incontinent, many would like to be able to wet in their sleep. It seems to be the hold grail of regression: the ultimate act. But for those who have been incontinent for most or all of their lives, I can understand why they would gladly give it up. I'm glad that I do have control, and I think that I enjoy using my diaper more, knowing that I'm the one making the choice. Sometimes I'll go several days without wearing making when I choose to wear, all the more pleasurable. Choice is great. Being incontinent must be a major pain and you do have my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I usually go to bed diapered now that I'm retired from the demanding day job. I usually have my days to myself and so I have no problem with going to bed diapered with the anticipation of wetting sometime during the night. Typically I'll wake up and it becomes a convenient act. It's only on rare occasions that I'll wake up in the morning and have wet while asleep. I'm not incontinent so I don't have any problem when we visit at our daughter's house. If I did, I would stop because that's not something I would bring into her house out of respect.

I've always been attracted to diapers and it is sexual for me. I'm both AB and DL so it brings me both enjoyment and a sense of peace. I am sensitive to our genuinely incontinent members, and so I rarely respond to a thread like this, but being attracted to wearing diapers and regressing is who I am, or what I'm stuck with depending on my mood. In the past years I've come to accept this and enjoy it.

For those who are AB/DL and not incontinent, many would like to be able to wet in their sleep. It seems to be the hold grail of regression: the ultimate act. But for those who have been incontinent for most or all of their lives, I can understand why they would gladly give it up. I'm glad that I do have control, and I think that I enjoy using my diaper more, knowing that I'm the one making the choice. Sometimes I'll go several days without wearing making when I choose to wear, all the more pleasurable. Choice is great. Being incontinent must be a major pain and you do have my understanding.
    I think the "Holy Grail" of ABDL is actually an on-off incon switch.

As both a DL and an AB as well, I drool over the thought of needing diapers all the time. But being the practical: God gave us sphincters, and on the ones whom He Blessed physically, he made them fully functional. I think most people who made themselves that way have regretted it, being fully aware there are those who have and still love it.

Personally If I could go with out wetting my pants I would be happy. I would still wear when I wanted but I would love to not wake up wet and messy every morning.
    I never advise it, but if it floats your boat then fine. Being IC myself I just do not ever talk about how to do it with people. And yes I get asked all the time if I can teach someone how to become incontinent. There are many pros and cons to it. For me the cons are huge. And yes so are the pros. I mean I get a full night sleep and do not have to get up to pee. I can drink all the water I want before bed. But Diapers are hot, and expensive, and very incontinent at times. Yes I never have to wait in line or use public nasty bathrooms So that is good.

Where I do not advocate it I do not despise it. If that is your choice that is your choice. Just do it in a safe way that will not harm your body and cause irreversible damage.