Hey guys been a while since I posted, I have a question for you. Please also try to understand me here, judge me if you will just do not yell at me :3.
I bought an iPhone tuesday night which I knew was icloud locked. I knew icloud locked means usually stolen but i took my chances with this phone. so i got the iphone from this guy, went home and tested around with it. thats when i saw the message "this phone is stolen, please call 04 (something something)." this made my heart drop. I had just spent money on it and helped out a crook.
another long story short I got the money back, went to the police and handed the iPhone in so they cop could call the guy (WHICH by the way the cop is meant to call me back, I want the phone number of the owner so I can tell him how lucky he is that such a nice guy got his hands on it.)
looking to buy another phone tonight (not wanting to fall into the icloud lock trap again) another 5s for 360. icloud locked.
Now, say if you found 20 dollars in the middle of an oval with no one around. Would you keep it? or try to find its owner?
This is my issue with this phone. ive been talking to the girl and shes proven with pictures this iphone is in fact icloud locked. Shes also shown that no one has left a message on the phone saying, "this phone is stolen, please call this number to return it to me."
This is where it gets tricky. I would NEVER willingly keep stolen merchandise, and please don't get your back up about this question. I had my ipod stolen in 2008 from my school locker and it was the most upsetting thing in the world.
please give me your input on this. Buy the phone? or not.
ps. please be nice :3
pps. I also willingly bought a locked phone because a team is working on an unlock (which know i feel like i dont support as much as 99% of locked phones are stolen, and the other 1% someone has sold there phone and decided to be mean and lock it)