Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips for using baby powder

Reword

Default Tips for using baby powder

I have been wanting to try baby powder for some time but I have some concerns...

For starters, the reason I want to get some is I love the smell and it seems to bring back memories, but I have no diapers and don't plan to till I maybe have my own place and also accept my desires.

My concern is if the baby powder aroma spreads throughout the bedroom after application. I'm worried that if someone walks in my room they would smell the powder. My parents know about my desires so they would instantly know what's up. Also, would people be able to smell it on me if I apply it to my diaper area with only wearing briefs? The feedback would be much appreciated.

For in your room, they do baby powdered scented candles, maybe get on of those and blame it on that? Just say it was a gift from someone or something.
    Either that or just use the baby powder and should anyone ask, just say its because you get sweaty.

I know several guys who use it on their balls for comfort in the heat, and I know several people who weirdly sprinkle their hair with it...

It's a powerful scent. If you're concerned about keeping things quiet, I don't think it's going to work very well for you, particularly when you live with those who know of your interest and don't approve.

Reword

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    It's a powerful scent. If you're concerned about keeping things quiet, I don't think it's going to work very well for you, particularly when you live with those who know of your interest and don't approve.
    What if I had a bottle of it but just sniffed it but never applied it? If the powder never hits the air and spreads around the smell shouldn't fill the room, right?

The same thing has been going through my head too. I have been using powder for a while (padded) and I'm sure the smell lingers for a bit after, but I think I have just gotten used to it. However, people do visit from time to time and never mention anything; maybe they're afraid to ask? Who knows...

I would take such precautions as suggested by Digime. Other than that, I'd make sure to air out your room often...

I'll also mention that direct exposure of talc by inhaling is potentially harmful. It's one thing to apply it to your skin, it's another to directly inhale it...

Reword

Back when I was a kid I had something that smelled like baby powder and just by smelling it I would feel very little. I even felt like I had shrunk! So all I really need is to sniff it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reword View Post
    What if I had a bottle of it but just sniffed it but never applied it? If the powder never hits the air and spreads around the smell shouldn't fill the room, right?
    That's going to be pretty safe. Just don't go huffing it, since as Note noted, the talc isn't good for your lungs. There's always cornstarch baby powder as an alternative. You should be able to find it in travel sized bottles, so you don't have such a big thing to keep away from the curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Reword View Post
    Back when I was a kid I had something that smelled like baby powder and just by smelling it I would feel very little. I even felt like I had shrunk! So all I really need is to sniff it.
    No big explanation necessary I don't use it that often but when I want it, it can have a potent effect.

Reword

That's going to be pretty safe. Just don't go huffing it, since as Note noted, the talc isn't good for your lungs. There's always cornstarch baby powder as an alternative. You should be able to find it in travel sized bottles, so you don't have such a big thing to keep away from

No big explanation necessary I don't use it that often but when I want it, it can have a potent effect.
    Thanks for the advice!

You could try finding another baby scented product that appeals to your senses... A scented lotion or baby wipes etc that could be safer than powder to smell.
    I'd have to agree with comments about the powder, it is strong and it does hang around both in the air and on you. Use with caution around those who might question it.

Baby powder is used for plenty of things besides baby stuff, so if your parents did comment on it, you could just tell them it was for something else. The most common use is probably to prevent chafing, but it can also be used to keep things like shoes smelling good. I just googled "uses of baby powder" and a lot of stuff popped up, so browse through that stuff and either choose an excuse or actually use it for that stuff.