Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Diaper Size (Waist Size 32")

  1. #1

    Default Diaper Size (Waist Size 32")

    I just received a bunch of medium size samples from Bambino for their various diapers, but the sizes all seem too large. Can anyone recommend a plastic diaper that's a bit more fitted for someone with a waist size 32"?

    I really like the padding around the front, but it's just too large. Ideally I'm looking for something that's closer to a brief as far as size goes, but is still really poofy and crinkly.

    All the ones I received go up to my belly button and have about 8" of material between the legs. Not to be nit picky, but it'd be awesome to find something that has more like 4" between the legs and is less square cut looking.

  2. #2

    Default

    I would recommend testing different diapers because we all fit differently, get samples until you find one that fits the right way. I am a size 32" waist, but my thighs are bigger than average, so bambinos are actually too small on me. Other diapers that fit size 32 fit me fine. Superio's don't fit me well, but they might work with you. I'd also recommend Tena Slip Maxi, but the plastic versions are getting phased out once the various online stores run out of the plastic backed ones. ATNs are also ones that run a little smaller too for their mediums (I hate the tapes, but others swear by this diaper).

  3. #3

    Default

    I'm about the same size as you and find the Larges fit me better (despite the size chart) in everything except DRY247 which is more realistic on their sizing.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by mattyd View Post
    I would recommend testing different diapers because we all fit differently, get samples until you find one that fits the right way. I am a size 32" waist, but my thighs are bigger than average, so bambinos are actually too small on me. Other diapers that fit size 32 fit me fine. Superio's don't fit me well, but they might work with you. I'd also recommend Tena Slip Maxi, but the plastic versions are getting phased out once the various online stores run out of the plastic backed ones. ATNs are also ones that run a little smaller too for their mediums (I hate the tapes, but others swear by this diaper).
    So what are they switching the tena maxi to cloth or are they getting rid of them?

  5. #5

    Default

    I believe ABU has a small size, it comes with two tapes instead of the big one.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by TryingThisOut View Post
    I just received a bunch of medium size samples from Bambino for their various diapers, but the sizes all seem too large. Can anyone recommend a plastic diaper that's a bit more fitted for someone with a waist size 32"?

    I really like the padding around the front, but it's just too large. Ideally I'm looking for something that's closer to a brief as far as size goes, but is still really poofy and crinkly.

    All the ones I received go up to my belly button and have about 8" of material between the legs. Not to be nit picky, but it'd be awesome to find something that has more like 4" between the legs and is less square cut looking.
    $

    Try a smaller size or a different brand.

    I can highly recommend Attends Regular M10 ...
    Attends M is a bit on the small size (compared to Tena M Size for example...)
    I'm a 34" (jeans size 34 is a bit on the loose side) and they fit me very well, but you could easily tighten them up some more.
    Tena seems to be cut a tad larger in my opinion.
    Have no idea about bambino in comparison as it is definitely not my kind of diaper.
    But the Attends are NOT crinkly or "poofy" - but they absorb a lot and are very comfortable and still rather discrete.

    That aside...
    The problem is that both your physique and and your needs are individual.
    So if I recommend you product X because it's working well for me (different body, different needs), chances are you will not find it a good product for you.
    That boils down to ordering samples of various products in different sizes and see what works best for you.

    Interestingly for example not even within one manufacturer's product range sizes / fit is similar.
    So whilst I find Attends M10 Slip REGULAR to be my nappy of choice for night time use...
    The Attends M10 Slip Regular PLUS (before was called "special care") don't fit me at all (weird fit...) in M Size (too small, kind of)... and in L-Size I could fit in twice.
    The Slip REGULAR though M is perfect.

    One of the weirdest sizes I had tried were the new "comficare" diapers (got two as a sample in an order while back..) - Personally I utterly DISLIKE them for a number of reasons... But the sizing was just really weird. with 90% of the diapers M is my perfect size... But these comficares I just couldn't get them to fit comfortably.
    They weren't too small, but the legt holes were odd, the tape position, etc. odd...
    But I assume for some people it's a perfect fit (at least to the guy who designed them I guess).

  7. #7

    Default

    Tranquility ATN are sized a bit small for medium and the crotch is narrow compared to many other brands, including Bambino. Fit is an individual thing, best thing is to try out several samples.

  8. #8

    Default

    Tena is switching to cloth. If your in the US, not sure if our regular suppliers of them (XP or Bambino) will continue to import them once they switch.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by mattyd View Post
    Tena is switching to cloth. If your in the US, not sure if our regular suppliers of them (XP or Bambino) will continue to import them once they switch.
    I live in the US but I'll check more into it tho

  10. #10

    Default

    I'm curious if there's a general way to size down a diaper. I usually have access to LG size, but am myself around a 32" waist. Usually I cross the tape over to the other side if I really need to. I'm wondering if there's a modification that you could make to make it so you don't have to do this.
    I think this is useful information in general because the larger size diapers tend to have a higher capacity. I'm not suggesting trying to fit a bariatric XXL brief on a 20" waist but give or take 5-10" wouldn't it be more advantageous to size up for absorbency purposes?

Similar Threads

  1. Waist size?
    By dprlvr1 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-Feb-2013, 11:10
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-Jul-2012, 06:46
  3. TENAŽ YOUTH BRIEF (17"-29" Hip/Waist Size)
    By Soul93 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-Jun-2012, 14:33
  4. Waist size question.
    By Joemaster240 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21-Mar-2011, 05:23
  5. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-Mar-2010, 18:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.