Thread: RIP James Garner

Default RIP James Garner

I loved him in Maverick and the Rockford Files. I hardly ever missed watching those
    two shows.

Watching the Rockford Files every Friday night was a tradition when I was in school. He will be missed. :'(

Default RIP James Garner

Famed actor James Garner dies at 86 -

BBC News - James Garner, Rockford Files star, dies aged 86

I mainly recall him from his role in The Notebook. Sappy as that movie can be I always liked it.

It's a sad day. We lost another great actor.

I grew up watching him in the Rockford Files and have been watching him in the 1950's series Maverick. I also have him recorded in several good movies, including the "Support your local ***" set of movies.

Rest in peace, Jimmy

I woke up this morning to the news of his passing.

I can think of so many shows that he was in.

It was a big part of my childhood and I feel like I have lost another chunk that was from back when.

The Rockford Files was a big one, but I also liked him in "Support you local Sheriff" series of movies.

When I was a kid, Maverick was so popular that as kids, we all wanted to be either Bret or Bart. It was the age of cowboys and Indians. I always had problems wondering why all the Indians got killed considering that my dad was half Lenni Lenape Indian.

Older, I loved Rockford files as much as I did Maverick. It's weird to watch so much change in the world as they all pass away.