Thread: Dehydration Attack!

Default Dehydration Attack!

Today i hade a mild dehydration attack.

I'm in spain on holiday with family
    Most of the day i had loss of appitied, struggling to eat. So my step grandparents offered to cook us dinner. When i was eating i felt like i was full. I desied to go into the pool. When i wss in the bathroom a felt lighted headed and then the dehtdration attack happened. Now im drinking a solution to rehydeate me ( still at my step grandparents house), good that my step sisster is first aid trained.

Sorry if there is spelling and gramer mistakes, due to my phone having no spell cheker on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTonyChopper View Post
    Today i hade a mild dehydration attack.

I'm in spain on holiday with family
    Most of the day i had loss of appitied, struggling to eat. So my step grandparents offered to cook us dinner. When i was eating i felt like i was full. I desied to go into the pool. When i wss in the bathroom a felt lighted headed and then the dehtdration attack happened. Now im drinking a solution to rehydeate me ( still at my step grandparents house), good that my step sisster is first aid trained.

Sorry if there is spelling and gramer mistakes, due to my phone having no spell cheker on it.
    Get to feeling better. I know it sucks, I've been there before myself. We are having very hot and humid days outside. It's really bad to go out and do lots of yard work or other stuff outside.

It is important to keep hydrated, especially if you're doing hard outside work in a dry, hot climate like Spain - you can sweat a lot and not notice due to the fact it evaporates quickly. If you haven't peed in over 4 hours, or your pee is really dark, chances are you're getting dehydrated and should drink a bit more. I like to keep hydrated, I find it makes me more productive.

I'm fine now. I was not allowed to sleep until I finished the solution, it tasted odd but smelled nice. The next day I was not allowed to drink any fizzy drinks. Now im wearing a hat when I go out side and have increased fluid intake.

I hope it doesn't happen again.

Misatoismywaifu

You should be ok just get into the habit of drinking water all the time but know that you can over hydrate if your not careful, it's not a fun experience at all.

I had a similar experience not to long ago. I was in my fire fighting class and it was in the 90's outside while we were excercising and working in turn-outs (bunker gear). They do well to keep the heat out but they also keep body heat in so yeah almost passed out while I was rolling up the fire hose. Just keep up your water intake, limit pop becuase it is a diuretic and remember that true hyrdation is one to two days before the event. Most people walk around constantly dehydrated you will feel better if you drink plenty of fluids.

Thanks for the advice. I'm drinking plenty of water and oragnge juice, I diffently alot better now.

Cavemans I never knew most of the population are dehydrated. Im curious where you found this information.

Misatoismywaifu

Yeah, Turnout Gear is like MOPP, you'll sweat your body weight off and won't even realize it. Especially during interior attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTonyChopper View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I'm drinking plenty of water and oragnge juice, I diffently alot better now.

Cavemans I never knew most of the population are dehydrated. Im curious where you found this information.
    Sorry for late response, haven't been able to get on the site much. Anyways I have heard this from a lot of paramedics and emts, but if you do a fast google search and you will find a bunch of articles talking about how 75% of the US population at least are chronically dehydrated.

https://www.google.com/search?q=most...a&channel=fflb