Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do y'all do when you get frustrated

Default What do y'all do when you get frustrated

Just wondering, I got home from work tonight and it was a pretty frustrating night, at the end something made it worse and I got really frustrated and blew my top a little bit, i just punched a concrete wall and moved on, just curious what do ya do when u get really frustrated?

Being a keyholder at my job, I've been there many many times. Most of the time if I have a bad day, I just don't let it bother me while at work and vent toward someone when I get home; it makes me feel better knowing that I can keep my composure under stressful circumstances. But lately, my days have been so bad that I've been drinking from my bottle to unwind after work every time. It calms me down. You should probably find an outlet that doesn't involve punching things that will hurt your hand.

PaddedPuppy

It really depends. If I am still in a state where I can help myself then I will go to bed and bury myself under a pile of plushies and usually have a bottle of warm milk.

If someone has got me enraged and it would be impossible to get me to lay down in one position long enough to relax then I just become destructive. Usually people annoy me over the phone and thats the first thing to get smashed up. I've had to replace my phone for that reason 3 times this year. But its better than going out and injuring someone I guess.

As for punching a concrete wall I'm not sure about that. Even when someone has driven me crazy I think I know how much that could potentially hurt. Though internal plaster walls are a different story. My hand has went through them a few times...

It is very problematic for me.

I have to do some grounding techniques and or reflect on what it is that I am frustrated with.

I have had some anger management training and worked through a lot of issues.

But my current tactic is to give myself a time out.

When in doubt, get the hell out!

I need to leave the area and go pull weeds, mow the lawn, something to work the energy out, and then reflect on what the problem is and address the issues.

Always remember: " Stress is the conflict of body and sole for the want of strangling the living S*** out of some one how desperately needs it!"

I was drinking for a bit, but I rather solutions than a quick fix band-aid.

So what do I do now? Well:

-I cry a little (on the inside lol)
    -Have something to eat
    -Do something constructive like go for a walk or one of my hobbies
    -Then I reflect on the problem(s) and think about solutions

That seems to work for me...
    Last edited by Speck; 31-Jul-2014 at 11:18.

Tantrums.....ooh yeah ... I can chuck a good wobbly. But then I move on really quick. I don't hang on to stuff, but I do need to get rid of it. I'm happy to say I'm never physical toward anyone or anything. Just tantrums. Umm I am pretty good at keeping a cool public face. I usually have tantrums in private.lol.

I guess it depends on what is causing me to feel frustrated. Usually if a person is getting on my nerves, I would choose talk to the individual and explain in a respectful manner why the behaviour is causing frustration. If the behaviour is really inappropriate or annoying, the person may not be aware of how it's bothering other people. Mind you, you have go a long way before I would get so annoyed that I would need to take this step. Overall I'm a pretty laid back person. If I feel other kinds of frustration where things aren't going they way I want them to be going, I usually like to take a long walk in a quiet peaceful area. My daily six mile run also helps keep me calm.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    Tantrums.....ooh yeah ... I can chuck a good wobbly. But then I move on really quick. I don't hang on to stuff, but I do need to get rid of it. I'm happy to say I'm never physical toward anyone or anything. Just tantrums. Umm I am pretty good at keeping a cool public face. I usually have tantrums in private.lol.
    I never get physical towards anyone but inanimate objects are a diff story, i sometimes just get so worked up that i need to vent it really quick haha. and starrunner running definitely helps, i run about 4 miles a day and it usually keeps me pretty level headed

It can vary dependent on the stressor and it's level, I take a nap, ride my motorized bike, take a river cruse, masturbate, wear more diapers than usual, take an enema, and or drink too much.

Edit; Oh and lots of chocolate with that red wine is just the ticket sometimes.