Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello World! (of ADISC)

Default Hello World! (of ADISC)

Not exactly the most original of titles, but it'll do for an introduction. I am not typically good at initiating conversation, and by extension, writing introductions; thus if the format of my post looks familiar, it is because I am using the introduction "Cheat Sheet" as a template.

Currently in my life I would most identify with the label "Student", but my participation in the engineering college at the University is still only part of my life. I currently hold a position designing embedded logic systems at a research lab and I am interning as a software engineer at another company (I haven't quite made up my mind which I like more, software or firmware/hardware). When I'm not in class or at work, I am typically with my girlfriend, whom I met in my freshman year.

Of course, I have some free time, which I use either playing video games, watching anime, working on side projects while sometimes simultaneously indulging in the desire that acts as a common thread for this community; diapers. My interest in AB/DL activities has waxed and waned since I was 13, but the comfort of a pacifier and a well-padded bum enveloped with the sweet scent of powder has always brought me back. Even though I like the idea of being an AB (such as using pacifiers, bottles, and other paraphernalia), I have always found getting into the mindset to be difficult, thus I likely fall closer to the DL end of the spectrum.

When my interest was at its peak (not long after discovering that I wasn't the only person to enjoy these things), I was a bit over-zealous in attempting to communicate with people in communities like this. Truly, at that time, I did it for satisfaction of just saying it to somebody, but never really participating with a sense of community. Years have now passed and I've matured (pause for irony...), so I've decided to try mingling with a group again.

I think that about covers the introduction... Nice to meet you all and I hope to interact with at least some of you on a semi-regular basis.

Nice avatar picture, reminds me of my cat. Thank you for the warm welcome.

Welcome from one Zip to another!

Thanks for the welcome, its good to see another Zip. I was actually surprised that 'zippity' was still available, I usually have to append numbers.

Welcome, Zippity! Nice introduction! Just out of curiosity, have you ever been a part of/heard of FIRST Robotics?

I did try to be part of FIRST in high-school, but they kicked me out because I couldn't sell enough calendars to cover the membership fee. Finances weren't too hot back then. Have you had experience with them?

Hi and welcome to the site. You've written a great introductory thread. I'm afraid I'm the opposite of being an engineer. I'm a professional musician. I also enjoy bike riding, writing and reading. I'm sure you'll enjoy this site and I hope you will feel comfortable contributing to the many threads. We discuss a wide array of topics.

Welcome to the forum zippity! You're intro is marvelous! I hope you have a better experience in this forum than you did in the previous communication attempts

Do you live in a dorm on campus or somewhere off campus? Are you able to wear wherever you are staying?

Welcome zippity!

Stay away from the software it's evil!! lol J/K non of it makes sense to me, but i can build with the best of them (hardware).

have to agree it sounds like you are definitely a DL, lots of us here!