Thread: iphone 6 or galaxy note 4?

Default iphone 6 or galaxy note 4?

Which one are you buying? Im getting the note 4 right now i have a lg g flex

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    Which one are you buying? Im getting the note 4 right now i have a lg g flex
    Is the Note 4 even officially announced yet?? (or did I miss something )...
    have not seen any real news about this so far...

The iPhone 6 is - as rumored often - most likely coming in two sizes ... like the previous but probably a tad larger in screen size.
    And a large one like a "phablet" (god, that word makes my ears hurt).

Personally I am not an "early adopter" of new tech - albeit I try to keep quite up to date when it comes to my gadgets.
    But that means that I usually wait with a purchase a few weeks / or more likely two-four month after an item has officially started to be sold.
    Why? first updates are in which fix the most imminent problems (I don't like "beta testing" with a fully paid-for product).
    Also by that time the first realistic real-use reviews have hit the net and also most stores will have working demos available to try out myself.

So in this case (as I myself am thinking of upgrading by the time either device has been around for a bit) I'd wait it out and see what it is all about.
    Especially in regards of an iOS vs. Android decision currently.
    At the moment Android has just more to offer in the function and customizing department... iOs (at least the current offical non-beta release) is lagging behind with a few aspects... and I'm still "pissed" that apple decided I don't need a properly customizable call filter, or that there's no easy way to delete an entire gallery, or that there's no shared document folder that apps can access without basically making stupid file duplicates when passing one file from App a to app b...
    or that there's no memory slot for microSD... or no IP67 proofing, etc...
    On the other hand the plain usability / ui-ergonomics is still king with iOS...

On that front, I'd really wait at least until the next release of iOS is out to see what I can expect software wise before I would commit to either platform with a new device.

That said I currently have a Note 3 and love it... especially the integrated wacom digitizer is absolutely amazing...
    I'm less then thrilled though by the plastic fake leather case back... the iPhone felt more "nice" with its aluminium / glass thing.

The one aspect I'm quite excited about seeing put to real life abuse though is the rumored saphire glass screen on the upcoming iPhone 6 models...
    if that lives up to the hype... it might sway me over simply for no longer seeing scratched screens or needing screen protectors at any rate.

Also looking to see what the camera will bring.

Default iphone 6 or galaxy note 4?

I switched from my previous two android phones to an iPhone 5S a while ago and--to be totally honest--I totally regret ever having made the change.

You don't truly appreciate the customization and C&C (command and control) capabilities of an Android phone until you try iOS. It really feels like iOS keeps you constantly on a leash, never failing to yank you back when you want to expand out and do some customizing. The only real saving grace is the camera. The camera on the 5S is sweet.

Thankfully jail breaking offers some reprieve...but still--I miss my Android.

P.S - the main reason I switched was because I had hoped an iPhone would do better in the battery life department. After having it for almost a year now, I can see it's just as bad, if not worse, than my Android smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    I switched from my previous two android phones to an iPhone 5S a while ago and--to be totally honest--I totally regret ever having made the change.

You don't truly appreciate the customization and C&C (command and control) capabilities of an Android phone until you try iOS. It really feels like iOS keeps you constantly on a leash, never failing to yank you back when you want to expand out and do some customizing. The only real saving grace is the camera. The camera on the 5S is sweet.

Thankfully jail breaking offers some reprieve...but still--I miss my Android.

P.S - the main reason I switched was because I had hoped an iPhone would do better in the battery life department. After having it for almost a year now, I can see it's just as bad, if not worse, than my Android smartphone.
    Used to have an iPhone and switched over to the dark side (android) for those reasons... there were certain things my iPhone would not be bothered to do unless I'd jail break it (which is a total hassle in terms of upgrading, etc...). And android does them all straight out of the box (or if not, lets you install an app that does that).
    Like one of my apps that keeps the phone's display constantly ON once I've unlocked it IF it is on a powercord (or by option even if not...).
    Or the advanced call filters (great if you have one phone for private and business purposes)... Or file access / exchange between apps...
    So for me to switch back to iOS - iOS would really need to push some of its current boundaries in the next release.

My contract for my iPhone 4s was up in April. What's most likely going and up happening, is I'm going to upgrade to an iPhone 564 gig.

I've had an Android phone since the first G1 ( first android phone ever) came out. To see where it came from to where it is today is great. The one bad thing about having an Android phone is that you have less cases and gadget accessories by far.

Siri has nothing on Google Now. Apple hasn't done anything extraordinary with the IPhone in recent history.

A metal backing is also not the greatest thing ever. Metal blocks out a lot of the signal. It's also lighter and doesn't dent.

I'm also plotting to get the Note 4. I was going to get the S5, but they thought they release a basic phone with gimmick features like heart rate monitor. Then only out 16 gb for a hdd. After all the bloatware, your left with 9 gb. I'm still waiting for a company to put together a great phone.