Thread: Abena AbriLet Maxi vs. Bambino Quadro

Default Abena AbriLet Maxi vs. Bambino Quadro

So I'm looking for a new booster. I had been using Total Dry Boost Ups, but they are fraught with issues. Little sap balls leak out of it, no matter how full it is or where positioned, and it has a tendency to "explode" at random times and get sap all over you. You can never tell when you're reaching the limit of these thing. I've gone through 15 bags of all sizes of these and there's no question they are not ideal for me. I've read similar complaints on here and elsewhere.

So moving on. I quite like the Bambino Quadros's but... I've read they don't wick well (or as well as others), so they might be better for slow pee-ers or real IC's.

I read a review on Amazon that Abena AbriLet Maxi is really good at wicking and handles a flood very well and uses up all of the pad. It's also 4 inches longer. I am a flooder more than not, I have a hard time going it slow.

What I don't know if these are both comparable in capacity. I've used the Quadro's before, and they don't wick that well, so I'm going to assume the Abena will have a better capacity as it can use more of the bad more easily, not to mention it's 4 inches longer.

I tried some of the extra large "winged" pads. That's a no go. Too big for my diapers. What I need is a high capacity, good wicking, good floodable 6 inch wide, long rectangular solid booster that doesn't explode or leak sap balls like the Total Dry Boost Ups.

Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas on capacity? Cost is not really an issue.

Oh, and I'm using Bambino Bellissimo Medium and Large (in between sizes).

I would actually also like to know the opinions about the Abena AbriLet Maxi boosters. I'm assuming they work great because Abena M4's are terrific and absorb really well and I'm also in the market of purchasing some new boosters. And BouncyBoy sorry I couldn't be any help.

They work okay, the don't dwell up as much as the Bambino brands because Abena is made wit more wood pulp and they are thicker than Bambino when dry. Liquid can squeeze out a little bit from these though. They don't stick to the diaper and can move freely through the diaper.

The package of these are HUGE!
    They are bigger than a package of M4.

Abri-let maxi boosters can hold approx. 500ml. it does wick pretty good, but to have it use all of it's capacity, you also have to use it together with a diaper which, in it self has excellent wicking capacity. Otherwise you won't utilize all of the abri-let maxi booster.

I use Molicare super plus and a abri-let maxi booster throughout the day, and this combo can hold a small flood if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTheAverageMan View Post
    Abri-let maxi boosters can hold approx. 500ml. it does wick pretty good, but to have it use all of it's capacity, you also have to use it together with a diaper which, in it self has excellent wicking capacity. Otherwise you won't utilize all of the abri-let maxi booster.

I use Molicare super plus and a abri-let maxi booster throughout the day, and this combo can hold a small flood if need be.
    I will say the the Bellissimos have pretty good wicking, compared to others I've tried like Abena's M4, Molicare Super Plus and Dry 24/7's. In fact I find the 24/7's to have terribly slow wicking.

Only 500ml? I think the quadros are advertised as 850mg. That's too bad the Abenas don't at least hold 850, since I want their great wicking ability.

Any other ideas folks?

- - - Updated - - -

I found several sites that advertises a capacity of 1300ml for the Abena's. If it really does half that, it will be decent, so I've ordered a case to try.

Since I've tried the quattros, I'll report back at some point with a comparison.

Abena Maxi - longer, initially thicker, minimal swelling, excellent wicking

Bambino Quadro - initially very thin, swells to several times initial thickness, higher capacity than Abena Maxi

I have no issues with the Quadro wicking performance, though I also wet slowly in small amounts.

Well I tried the Maxi's. Wicking is amazing. I threw one in the sink and it was fully filled in 3 seconds. The downside? Pressout. It's horrible. It's basically just a big spunge. Just pressing my hand down it made it instantly unload and get real thin.

So I guess it's a mixed bag. This thing has no SAP whatsoever so I'm going to me moving on. There is no way the capacity holfd up to a Quadro.