Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting rid of underwear?

Default Getting rid of underwear?

So when I switch over to wearing diapers 24/7 for awhile I have had this idea of packing away all my underwear. I do not want to get rid of this because I already don't think this time will be permanent. But I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for ways to pack them away that they would be difficult to get to? I live at home but I have a good amount of privacy. I appreciate anyone's thoughts/ideas on this. Thanks

Is this just for a mental thing? Like, you don't want to be tempted to get out your underwear at a weak moment and give up going 24/7? I admit it seems unusual to me. This is entirely a personal choice for you, and if you want to stop, you ought to be able to stop. Putting underwear somewhere hard to get just means that if you really need it for some reason, you'll be out of luck.

Anyway, warning label finished, here are my thoughts for what you could do. The easiest would probably just be to put it somewhere locked and really high up. If you have a really high closet shelf, especially one you can't reach without a step ladder, you could put it up there. You could also just lock it and have a friend hold the key for you (if anybody knows about your diapers), and then you have to ask them for the key before you can get it open, which is a pretty big stall. Lastly, you could try boobytrapping the underwear somehow, maybe rigging a water balloon with some paint in it on an elastic when you open the drawer, so you can only get it by eating your own trap.

I guess my desire to temporarily do this is to make sure that I can stay in the diapers for the pre-determined period of time. I guess not having the choice to not wear diapers for however long, would kind of tie into how a baby doesn't have a choice but to wear them? I dunno. Just something I would like to try.

Mine are up in the attic in a plastic bag in a storage bin.

I still wear briefs on VERY rare occasion, when wearing diapers is clearly a bad choice. I'm not so hardcore as to choose to be miserable. So I keep a few pair in my sock drawer in case the need arises.

I suggest you do the same. It's better to enjoy your fetish than to obsess over it.

Quote Originally Posted by spanko18 View Post
    So when I switch over to wearing diapers 24/7 for awhile I have had this idea of packing away all my underwear. I do not want to get rid of this because I already don't think this time will be permanent. But I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for ways to pack them away that they would be difficult to get to? I live at home but I have a good amount of privacy. I appreciate anyone's thoughts/ideas on this. Thanks
    I think it's good to self-assess, as you have, and realize you probably don't want to go 24/7. Some do, but if you choose to, be very thoughtful of how it will impact your entire life, especially if your bladder control deteriorates. One concern I have is: you live at home, presumably with parents. Parents are more observant than we think. It would be very likely to get caught, or for someone to notice that your underwear drawer is empty (don't laugh, parents clean up/look around sometimes!) I don't know your situation, but think about this really carefully. Getting caught sucks, and it's the #1 thing to be careful of in this situation.

With that aside, in your current situation should you choose to go ahead with this, I think putting them in a storage bin under your bed, or in the closet under some other boxes, is the way to go. Then it'd be inconvenient enough that you'd have to work 5 minutes to get them out. Our brains are surprisingly lazy if it's not an emergency! That would probably make you think, "Yeah, it's more convenient to just stay in diapers".

As bambinod says, however, keep one or two pairs close by just in case. If you suddenly need to be undiapered, then they're easily available. Trust me - times will arise! And if you just keep one pair, then you'll be in the mindset of the underwear just being in case of emergency.

It's quite a lot about keeping yourself in that mindset. Making your underwear just a bit too hard to get ahold of, and preserving one pair for emergency use, will do it for you. All I can say is be smart and be safe. 24/7 can be fun, from what I've heard, but make sure you don't get yourself stuck. Have an emergency out, and be aware of the people around you. Good luck!

Just an observation: you've jumped into this feet first from an impressive height, having little prior experience. What we often see with this kind of situation is one of the following: within a few weeks, they out themselves inadvertently resulting in embarassment and general unpleasantness; with or without the foregoing, the internal pendulum swings back and they purge, either mentally or physically (withdrawing from community or getting rid of their stuff and swearing off); they realize they're pushing a bit too hard and back off to a more balanced approach (best outcome). Everyone is different and I'm not telling you what to do but just based on what I've seen here after nearly eight years plugged into the community you'll be better off if you proceed with some caution and think beyond your diapers and look at how to integrate this into your life in a productive way.

Quote Originally Posted by spanko18 View Post
    Why would you?

Personally I don't get it why you try to "force" you to some extend into this whole 24/7 stuff?... why not just wear when you like to... and if a day arises where you'd prefer - for whatever reason to wear your regular underwear, just do it... and if the day after you feel like diapers again, go ahead...
    Why do you feel the need to set these hurdles (like locking away your regular underwear) or develop a 24/7 mindset for diapers??

soggyboy

[QUOTE=EPO1;1208520]Why would you?

Personally I don't get it why you try to "force" you to some extend into this whole 24/7 stuff?... why not just wear when you like to... and if a day arises where you'd prefer - for whatever reason to wear your regular underwear, just do it... and if the day after you feel like diapers again, go ahead...
    Why do you feel the need to set these hurdles (like locking away your regular underwear) or develop a 24/7 mindset for diapers??[/QUOTE

I agree with EP01 here.

Diapers should be a fun thing, to be enjoyed when you can, in a safe time and place of your choosing.
    By giving up control of the scenario takes the fun away, and it becomes a stressful time rather than a relaxing one.

If it ain't fun, why do it?

You must live in the Bahamas or something. Where I live, wearing diapers is prohibitive at least 4 months out of the year due to the sweltering heat. I'd be dying if I wore one during the day, especially to work or out shopping? Forget it. It's bad enough in my normal clothes when I climb into my 120F car to start it up. I think wearing 24/7 is excessive anyway and can erode your level of control over time. Also, if you wear that often you may find the novelty of it will wear down and it won't be as enjoyable. There's also the money issue as you'll be using way more of them, your social life may also suffer, and your mental state may change because of that. I personally don't like mixing my enjoyment of diapers with socializing with friends, and if I chose diapers over friends or having a life, that's a scary thought. Best to keep this hobby of yours just what it is -- a hobby. Keep things balanced, stable, and practical.