Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abriform M4 tape Problems

Default Abriform M4 tape Problems

Wishing to switch from Tena Slip Maxi, now that they have gone cloth, I turned to Abema Abriform M4. They are also cloth backed and I woke again this morning with unfastened tapes. Others on this forum rave about M4s but I cannot get the tapes to stick. I recall a demo of this diaper which showed a special way of fastening for M4s. Does anyone have any tips on keeping this diaper on, or is this a common problem on the new cloth backed version.
    Oh for the old plastic faced diaper.

I've recently started wearing the M3, and haven't had an issue with the tapes coming unstuck. When diapering up, just ensure that you press and hold the tab against the material for several seconds to ensure it bonds completely. I couldn't offer you much more advice than that, sorry.

Several here will also recommend "rubbing" the back of the tape firmly to "set" the adhesive. That's what I do. It seems to work well.

Abriform tapes will pop on me, but only if I have been wearing for an excessive time. (6+ hrs etc) But that's typical of most diapers. By that point, they're usually stretching, popping, or starting to tear the front shell.

Follower,
    The Plastic version tapes are fine. You have to make sure your hands are dry of moisture and cremes or ointment and powders as with any diaper.
    You have to do the blue tape first then after that you affix the second white tape it secure the diaper correctly. The Abena Abri Form X-Plus M-4 are wonderful you have no worries about those diapers at all. Just remember that advice above you will be good to go. However as with anything manufactured there may be a few errors in manufacturing. Your post states the M-4 are cloth backed no they are not . The lesser absorbent ones are Cloth backed the M-4 is Plastic backed FYI!

Quote Originally Posted by xpluswearer View Post
    Follower,
    The Plastic version tapes are fine. You have to make sure your hands are dry of moisture and cremes or ointment and powders as with any diaper.
    You have to do the blue tape first then after that you affix the second white tape it secure the diaper correctly. The Abena Abri Form X-Plus M-4 are wonderful you have no worries about those diapers at all. Just remember that advice above you will be good to go. However as with anything manufactured there may be a few errors in manufacturing. Your post states the M-4 are cloth backed no they are not . The lesser absorbent ones are Cloth backed the M-4 is Plastic backed FYI!
    Then i'm wearing a hippopotamus then as I have a cloth backed M4 on and the 2 others I've had have been cloth backed !

well I had to recheck XP Medical web site and yes they have a level SMLXL-4 in cloth that' s news to me since I don't use the cloth backed due to issues with leaks I have not looked at that side of the Abena product line in a while whoops a dozen eggs on my face danggonneit! You are right Parcel !

Quote Originally Posted by xpluswearer View Post
    well I had to recheck XP Medical web site and yes they have a level SMLXL-4 in cloth that' s news to me since I don't use the cloth backed due to issues with leaks I have not looked at that side of the Abena product line in a while whoops a dozen eggs on my face danggonneit! You are right Parcel !
    I think it's essentially a US/rest of the world divide. Abena switched to cloth covers but has been persuaded to hold onto plastic in the US market for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I think it's essentially a US/rest of the world divide. Abena switched to cloth covers but has been persuaded to hold onto plastic in the US market for the time being.
    Yup. In the beginning there was only one Abena Abriform range -- all plastic backed. And god saw the plastic. And it was good.

Then Abena decided to go all-cloth-backed and split the Abriform range in two. Now there would be the Abriform Comfort range, and the Abriform Air-Plus (Premium) range. Both are cloth-backed, but the Premiums are breathable and have an extra bit of elastication in the tapes.

There was a bit of an outcry about this change, and one of the US vendors (XP Medical?) negotiated with Abena to keep the plastic-backed M4/L4s in place of the new Comfort range... I think Abena later decided to ship the original plastic-backed range to all US vendors.

In my opinion, the original plastic-backed version are far better. They don't sag, the tapes stay stuck down, and they don't leak like the cloth-backed versions do. The Premium range are even more saggy (with their extra elastication in the tapes), and being breathable, tend to get damp, clammy (and smelly)... Yuk! If plastic isn't your thing, the cloth-backed versions feel more ergonomic and less bulky... but the truth is that they just aren't as "reliable"...

The plastic-backed versions aren't widely available in Europe any more, but (thankfully) one or two retailers in the EU (notably Airoliver aka Save Express in Germany) still supply them.

I am in the UK and ABEMA m4s are cloth backed here. I think Molicares are the only plastic backed diapers left. I can, after much practice, vouch for the Velcro style tapes on the Tena Maxi but Abema have 'stuck' to the old adhesive tapes which worked fine on plastic. My initial question is whether you should tape up horizontally on M4s or bottom up and top down, as I remember reading somewhere but Tiny hints that there may be a general problem with the M4 style tapes on cloth.
    It is interesting that the manufacturers took note of the consumer in the States but we in Europe have no say.

Quote Originally Posted by tantricfollower View Post
    I am in the UK and ABEMA m4s are cloth backed here. I think Molicares are the only plastic backed diapers left. I can, after much practice, vouch for the Velcro style tapes on the Tena Maxi but Abema have 'stuck' to the old adhesive tapes which worked fine on plastic. My initial question is whether you should tape up horizontally on M4s or bottom up and top down, as I remember reading somewhere but Tiny hints that there may be a general problem with the M4 style tapes on cloth.
    It is interesting that the manufacturers took note of the consumer in the States but we in Europe have no say.
    Because of the A holes in Brussels ! they say do this and we say yes sir how high (bring back lbs oz pints gallons yards feet inches )