Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odor Control?

Default Odor Control?

i've been wearing a little more often lately(mainly at night), and the odor is becoming a lil more obvious.

short of opening the window, there's not much i know to do regarding it.
    and when it gets colder i'd rather avoid having to open the window.

right now i'm wearing M4s, and after i get back to my room from walking the dogs in the morning i'm able to notice the urine smell.

any tips on what i could do?

//edit//
    i have an airtight case that i put my used diapers into, so disposal isn't the issue; just the odor from while i was wearing.
    Last edited by SleepyTyrant; 26-Jul-2014 at 01:51.

Umm...What odor are you talking about? (Please: Don't go into explicit details)

Drink more water and less coffee or caffeinated drinks. Should help.

I'm venturing a guess that he means the smell of used diapers. Get a package of heavy duty black trash bags. Use those as a central receptacle for used diapers that you put into plastic grocery bags. Dispose every 4-5 days.

ah oops...i meant odor control for urine >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Fingon View Post
    I'm venturing a guess that he means the smell of used diapers. Get a package of heavy duty black trash bags. Use those as a central receptacle for used diapers that you put into plastic grocery bags. Dispose at your convenience.
    i have an airtight case that i put them into after i take them off, but i meant the odor that permeates the air from when i was wearing/changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingon View Post
    I'm venturing a guess that he means the smell of used diapers. Get a package of heavy duty black trash bags. Use those as a central receptacle for used diapers that you put into plastic grocery bags. Dispose every 4-5 days.
    It all depends on what kind of environment he is in. Love your idea but you must be the eye of the tiger

Quote Originally Posted by Barnboy View Post
    Drink more water and less coffee or caffeinated drinks. Should help.
    Even that isn't a case for solving the culprit. It all depends on what you drink and what if he never drank coffee or any kinds of caffeinated drinks? Could be his digestion that can produce smell inside urine...some liquidy foods affect the smell of urine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never had an issue with urine with my M4's well that's because my usual solution is if I soaked my diaper then I pour Luke/hot water inside...usually that kills odor because liquid that mixes will eliminate some (not all) some chemicals and all that solves my problems...I never had any kinds of smelly problems so maybe that can be your idea.

For disposing is a major method. Just simply wrap the Nappy up and depending on your environment inside your house as Fingon suggested grab one of those odor lock trash bags "Hefty is a nice product" and toss the snowball right inside. Also wrapping them up with paper towels lock on odors about 75% but you might smell a tiny odor Can't guarantee that but it's not as worse as I would guess you have described it.

(I'm going to assume your question is regarding the odor from a wet diaper you're presently wearing, or odors released while changing, not odors of improperly stored changed wet diapers)

high sap diapers lock wetness away such that it can't evaporate and release odor into the air. NO diaper is 100% sap (it'd be a brick) but high sap diapers tend to contain odor better by default. There has to be some pulp in there though to wick around, so no wet diaper is going to contain odor anywhere near 100%.

Some diapers also claim to have "Ph balancing" or "odor control", but I haven't really noticed any difference in any of them.

- drink more liquids to dilute your urine so it smells less or not at all (this will have the opposite effect of making you wet more though...)
    - change when you're wet
    - wear higher sap diapers. completely avoid 100% pulp diapers.
    - tape snugly
    - limit physical movement (you're going to air out your diaper more if you're moving around than say, sitting or laying down)

plastic pants over a disposable diaper may help a little

and of course the obvious one... don't wet your diaper! (or not as much)

For most people, the more concentrated the urine, the smellier it is. Diluting, like what you did with the water post use, is the same idea for before you go. Drink more water, dilute the urine inside the body (be well hydrated) and you will have, most of time, less issue with strong scented urine. Obviously certain food like asparagus will likely win over the water and create more smell. So it is relative to your diet.

Ditch the Abenas they stink! Seriously they have the poorest odor control of any diaper I've tried to the point of adding their own fug to the room. No I din't hate Abenas and I buy them often, even woke up in one today but most others do control odor much better.