Thread: Simple news question

Default Simple news question

I would kindly like to know what is so special about this meme?

Click to reveal

It originated from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJGDtonkqPs

It is an internet meme that started from this fake video (It is fake because it is a cut off from another video which is from right here): Can't find the video but it describes the news lady picking strawberries and accidentally saying F***

And its' ratings went up the chart: http://www.google.com/trends/explore...t+in+the+pussy

I know it's a funny meme just like other regular memes but what is the point of it exactly? I know it's real term but it's used all over news stations at least 1-2 times a month now.

Nothing special about it, it's just a meme, like any other meme is has it's popularity and it will pass

Just a dumb thing that the internet attached itself on to, like every other meme out there.

its amazing because it's an old dude, dropping a ridiculous line that has nothing to do with the topic at hand during a live interview (at least that's how its perceived), and the number one key to all of comedy: the way he delivers it. He says it so nonchalantly when we all know its a big deal to swear on television. He's so chill about it. Plus, most people can identify with it; guys wanna fuck her right in the pussy, and gals wanna get fucked right in the pussy. It's the world's oldest story, and most everyone's happy.

Huh. I'd never seen that before. Do news channels in the US report on memes?!

Anyway, I love the pure nonchalantness of the girl in this interview:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ58NABf9Gk

Kinda makes you wonder why anyone bothers pretending that some words are taboo... :-/ Like the idea that no one should be so rude to speak the name "Voldemort"!

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Huh. I'd never seen that before. Do news channels in the US report on memes?!

Anyway, I love the pure nonchalantness of the girl in this interview:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ58NABf9Gk

Kinda makes you wonder why anyone bothers pretending that some words are taboo... :-/ Like the idea that no one should be so rude to speak the name "Voldemort"!
    What did I do now? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Gumball View Post
    Just a dumb thing that the internet attached itself on to, like every other meme out there.
    There are all sorts of dumb memes but remember the Harlem shake? That was stupid -_-
    Last edited by Snivy; 30-Jul-2014 at 02:01. Reason: Wrong Terminology

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    "Voldemort"!
    GASP! He who should not be named! You named him!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    There are all sorts of dumb memes but remember the Harlem shake scandal? That was stupid -_-
    That was a scandal? "This just in, Barack Obama caught doing the Harlem Shake, could he face impeachment? More at 11"

Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas View Post
    That was a scandal? "This just in, Barack Obama caught doing the Harlem Shake, could he face impeachment? More at 11"
    heh saw the news but nothing. (I knew it was a joke) just more sanctions
    Last edited by Snivy; 31-Jul-2014 at 00:05.