Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this what incontinence feels like?

Default Is this what incontinence feels like?

I remember back when I had my baby, I was in heavy labor and all of a sudden my water broke and it got all over the bed pad and my shirt because it went all over. It was like I was peeing without control and I felt nothing, only the gush coming out. But I knew it was my water that broke, not pee. is this what it's like when you have no control over your bladder, pee just comes out and you have no way of stopping it and it gets all over except you have a diaper on.

soggyboy

Calico,I always enjoy reading your threads and responses to others, but now I'm a touch confused.

I thought you were IC? Doesn't matter to me in the slightest, but I had the impression that you were.

In response to your question, I can't answer it personally, but I hope some do as I'm interested myself!

Quote Originally Posted by soggyboy View Post
    Calico,I always enjoy reading your threads and responses to others, but now I'm a touch confused.

I thought you were IC? Doesn't matter to me in the slightest, but I had the impression that you were.

In response to your question, I can't answer it personally, but I hope some do as I'm interested myself!

I don't know how you got the impression I was. I never claimed to be.

All female's water's break when they let the mother's know god is about to deliver your gift, my sister did I think but only my brother-in-law told me I didn't actually see it or I'd be a pervert for that. No that's not IC that's simply fact medical. Peeing uncontrollable is different from water breakin.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    All female's water's break when they let the mother's know god is about to deliver your gift, my sister did I think but only my brother-in-law told me I didn't actually see it or I'd be a pervert for that. No that's not IC that's simply fact medical. Peeing uncontrollable is different from water breakin.
    Snivy, I think you missed Calico's question. Yes, she knows her water broke because she was ready to deliver and that it is not incontinence. Her question was whether or not the sensations from it are what incontinence feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogRTO View Post
    Snivy, I think you missed Calico's question. Yes, she knows her water broke because she was ready to deliver and that it is not incontinence. Her question was whether or not the sensations from it are what incontinence feels like.
    Ooooooooooooooooooo ok what a fail someone else commented and that threw me off.

I have given birth to five children and have experienced the water breaking while in bed about to deliver 5 times. I never thought about the connection. I guess I knew when the water was about to break because the doctor used the hook to pop it so the last few minutes went smoother.

With my first, the dr broke it too soon, so I had a couple hours of agony. She got out of the clinic at 4:30, so at that time a nurse was scheduled to go around and break everyone's water so all babies would be born and she could go home. Evidently since it was my first, it took a while longer. I had already been in the hospital about 12+ hours in labor. The nurse got caught up with another delivery, and left me all alone in agony for a while. When she finally came back, I was demanding pain killer, but she refused saying it was too close to the birth. So for me labor is tolerable with the cushion of water. I have to make sure I get a shot of pain killer before they break the water and I am fine.

I always know they have an incontinent pad on the bed and if I did not mess it up, it would still be going in the trash. The first time I had no clue what I was doing with pushing which led to some escape of number two, but I never had number one while in labor. Now I recommend requesting an enema in early labor. Also a catheter before they break the water can be nice since according to the drs an empty bladder leaves more room for baby to come out. Hopefully keeps it safer from birth damage as well.
    While there may be quite a few similarities with IC, I personally was so excited about the birth I really didn't care about the fluid or pay much attention to it. I am not much IC either though. I sneezed 3 times yesterday and nothing happened, but the other day I was just yelling downstairs to see why my kid was crying (I was on phone and my 11 yr old stubbed her toe), and had a full release. I had not been down to the bathroom in about 3.25 hours since I was working. I have not had anything but small sneezing accidents before I started 24/7 wearing, so it may be my body just knows I wear diapers now, and I would still be alright without.

Like last night I wore a pullup and stayed dry, but woke up and put on a super thick cloth diaper and have been laying here reading for an hour and a half. I have peed almost automatically 4 times. I did not really think about it at all. I had to go pretty bad when I first put it on and so that happened pretty quick. Then I guess since I am already wet, my body keeps right on doing it without me even thinking really. I really do not feel very wet though.
    Fascinating

Some times you notice it draining out *pee that is* So illd have to guess its probably smiler sensation

Calico, there are different types of incontinence. Functional and Urge for example where you do get a sensation of "urgency" or rather "oh! i gotta go now!" before wetting but might not be able to do anything before it's too late. For us who don't have Mixed (mostly nero-issues where you may or may not feel any warning) or Overflow (the bladder fills up but the brain isn't notified and it results in flooding) then the short answer is "yes". There is the occasion where I will get a "feeling i have to go pee" but for me as soon as i notice it I've already started. Most times I won't even know until I just feel the warm or the trickling feeling. At night I don't feel anything except cold and wet when I wake up.

I'm not fecally incontinent but because my problem is neurological I do have accidents sometimes. When that happens I get this 'overwhelming' feeling that I have to go and instantly, (sparing the details) then any movement I make just increases the output.

Hope this helps explain it.

after a car accident when i was 16 i was ic for 3 years and spent a third of that time in the hospital, it was not pleasant!!! I have the highest respect for those that are still ic!!! I enjoy being diapered because it gives me freedom without someone elses help!! I see no comparison!!!