Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with explaining paci to roommate?

Default Help with explaining paci to roommate?

Here is the situation: I am going to college, and I am moving into a dorm with a roommate. Of course, I don't need to tell them all of my ABDL tendencies or desires, but I would like to explain my sleeping habits. I have no issues with anyone knowing about me sleeping with stuffed animals, because I honestly can't sleep well without hugging something, and it's really pretty innocuous. However, I usually sleep with my silicone nuk5 with a pink guard, and I really, really don't want to stop. If my roommate saw me without explanation, I don't know what crazy things they may think. So, I want to explain it to them.

Now, I'm in a wing of the dorms at my college called the Social Justice Wing. It's oriented around the LGBTQA community, and my roommate is a biological female who identifies as agender. They are really open minded, and I'm sure they would understand that I want it to be kept between us, and even if they don't understand why I sleep with it, it's probable that they would respect my decisions.

The problem is... how do you even start a conversation like that. I barely know them at all, because I haven't met them yet in real life. What do you guys recommend?

just be up front and professional about it. Like this is something I do that I'm not going to stop I'm sorry if that bothers you and if it does I'll be discreet about it and then mention how you would of course want to keep this private. Just try not to make a big deal about it and move on to a different topic quickly. If you want you can make up some medical reason why you do it (you can browse nuk's website for some btw) or you can tell her (him, it, idk) about the whole thing and it still applies just be brief and professional about it and try not to make a big deal about it. Preferably you would do it without them knowing and not have to explain it but if you do do it quick and do it with a mature tone.

Thanks blablafreckenlover. However, when should I do it? Should I do it in the first days of living together when we've met, or do it through text, or what?

probably before moving in that way it won't be a shock when she finds it mixed in with your luggage. Most of the time I would tell something important like this face to face or over the phone but if you don't know her very well text might help keep the professional tone the downside is you won't be able to get a read on her emotions when you text so keep that in mind.

Hmmm, that's a good thought. I feel that might be even more awkward. Like, hey, I'm bringing a TV, we can both chip in to buy a printer, and I sleep with an adult pacifier. Get what I'm saying? Or am I just overthinking the whole thing?

If everything is as open minded as you suggest, why not just go ahead and discretely do it... she'll probabably find it cute and well, maybe she'll say nothing. I'm guessing that dorm will have a lot of accepting folk. After a little while if she hasn't mentioned it already, just leave it in an obvious place and wait for the immanent comment. By then you'll know her well enough to know how to handle it. Either way you're going to use your paci..,right.

Personally it's something I'd never be caught dead doing around another, unless it was with like minded people.

Try this: If anyone asks, tell them your doctor prescribed you a pacifier because you tend to grind your teeth in your sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Note View Post
    Personally it's something I'd never be caught dead doing around another, unless it was with like minded people.

Try this: If anyone asks, tell them your doctor prescribed you a pacifier because you tend to grind your teeth in your sleep.
    Haha lol (soz Note... nothing personal) and the plushies are to....... I'm thinking the two together would spark some interest.

Sorry I'm being naughty.

Quote Originally Posted by Note View Post

Eh, I really don't want to lie. But thanks, I may consider it later.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    If everything is as open minded as you suggest, why not just go ahead and discretely do it... she'll probabably find it cute and well, maybe she'll say nothing. I'm guessing that dorm will have a lot of accepting folk. After a little while if she hasn't mentioned it already, just leave it in an obvious place and wait for the immanent comment. By then you'll know her well enough to know how to handle it. Either way you're going to use your paci..,right.
    Worst case scenario, I try not to let her know and sleep with my back facing her. I do like the idea of getting to know her before I decide to tell her or not. Hopefully, she is the type of person who doesn't car what other people do, and just let's me be without judgement. However, she cold be petty and mean spirited, in which case, I'll be discreet, and if I get caught, take it without shame. On the flip side, there is always the smallest chance she is ABDL too... One can hope.

Hahaha what are the chances of that....imagine just how awesome college would suddenly become.

Better still your roomy says to you...ummm I've got something really awkward to tell you, I hope you can understand...... I'm an AB