Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Adult Swim Diaper

Default New Adult Swim Diaper

I wonder if anyone has tried these? I normally use the SOSecure reusable Swim Diaper but it’s not as practical or as comfortable as I would like. I’ve always wanted a “Little Swimmers” style disposable for Adults and it looks like maybe they’ve finally come out with one. I’m wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the subject of these?

Swimmates™ Disposable Bowel Containment Swimwear by the makers of Tranquility

Like Maurepas, I normally use the SOSecure bowel containment swim diaper which, I agree, is not very comfortable. I also find that it is not easy to put on. However, it does permit you to fasten it very snugly for a confident seal against bowel leakage and therefore is very effective.

Swimmates are a new product. It is very interesting, but I have been unable to find any actual reviews of the product by users. The sites that sell it are merely copying claims from the manufacturer's advertising material. If the leg gathers are not more secure than in the normal Tranquility adult diapers, I would be concerned about bowel leakage during active swimming when flexing the legs. I suspect that it would be adequate for merely dipping in the pool.

As they say, "Pioneers catch a lot of arrows" and I would not want to be the first to test this in a public pool. Perhaps someone with their own backyard pool could give it a try and let us know how well it works?

I have mixed feelings about this - if they work they'll be fantastic because what I have to wear now is pretty awful. If they don't work so well then obviously that'll be pretty terrible for everyone else around... I definitely don't want to be the first one to try these out!

Yeah, that's sort of what I was afraid of. I think I'll get a pack of them when I get my shipment in for the next month. I think I have a plan to test them with less risk. I'm thinking I'll wear one with the SOSecure on as a cover, which in theory should prevent leakage if it occurs.

What do you think?

I guess that might be the only way to see how well they work - although it sounds like it'll be quite bulky? I'm quite surprised that these seem to have been launched with such minimal fanfare - I mean if they're good then surely there'll be pretty great demand for a product like this.
    Let me know how your test goes!

I find it odd that I can't find any info on these on the tranquility web site. I am really curious if anyone has tried them yet? I don't swim very often, but I do have a discovery trekking outfitters swim diaper that I use when I do. I really find it to be a little bulky under my trunks, so I am very interested in these. If anyone gives them a try, please post your opinion.

I can say they turned out pretty okay. They fit and felt pretty much like any other adult pull up does, and they absorbed pretty okay the accident I had on the way to the pool. And as it turns out I'd messed myself unawares at some point and my wife discovered that fact when I got home so they must have contained it pretty well.

Having said that, I had my SOSecure on as a cover as I said I would, and I'm a little apprehensive at trying them without that on. At the very least I can say that nothing got on the SOSecure so they have that point for them, and at the very least that helps cut down on some laundry.

We'll probably go swimming again in the next week or so and I'll post an update on how that goes and maybe I'll try it without the cover on for that.

Maurepas,

Should the circumstances permit, would you please try to repeat the experiment without the SOSecure cover. My concern is that the SOSecure may fit so snugly that it could be the real reason that the Swimmates swim diaper did not leak. If that is not practical could you wear the Swimmates swim diaper by itself during a period when you are more likely to have an accident to at least give it a dry land test without the SOSecure?

Thank you for your posting and the very useful feedback.

--John

Quote Originally Posted by jdinvirginia View Post
    Maurepas,

Should the circumstances permit, would you please try to repeat the experiment without the SOSecure cover. My concern is that the SOSecure may fit so snugly that it could be the real reason that the Swimmates swim diaper did not leak. If that is not practical could you wear the Swimmates swim diaper by itself during a period when you are more likely to have an accident to at least give it a dry land test without the SOSecure?

Thank you for your posting and the very useful feedback.

--John
    Yeah, I was supposed to try that at our apartment pool today but it rained me out. I'll be coming back to it in the near future.

This was the review I'd written on my Tumblr on these. This review and pictures of the product and their fit on me can be seen here:
    http://diapered-maurepas.tumblr.com/...diaper-product

So I recently purchased a brand new diaper product the Swimmates by Tranquility Adult Swim Diaper that is actually something I’ve been asking for a very long time as an incontinent person. Adult Little Swimmers style adult swim diapers.

Normally when going to a pool I wear the SOSecure reusable swim pant. However they’re a little uncomfortable and definitely impractical if you need to be changed yet don’t want to go immediately home. Such as at a waterpark. So this is something that definitely meets my needs.

And on the whole they definitely function. It struck me as odd that they came in a completely unmarked bag with no instructions or anything, but that may have been because they had to rush the product out to get it out before the end of summer. I had a wetting accident waiting on the maintenance man at our apartment to open the pool and it absorbed it pretty well. I’d say the absorbency is on par with any other Adult Pull-up you’ll find. Not reliable, but reliable enough for the transport to the area.

The fit was indistinguishable from the other Adult Pull-ups I’ve worn. I’ve yet to notice a difference in that style product among the various brands. And if you like how those fit, you’ll like how these fit. Personally, I’ve always found they’re not padded enough compared to GoodNights and actual Pull-Ups which I feel contributes to their lack of absorbency. Here though, it’s less pronounced as you’re only really worried about absorbency on the way to the place you’re swimming. One wetting tops, and that’s about what it can handle.

It of course did not swell up upon entry to the pool as diapers are wont to do. However I did have the misfortune of messing myself towards the end of our second pool trip. And it did function for containing it, however I would recommend immediately getting changed once that happens. The reason being that although it does have the pool protection on the mat, the sides almost seem as if they’re standard adult pull up material, and I’m unsure exactly how well that will contain with too much moving about . Fortunately we were intending to leave around then, but if you intend to swim at say a water park or what have you I would recommend keeping two or three in your diaper bag and changing as quickly as possible once you’ve had a BM.

So overall pretty good, it’s not necessarily the dream product I think most of us would be hoping for, but it’s not too bad either. Would recommend, but with caution.
    Last edited by Mauxx; 15-Aug-2014 at 02:30.