Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Yall

Default Hey Yall

Hi everyone! I've been into this sort of thing for forever, but I've never really acted on it much, and especially not shared it with anyone. So, here's me trying to explore this aspect of my life a little more. As for the rest of my life, right now I work full time in the service industry and am working towards becoming financially independent so I can go back to school and finish my degree in journalism. I love to read, write, and hear people's stories, so it seems like a pretty good fit. If yall have any questions, let me know.

Welcome to the group MadDoctor! You say you read - who is/are your favorite author(s)? Did you know we have a section here for writers to share their craft? Feel free to jump in on any discussion you see here. We're all pretty friendly. Enjoy your time here!

I'm a fan of science fiction in general, but I absolutely love Peter F. Hamilton, though his stories are beasts. Most of them are more than a single book long, and those books are usually 800 pages minimum. Beyond that, Dean Koontz is really enjoyable to read, and I'll try basically anything someone recommends. Reading, for me, is getting to climb inside someone else's head for the duration of the story and that is beyond amazing.

Good analogy! I've read some Koontz too and LOVE the Odd Thomas series. I also like Stephen King, John Grisham and Clive Cussler.

I'm a pretty big Stephen King fan too, though I haven't read any of his more recent books. I've read basically all the rest though, but I just can't bring myself to go back and subject myself to becoming attached to one of his characters and then he does his thing. Have you read the Dark Tower series? Also, Odd Thomas is amazing.

I've read just about all of Stephen King's books including the Dark Tower series. It took me awhile to start it but once I started it, I enjoyed most of it. There was a surrealistic part to it that I thought was strange, but I won't post any spoilers here. Have you seen the Odd Thomas movie yet? I haven't but heard it was excellent.

I haven't yet, but it's on Netflix, and we have Netflix, so it's only a matter of time. And I need one thing out of you which won't be a spoiler; favorite character from the Dark Tower series? And that includes all the minor ones.

Wow! So many and it's been awhile. The first one that comes to mind is Blain The Train. Lots of suspense with that one!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6a01156fa4e54d970c01156fa86195970c.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	21442

Of course! Did you read all the books in the series?